Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I finally saw The Arrival. It was even better than I anticipated!

One night my girlfriend and I began to watch The Nice Guys with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gossling but then other people showed up so we turned it off.

I wanted to finish watching that movie and found this free streaming site with no pop ups and there are also movies on there that are still in the theatre. One of them is Fifty Shades Darker. To be honest, I really had no interest in watching this movie and its sequel but maybe I'll give it a try. The movie Hidden Figures is there too. That looks really good.

If you're looking for a funny movie to watch, try The Nice Guys.

http://Http://123movies.net.ru

Guest st*****ens**ors

The Batman Lego movie was all sorts of fun!

*note: at least half of me never grew up.

Guest n*gu**6

The Hurt Locker... been out for a few years, but just watched it again on a whim

Pete's Dragon - the Robert Redford version is more believable and poignant than the earlier Helen Reddy animated one.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw "Passengers" last week. I enjoyed the movie as a whole but I have my reservations.

Note: spoiler to follow so if you haven't seen it, shut your eyes ;)

I was disturbed by the fact that this was a love story about a guy who for completely selfish reasons condemned the female protagonist to death by waking her early on the journey, and in my opinion committed rape by bedding her under all sorts of false pretenses.

There is a part of me that feels like I should park this review under the "movies that suck" thread as well. Maybe we should start a thread called "Movies I love to hate..."

Guest n*gu**6

Flight Plan

A bit twisty turny... really wasn't sure at one point which was truth and which was the masquerade. Pretty cool overall though. I'm actually not a huge Jodi Foster fan, but enjoyed her performance.

Watched "The Cove" last night on Netflix.

It's been out for a while, just never watched it before.

Indy documentary about an area in Japan mass-slaying/fishing dolphins for food.

Main character is the gentleman who started the famous "Flipper" TV show.

Very well done but sad to watch.

Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Michael Caine.

Heist thriller film.

Kept me entertained all the way through.

Excellent. Very well done.

• Like 1

Saw "Boss Baby" in 3D this evening. It has a cleverly written and insightful script which is enhanced by the three dimensional effects and the vocal artistry of its strong cast. Recommend seeing it.

Pete's Dragon - the Robert Redford version is more believable and poignant than the earlier Helen Reddy animated one.

Pete's Dragon - A wonderful movie. Watch it.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw Rogue One for the second time last night, I really enjoyed it on the re-watch even knowing the ending in advance. It's a really enjoyable film, despite being from the Star Wars franchise.

Just rewatched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles in honour of Dr. Dao and United Airlines. Filmed 30 years ago, it stands up due to the comedic talents of the late John Candy and of Steve Martin.

MOST RECENT BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN....

"LION" It's also based on a true story.

And yes... I cried!! It was SUCH an amazing movie.

Go see it now!!!! :D You will love it. I promise.

Has anyone seen it?

Kadie Lux :D

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe last night. If you like creepy horror movies then this one is for you.

Guest n*gu**6

Oddball... my son picked it on Netflix. I had no idea it was a true story. But a pretty decent family movie.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I saw M Night Shyamalan's latest movie Split, and really enjoyed it. Can't say much about it because I don't want to spoil it, I will just say the ending excited me!

Fate of the furious ..enjoyed this movie at the theatre over the weekend.

If you like the previous movies you'll enjoy it.

Yes I saw it on the weekend as well and I agree.

MOST RECENT BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN....

"LION" It's also based on a true story.

And yes... I cried!! It was SUCH an amazing movie.

Go see it now!!!! :D You will love it. I promise.

Has anyone seen it?

Kadie Lux :D

Must agree with Kadie, Lion is a great film with the amazing child actor Sunny Pawar and Dev Patel (from Slum dog millionaire). It tells a story of a 5 year old boy from India, who gets separated from his brother, hops on a train across the continent and 20 years later tries to find his way back home without knowing the name of his town or his family name.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyA7_WhnUBCwAN2gKepoJK6o6faIHkamvkabAWpXzGywzZBNlQ

Going in Style is a great comedy with Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin. Three retired seventy year-olds lose their pension and decide to hit the bank responsible to recover their due.

Hidden Figures with Janelle Monae, Octavia Spencer and Taraji P. Henson tells a story of the first black women to work at NASA as mathematicians, Computer Programmers and Engineers. It takes place during the beginning of the space race between the US and former USSR, when the work of these women was crucial to putting the first US astronaut, John Glenn into space with the Gemini capsule.

The Salesman with Taraneh Ali Dousti and Shahab Hosseini is an Iranian movie that tells the story of a couple who are actors in a theatrical production of "Death of a Salesman". His wife is assaulted and he seeks out vengeance against the perpetrator over his wife's objections. Great story and great acting, in a movie that gives us a window into the life of artists in Iran today.

Guest n*gu**6

The Revenant

DiCaprio used to annoybthe hell out if me but I am becoming impressed with his work. And the bear scene was epic

I re-watched No Country for Old Men this past weekend. It is one of those rare films that is actually more enjoyable on a second viewing. I still loved the ending!

PC,

I would strongly recommend reading this Cormac McCarthy book. To me he is one of the best current fiction writers in America and he perfectly captures the ethos of the American west, while nailing strong character portraits and beautiful stories with poetic prose. I would also recommend two other books that have been made to movie: All the Pretty Horses, and The Road. Another one I loved was the trilogy: Blood Meridian, which explores friendship, innocence, loss and survival as three teenage boys ride from Texas to Mexico.

MLS

http://www.cormacmccarthy.com/

Edited by Manluvsex
Grammatical error.