Texting vs Phone calls?

I've primarily made contact and booked via email and or text. I've only been asked to call once prior to a meeting. It might be the way I word things but it's never been an issue for me. If someone doesn't state no emails or texts then I send one or another and if someone doesn't state no emails or texts and then doesn't respond to either I move along. I figure there's no sense in making a call after that.

Peace

MG

• Like 2

While l will use txt if the SP initiates, I prefer to do all discussion over the phone. I don't know if people know this, but your phone company keeps records of your txt's for something like 3-5 years. They don't monitor them, but a simple warrant gives access to all of it.

I only use email to book and I find it very effective in sorting out and evaluating clients. I'm very upfront about the type of client I'm seeking and have worked exceedingly hard to ensure my advertising and emails appeal directly my target market. There is an email exchange between us that gives me what I need to screen and it seldom fails me. I have an extremely low no show rate and seldom get time wasters. There are a couple of guests that have my cell and will book via text now but they never call unless it is prearranged. Here's why...

When I first started in Canada I had spent years using the phone as my medium of contact but I have a slight hearing impairment. Even with custom ear sets I have difficulty hearing on a phone if there is any background noise on either end and given the delicate nuances of this industry, I would sometimes have heard the address wrong or misunderstood a conversation which would put me or my guest in a situation where I had to think quickly on my feet in order to ensure we were both happy with the outcome of the appointment. If I can see your lips moving then I can understand you, if I can't then there is always a chance I've missed something.

In my personal life, I text like mad but I know if I published a phone number and said "Text Only" it would be ignored by some and I am a woman that must answer a ringing phone. To ensure this doesn't happen I have designed my business model to support what I need which is clear, concise communication before a playdate. I realize that it eliminates some excellent clients who will only contact via phone or text but I accept that. It's all about figuring out what works for me so I can provide the level of service I strive for...

cat

• Like 4

Guest Sno****54
Hello, is it normal to make arrangements with an SP over texting?

Since I'm not a fluent English speaker, I use to book almost 80% of my appoinments via txt, and it worked very well because my reading is better than my listening,so I avoid missunderstanding by texting. Here in the Peg, I communicated by email or phone or sometimes both methods, just with Holland. When I booked ladies from agencies like MGF or GOF, it required additional communication by phone or by email, too. If I'm horny, and I really want to see a especific lady, I don't mind to email or to call, but definitely I'm more comfortable using txt messages.

I prefer texting over phone calls myself at the start. I like to put out feeler questions to figure out if I want to see someone or not. Personally I hate calling people and have never liked being on the phone much. As for random texts from SP's or MA's, it really doesn't matter to me, I'm single so it's not a big deal if a woman randomly texts me at anytime.

phone calls are better and safer, Unless the call is recorded there is no record of what was said like any personal info! If you text there is allwas a record of what was said. This can be looked at any time, also if there was a sp or hobbiest having there phone records checked for any reason !

Guest b**t**e

I don't think it is normal for SP's to make arrangements through texting.

I always talk to whoever I will meet, if that does not work for the SP oh well I will just take my money somewhere else. I work on the KISS principle lol I keep it simple stupid and for me that is on the phone.

Now don't think I don't text, I probably get close to and respond about 300 times a day by text for work, for me by talking to someone it allows me a better chance to get a feel for how the session will go.

For me, if I have a choice, I prefer talk instead.

Talking to an sp, at least I can have a feel about her voice.

You can hear the bodylanguage . Bodylanguage doesn't lie.

Think about the old day, before the txting started. We call an

Sp all the time. Since the technology come along,

Txting take over the phone. And it costs a lot less than a phone

call, by the mins.

This is 2013, txting is the trend. Sometimes I just have to go

along with this.

If I can avoid txt, I will.

Just my opinion .

I use email, PM and texting to give and receive information and set up appointments. I spent so many years with a phone attached to me that I really dislike it as a form of communication and rarely answer it unless I have been expecting a call. However, if a gentleman wants to speak with me prior to meeting, I am always open to that. A voice call can give a lot of information both ways and I would rather someone want to see me and be excited about this fact than be iffy so if a call can do that, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

I prefer texting over phone calls at first contact, then I dont mind phone calls just prior to entering a place to meet a new client, its a safety thing for us..

I like texting first because the message will get through. If call you take a chance on the lady not being able to answer or a full voice mail box.

After first contact will like to follow up with a phone call to finalize arrangements and to both get a feel for the lady and to let her get a feel for me.

Also never worried about call backs or texts because my hobby phone is a separate line not used for anything else. It is a 7-11 speak out phone, simple to get and cheap to use. ( right now $100 gets you $125 in call credit (500 local anytime minutes), free sim card and $20 off a phone. You can be good to go for a year for about $130, then if you have credit left $10 will renew for another year). Also has free voice mail and free incoming texts (outgoing texts are 0.15)

• Like 1

Guest T*rb***k

I prefer PM contact on CERB as a starter to get to know her better, then once I am comfortable that I would like to meet her, then a text. I think it is more exciting to hear her voice the first time I meet her :)

I prefer phone calls ... that being said i just wanted to say i will be doing alot more texting due to the fact that my blackberry is on the fritz and unfortunately hard to hear me. please bear with me as im upgrading in april as soon and the Q10 comes on the market. Email is better than PM too.

xoxoxo

Kaylee

First post. I prefer texting as I know the message will get through. If the lady insists on a phone call I will text to see what is best time to call.

Giterdun52

Guest t****ster***ke

i will use any damn way of communicating the sp asks for! if i have to get a carrier pigeon to set up the appointment, i will - i am that committed to booking the time ;)

PM for CERB if I have never met the person(s). I don't mind texting especially if the person is a regular or repeat but for first time encounters if I'm sent a text, email or phone call I request a PM for member verification and a phone call is always needed to verify and confirm for first time encounters.

I prefer email/text for the initial contact (i.e., asking for availability for specific date and time). If reply is yes, then I call to make the appointment over the phone. If no, then I email/text back saying I'll try again some time in the near future.

Of course, when the ladies have preferred method of communication (phone or text/email exclusively), then that's what I do.