God Made a Farmer

There needs to be more farmers.When we eat locally grown, farmed/raised food we are all better for it, including our enviroment. Unfortunately government has taken over and made it hard for many to survive farming independently.

• Like 2

There needs to be more farmers.When we eat locally grown, farmed/raised food we are all better for it, including our enviroment. Unfortunately government has taken over and made it hard for many to survive farming independently.

I don't know if it's the government but more farms being bought out by bigger corporations...it's all about big business now and the smaller farms are becoming few because of it, which is a shame. And the costs are too much now.

It's the same for most now, that you have a few big corporations controlling everything now, it needs to be reversed.

I don't know if it's the government but more farms being bought out by bigger corporations...it's all about big business now and the smaller farms are becoming few because of it, which is a shame. And the costs are too much now.

It's the same for most now, that you have a few big corporations controlling everything now, it needs to be reversed.

you are right most factory farms are run by large corporations, but these corps are given subsidies, grants, incentives by the govenment, pushing out the small farmers, or farmers as we used to know them.Without the govenments involvement factory farming wouldn't be as profitable, viable or even possible. Factory farming is bad for all involved, the animals, the enviroment and those that injest it's product.Animals that were meant to graze need to it's not natural for them to eat grains.

It's just a shame that food production has become all about the almighty dollar and making as much "product" as possible and as quickly as possible rather than heathier and more sustainable.

... I think my grandparents would have liked this one.

It wouldn't have been a colt for them, it would have been a calf (dairy farm + umpteen zillion other things. Monocropping does NOT work, so my grandmother told me, when you're a small-scale farmer) but... same situation.