Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I watched Deadpool this afternoon, loved it! Great R-rated humour, like it is supposed to be!

A Few Good Men - re-watched it last night - excellent ensemble cast and thoughtful script by Aaron Sorkin.

• Like 1

Welcome to lieth, documentry on Netflix . Racist pieces of shits buying up lots and trying to move into a small town in North dakota .

Being ginger , documentry on Netflix . A redhead who got bullied his whole life , as a redhead , it wouldn't of mattered what colour his hair is , he never dealt with it and just let it continue to happen . I had to stop it and rewind because I was laughing so hard at the part with the cancer patient .

Lovelace , Netflix , about Linda lovelace and the making of the movie Deep throat . More graphic than I was expecting from various angles . A well told story , makes me want to read her book .

I watched Untouchable 3 years ago and still watch it again sometimes. A good movie about friendship. The movie is in French though.

I've watched Mad Max and was really impressed with the movie! It is almost a masterpiece in my view. Definitely a great pick if you're looking for an absolutely insane action film that will blo* you away :)

• Like 2

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I enjoyed the movie Joy. Not the best of David O. Russell films of late but still very enjoyable. Hard to believe that Jennifer Lawrence is only 25, she came across so believable as a strong woman in her mid-30's.

I recently saw Angry Birds. Very adorable. The humour was adult content which made it more fun to watch. I laughed a lot. :D

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest st*****ens**ors

American Ultra was a slightly campy, slacker take on the Bourne identity storyline. Jesse Eisenberg plays...well himself in the lead. He doesn't actually do characters, does he? And why is it so satisfying to see someone/ anyone hit Topher Grace?

;)

Guest Prufrock Cummings

10 Cloverfield Lane had it's moments, so I would recommend it.

I strongly suggest the movie Trumbo based on the story of Dalton Trumbo, a screenwriter who was blacklisted in the fifties by HUAC. And then if you want something really uplifting afterwards, you can make it a theme night by watching Hail Caesar! the new Cohen bros movie :)

• Like 1

Guest n*gu**6

The secret life of pets..... it had its moments. Cute kids movie

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - gave me an increased appreciation of Tina Fey's acting abilities in a dramatic movie.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

finally got around to seeing The Big Short. Best movie I've seen in a couple of years; reminded me how lucky we were in Canada back in 2007/08.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Really enjoyed "The Way Way Back," a nostalgic summer-teen movie. Yes, there are a couple in that genre worth watching. :)

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Really enjoyed "The Way Way Back," a nostalgic summer-teen movie. Yes, there are a couple in that genre worth watching. :)

Stand By Me is another good one, and some interesting stories about the making-of are surfacing now that it is celebrating its 30th anniversary.

I saw 'Swiss Army Man'. This is a really surreal comedy movie in which a man on a desert island discovers a corpse played by that Harry Potter guy. The corpse has powers such as vomiting clean drinking water and arms that can be used as axes to chop wood.

The main guy talks to the corpse about the nature of the world, he does so in that same way that adults try to present an ideal simplistic version of the world to children. While describing an ideal version of the world, he processes his own failures to live up to those ideals. And in between there is lots of physical comedy involving the corpse doing bizarre things.

I know, new doesn't apply for a movie from the 90's but it was new to me, and remastered. Actually the remastering quality was amazing. It was just a perfect dosage of absurd, romance, social critic. It was an easy watch yet witty enough to create a quite entertaining experience. :-)

Guest n*gu**6

Selfless.... awesome movie with Ryan Reynolds and Ben Kingsley about a dying NYC tycoon who has his conciousness transferred to a younger body but then makes a startling discovery about the origin of the body.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Spotlight. Amazing the number of people who are willing to turn a blind eye for money.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Looking for a friend for the end of the world.

Steve Carell and Kiera Knightly.

Funny and poignant and beautiful.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw a movie this weekend called Hidden with Alexander Skarsgard and Andrea Riseborough. It was a suspense/thriller/horror movie with an interesting twist near the end.