Growth in sex trade linked to use of ED meds

Anecdotal evidence indicates that the sex trade has grown at an amazing rate in the last 8 years. I'm guessing that the use of ED meds, performance enhancers as I like to call them, has also grown at a rapid rate during this time. My hypothesis is that the two are directly linked, that the increase in the use of meds has resulted in the increase in demand in the trade.

and it's just great!

bk

Perhaps.

Something else that's happened over the last few years is the continuing growth of the Internet, and with it online communities such as this one. There is now a wealth of information about the SPs that are available, and how to go about seeing them, that simply didn't exist a few years ago. The existence of a community also provides simple reassurance to the new hobbyist or SP that they are not alone, and that many other well-adjusted individuals are doing the same as them. For many people, it's hugely comforting to know that you're not some kind of freak. I'd argue that the invention of the Internet is of more significance than the invention of ED meds, to be honest.

• Like 6

I think people are becoming more aware of the real situation also. It used to be most Canadians believed it was illegal from watching too much American TV and I think this is still the case (but much less so) and more people are coming to realize the Canadian truth (due some of the nuisance laws being over turned and the looming Supreme Court case) and I think more people are not buying into the stereotypes depicted on TV anymore also as so many SPs (and even a CERB celebrity client) have come forward and educated more of the population.

All those things together are starting to work to bring the worlds oldest profession properly understood to be an honourable profession and the instant "all the knowledge of the world at your fingertips" of the Internet plays a role also of course.

Perhaps.

Something else that's happened over the last few years is the continuing growth of the Internet, and with it online communities such as this one. There is now a wealth of information about the SPs that are available, and how to go about seeing them, that simply didn't exist a few years ago. The existence of a community also provides simple reassurance to the new hobbyist or SP that they are not alone, and that many other well-adjusted individuals are doing the same as them. For many people, it's hugely comforting to know that you're not some kind of freak. I'd argue that the invention of the Internet is of more significance than the invention of ED meds, to be honest.

Very true, the internet must be making a big difference, but without the meds, many players would not be in the game.

bk

Very true, the internet must be making a big difference, but without the meds, many players would not be in the game.

bk

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in regards to the medication thing your speaking about.

I would have to agree with Phaedrus on the internet influence. It is how I became aware of this community.

Being able to communicate safely with a variety of women in a relatively secure manner is what has made all of this possible for me.

Huzzah for the internet.

All of the above seem like sound reasons for an increased demand in the trade. I think this topic could make for an interesting study by some researchers. I for one would like to see the statistics!

I still disagree, I'm afraid. Even if ED meds didn't exist, that only rules out penetrative sex for those affected. SPs offer a huge amount more than just that... and all those activities are still available. And while I've heard many thing about ED, I've never heard that it removes the desire for intimacy.

• Like 3

More to the point on this topic, I believe that after millions of years of evolution our basic human hunger for sex will always rule our lives. That said the convenience of global information on every sexual topic imaginable has also contributed to the growth is services to put the fun back into sex. Another factor is that our lives have become compressed between the sun and moon which causes a build up or hidden stress in our mind and bodies, sex is a great therapeutic way of relieving and regenerating one's self.