The Walk In Closet.......

I have a huge old farmhouse, like really, way too large for me here alone. There was a time when four of the five bedrooms were used every night, but those days are long in the past. I use one bedroom and when family visits the others are used and when family and friends visit it just expand outwards. I believe that the record is fifteen people here sleeping in beds with an additional eight or ten finding comfortable quarters. Not too shabby.

So yes, a big old farmhouse. There is an issue however with this big old farmhouse. When it was built there was little need for closet space or storage space so in the entire house are only three very tiny closets. I suppose a hundred plus years ago everyone had only their daily work clothes and a good Sunday Go To Meetin outfit, and hey they don't take a lot of space do they.

So, feeling rather bored after Christmas I thought that I might do a little renovation. You know, something to keep me occupied and perhaps even a useful something. The thought came to me - why not make a door from my bedroom into that small bedroom right beside me that is always empty and convert it into a walk in closet. Great idea I thought and the saws and hammers came out.

As I approach the end of the project I find myself in a major dilemma. Isn't it odd how every single project I undertake seems to just lead into something else?

The dilemma you ask? Well it is the fact that I now have a walk in closet - but how can that be a dilemma? A walk in closet, to me, means a large area in which one can hang their clothes, organize their shoes, and keep ones wearing apparel in a somewhat organized fashion.

However when I look at reality, I have two pairs of shoes that I rotate and replace as they wear out, both kept in the porch by the door downstairs. I have about a half dozen sports shirts that I rotate through daily until my weekly laundry day comes around, so for a good part of the time they are stored in the laundry basket. I have two pairs of cords and a pair of jeans. I do have a pretty classy suit which only comes out for weddings. That's all folks. I am a simple man. No walk in closet needed by me!

I have come to the perfect answer to my dilemma and really such a simple answer it is. A woman, I need a woman! A woman who needs a place to organize her shoes, hang her dresses, place every blouse on a hanger, have ample shelf room and still have the space to put in a full length mirror as she tries on her various choices of apparel.

Oh, I have a pretty nice bathroom too.

Resumes and CV's eagerly anticipated. :)

• Like 8

My friends,

It is with great sadness that I must report that our esteemed friend, mrrnice2, was horribly injured earlier in what appears to have been a crowd-related incident. Most of his wounds appear to have been inflicted by multiple objects of about the size of a stiletto heel, possibly caused as he lay prone after being caught unawares in the initial crush.

Investigations continue as to how he managed to become swamped by a stampeding swarm of sexy seductresses.

Please join me in wishing him well for his recuperation.

Phaedrus

P.S. Does anyone know why he has a room full of ladies' underwear? Is there something we should be told?

• Like 4

My Friend Phaedrus,

Thank you so much for your kindness and best wishes. My injuries are relatively minor, nothing that a little TLC will not cure and be assured that TLC I have in abundance. It has been a tumultuous twenty four hours. I had no preconception of the response that would be generated. Be careful of what you wish for they say, and now I have these amazing women coming from all over the country. So much for discretion! I also had a note from Mod that he would either have to close my account or increase the size of his server to handle the increased traffic to the East coast. I am told that you don't fool with the Mod so I am concerned.

The following is just one isolated little anecdote of the past day. I had a lady arrive at my door this morning. She flew into Charlottetown and asked the first person she met about where on the Island the guy lives who is building the walk in closet and he sent her right to my door. She must have paid a hefty fee for those three suitcases full of shoes!

I am not sure where you heard the rumor about the room full of women's underwear. You know as well as I that quality lingerie is obscenely expensive and the more expensive it is the less there is to it and therefore it takes minimal storage room. Since I only purchase quality but have a limited budget it all fits into a shoe box under my bed. It would cost me a fortune to fill that closet with it!

There is a cliché that states that clothes make the man. The heck with that, it is a walk in closet! I do believe that I have discovered a secret.

Ladies please understand that I do not answer PM's that only say things such as, " How big is it?" or that start with "Hey there stud."

I mean, really, if we are going to share a closet then you will understand that respectful replies will get first response.

I feel a need to lay back and be fed some grapes.

MN2

Edited by mrrnice2
  • Like 3

My Friend Phaedrus,

Thank you so much for your kindness and best wishes. My injuries are relatively minor, nothing that a little TLC will not cure and be assured that TLC I have in abundance. It has been a tumultuous twenty four hours. I had no preconception of the response that would be generated. Be careful of what you wish for they say, and now I have these amazing women coming from all over the country. So much for discretion! I also had a note from Mod that he would either have to close my account or increase the size of his server to handle the increased traffic to the East coast. I am told that you don't fool with the Mod so I am concerned.

The following is just one isolated little anecdote of the past day. I had a lady arrive at my door this morning. She flew into Charlottetown and asked the first person she met about where on the Island the guy lives who is building the walk in closet and he sent her right to my door. She must have paid a hefty fee for those three suitcases full of shoes!

I am not sure where you heard the rumor about the room full of women's underwear. You know as well as I that quality lingerie is obscenely expensive and the more expensive it is the less there is to it and therefore it takes minimal storage room. Since I only purchase quality but have a limited budget it all fits into a shoe box under my bed. It would cost me a fortune to fill that closet with it!

There is a cliché that states that clothes make the man. The heck with that, it is a walk in closet! I do believe that I have discovered a secret.

Ladies please understand that I do not answer PM's that only say things such as, " How big is it?" or that start with "Hey there stud."

I mean, really, if we are going to share a closet then you will understand that respectful replies will get first response.

I feel a need to lay back and be fed some grapes.

MN2

I have been helping MN2 all day doing his screening, after all I am much better at this. Ladies please be sure to fill your information out correctly, your applications will not reach MN2 until I am happy, I am very fussy and not nearly as nice. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

Dear Stud,

In light of the fact that I cannot send you a direct PM as it keeps kicking it back to me for an overfull inbox.

I would like to tell you that not only do I need a space for the atrocious amount of shoes I own....

This post has made me laugh so hard I've tears streaming down my face.

Thank you. It was just what I needed xoxo

PS I've some interesting ideas on how to feed you those grapes! ;P

J xo

• Like 1

Dear friend,

FedEx says that they are unable to deliver the package of exquisite, delicately-peeled grapes I sent because your address has exceeded its maximum number of deliveries allowed, not just for today, but for the week. Furthermore, mine is apparently not the only parcel being held. It appears that you may have maxxed out the number of deliveries you're permitted for all of January. :icon_sad:

• Like 1

Dear Mod,

I am so sorry for having crashed your server. I realize that you did warn me about what all of the increased traffic to my account would do and I truly regret that I ignored your warning. I really believed that the traffic from all of those women would slow down, but alas, it did not.

I will understand if you feel a need to suspend me for a period of time. In fact it may be a blessing because since you restored service my PM's have only increased but now my mailbox contains hundreds of angry PM's from gentlemen who were deprived of Cerb for an extended period of time. Believe me that they are NOT addressing me as mrrnice. I can start my own Mr Men club. mrrwhothe helldoyouthinkyouare, mrhowcouldyoudothistome, mrgetalife,mrihopeyouarehappy, and those are the nice ones.

If it will help I will post a picture in a day or two of the walk in closet that is close to bursting at the seams so that the message gets out to the interested women that their opportunity has come and gone.

Again my sincere apologies. Gotta go as I am being called to my bathtub built for two.

Regards,

MN2

• Like 4

MN2 is putting up a very brave front, he is not taking this as well as he says. He just called me and asked if he can come to Halifax and stay for a couple of days . He was not expecting any of this and is quite frantic.

Gentlemen please refrain from taking your frustrations out on our lovely friend. He meant no harm and had no idea what a traffic jam this would create.

Ladies and gentlemen lets all calm down and let MN2 now make the decision on who gets to share his lovely room with him.

I am sure within a week or two he will have made the ultimate choice and we can all go back to our ordinary lives.

We must always remember before we press send what can happen to so many people.

• Like 3

Dear MN2,

What have you been doing with everyone? I've just logged in to see no posts at all, all day! Has everyone been at your place and somehow become distracted?

I wish you well with your bath, although it sounds to me like you need a bathtub built for two hundred, not just two. Or is the reason your closet is bursting at the seams because you locked everyone else in there so you could enjoy a bath with just one other person? If so, I'll be over in a sec :)

All the best

Phaedrus

• Like 1

I sure could use a walkin closet.., right now i have clothes in every closet in my house.., i have to admit.., I love clothes and if I see something i like i buy it.., have clothes for every ocation.., some i have only worn 1time.., as they r very special outfits, for special ocasions..., the problem too is that i forget i have some clothes too as i have to keepthem in separate closets..., I NEED A WALKIN CLOSET! Lol

I will cancel my next tour and you can stay as long as you want.

Hmmm, maybe I will get that room yet........

MN2 is putting up a very brave front, he is not taking this as well as he says. He just called me and asked if he can come to Halifax and stay for a couple of days . He was not expecting any of this and is quite frantic.

Gentlemen please refrain from taking your frustrations out on our lovely friend. He meant no harm and had no idea what a traffic jam this would create.

Ladies and gentlemen lets all calm down and let MN2 now make the decision on who gets to share his lovely room with him.

I am sure within a week or two he will have made the ultimate choice and we can all go back to our ordinary lives.

We must always remember before we press send what can happen to so many people.

Sigh.. I had a decent sized walk in closet but really not a shoe gal who needs to have hundreds of pairs of shoes but I'd love that kind of space to just go and sit there alone for a few hours when everyone else is trying to find me! Or it would be a nice place to go and have a quickie. lol.