Best Western Chocolate lake?

I am looking at booking an incall location for next week. I have always stayed downtown when doing this, but have looked at the Best western and like the look of the hotels and rates, also being out of the way I was thinking it may be a little more discreet. Has anyone either stayed or visited there, and what is the front desk area like for discretion?

It's a little while since I've been there, but my recollection is that the entrance is fairly standard - there's a reception desk more or less inside the front doors, but it's fairly open and you could walk to the elevators or the dining room without being particularly obvious.

A possible plus is that, in addition to the main tower, it has a small wing running out to one side with something like 20 rooms, each of which has its own entrance off the parking lot - motel style. At least that was true before it got renovated, but I think that's still correct. Presumably one of those rooms would be more discreet.

It doesn't look like it still has that. And I prefer to be in a hotel setting anyway, I always feel that a motel is "low class" I know it isn't always true. But it is one of those weird comfort things we all have. and for anyone reading this, no that does not mean I would not visit you at a motel lol

• Like 1

Welcome back Allyson. I think you would be fine at that hotel, the front desk staff are very nice and it is a popular place, at least in the summer for lunch -dinner. So alot of non-guests coming and going. Since it's renovations all rooms are only accessable through the front door although you can exit through side doors. Really any hotel is good so long as you don't draw unneeded attention to yourself by being overly noisy or by having to much traffic in and out. Good luck with your search.:biggrin:

Welcome back Allyson. I think you would be fine at that hotel, the front desk staff are very nice and it is a popular place, at least in the summer for lunch -dinner. So alot of non-guests coming and going. Since it's renovations all rooms are only accessable through the front door although you can exit through side doors. Really any hotel is good so long as you don't draw unneeded attention to yourself by being overly noisy or by having to much traffic in and out. Good luck with your search.:biggrin:

Thank you for the welcome back and your input, I like the idea of the exit through the side at least. And I will try to keep myself quiet, not always an easy thing lol

I think it would be a great location. good parking and discreet for sure. I would go for it but I say this selfishly I might add. :)-

I did stayed there different time. It is a great location and the front desk staff are very very nice. Their mascot is a Chocolate Lab, very friendly dog. Last time I was there they are still doing renovations. Elevators is right across from the front desk but a person can walk in at ease and go right to the elevators. Once a person walk into the short hallway of the elevators area you are out of sight and very private. All the room I did stayed in were newly renovated and some of them with jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. I like the place.. : ) . If you apply for your Best Western card then you can collect points and stay for free. : )