Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest n*gu**6

Watch 2/3 of the Phantom Menace tonight.....so no....no good movies lately....lol

Saw the new Star Wars movie this morning. It was great, everything you expected plus more. It had a lot of humour in it also. Special effects are good and great story line.

Looking forwards to seeing the next movie in this series.

I watched the classic It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World for the first time yesterday. Loved it. And it was interesting to see what the original inspiration for Rat Race was. I enjoyed the cast of Rat Race, but after seeing the original I have to say the original wins out. Absolutely star-studded and the gags and plotline was much more enjoyable.

Also watched The Dirty Dozen, another classic. Really enjoyed it. It was so surreal seeing Donald Trump so young (and really dorky looking, too!).

On a more modern note, I recently watched Keeping Mum and just loved it. Maggie Smith is a delight in this film, as is Rowan Atkinson. It's a few years old now, but I always tend to be behind the times so it's "new" to me!

Just watched "A Winter Tale" on TV it has a great cast.. Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe, William Hurt, Will Smith, Jennifer Connelly. Drama from 2014

MV5BNTMyNjI1NTM4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcwMzc1MDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1837709/

I saw that not long ago. I liked it more than i expected to like it. Sweet romantic movie :)

I recently watched Mission Impossible: rogue nation (more my kind of movie) I find that you can pretty much loathe what an actor does with their life and still enjoy the movie roles that they take on.

• Like 1

I recently watched Mission Impossible: rogue nation (more my kind of movie) I find that you can pretty much loathe what an actor does with their life and still enjoy the movie roles that they take on.

Agree with you lol... Enjoyed that mission impossible movie this summer... Was not disappointed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Guest st*****ens**ors

The novel on which A Winter's Tale is based (by Mark Helprin, and with the same title as the film) is one of my favourites. Beautiful and surreal with lashings of poetry and magic and sex, and an emotional trajectory that gets me every time.

Well worth the read.

Guest n*gu**6

Saw Star Wars the Force Awakens today with my son. We gave it 4 enthusiastic thumbs up.

Watched The Martian on Boxing Day. It was surprisingly engaging. Matt Damon's acting of the role was top notch. Now reading the book.

Watched The Martian on Boxing Day. It was surprisingly engaging. Matt Damon's acting of the role was top notch. Now reading the book.

Watched the Martian on a 3D IMAX theater a couple of months ago - well made and very entertaining.

Also, watched MI-5 starring Kit Harrington from Game of Thrones. Remember -- Winter is coming? lol..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3321300/?ref_=rvi_tt

Watched "Law Abiding Citizen" a 2009 movie staring Gerrard Butler and Jamie Fox.... pretty good movie.

"A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family's killers free. He targets not only the killer but also the district attorney and others involved in the deal."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1197624/

MV5BMTMyODY1NTg1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyODI4Mg@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Watched "Secondhand Lions" (2003) recently after a store clerk recommended it. Excellent performances by Robert Duvall, Michael Cain, Haley Joel Osment and an interesting plot made it well worth seeing.

Deathgasm! Horror-comedy from New Zealand. All I'm gonna say is that a wide selection of various sex toys is apparently a very effective weapon against demons.

Also, "He Never Died" starring Henry Rollins in his first ever leading roll. And he owns it. I won't post the trailer because it spoils too much, but it's awesome. Canadian horror(ish)/comedy....and the humor in it is wonderfully dry. My favorite kind of humor. Very quirky little movie.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Watched The Big Short today. I left that movie a bit unsettled. It reaffirms that it was, and still is, a corrupt world out there with little true oversight of the financial markets. No one is looking out for the investor, it's just about fee's and bonuses. It could happen again because the world of finance is too complex to truly understand the risks of some of these instruments. Kind of like technology and its outpacing people's understanding of it. People hope it keeps working ...until it doesn't. Except with financial markets, the costs are devastating and usually more so for the "little guy".

Guest n*gu**6

The Life of A King starring Cuba Gooding Jr. . Awesome biopic of Eugene Brown. An ex con who worked to save inner city youth by starting a chess club.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Episode 7 (??). Whatever. The new one. It was great- at least 32%better than I was expecting. I appreciated the bits of dry humour injected into a myth is that has been largely deadpan, the tough female lead, the defective storm trooper, and the moments of nostalgia. The littles loved it too. Highly recommended.

I saw Room this past weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well written and acted on a difficult subject.

It felt very true to life.

Highly recommend it.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

Watched "Run all Night" 2015 Liam Neeson and Ed Harris

MV5BMTU2ODI3ODEyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM3NTQzNDE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Mobster and hit man Jimmy Conlon has one night to figure out where his loyalties lie: with his estranged son, Mike, whose life is in danger, or his longtime best friend, mob boss Shawn Maguire, who wants Mike to pay for the death of his own son.

It was pretty good

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2199571/

Last night I watched A Walk in the Woods. The premise was good and the scenery outstanding. The interaction between Robert Redford and Nick Nolte was age appropriate. The plot advances at a walking pace which may be too slow for some viewers; however it suits the story.