I don't think one could ever stop bullying, it just one of those things that's been around forever and will always be around. I think it's up to the parents to teach their kids how to avoid it and how not to be one. But really not always the parent's fault and up to the kid or adult to be aware of it or others around to confront the person.

Bullying can take many forms and not always on the playground. Someone will always want to get the best of someone else for whatever reasons.

• Like 2

I recently was given the pink shirt as a gift- its just a cotton big tee but its super sexy for what it stands for..... and men wearing it.....well you know the saying 'real men wear pink' I have to admit.... I sorta lived in mine for a week. AND NOT ONE person made fun of me for it....so....I say its working. lol. ;)

• Like 3

I think the story of the original/first pink shirt day is really lovely and powerful. For anyone who hasn't heard it, a boy went to his first day of high school in a pink shirt and was bullied and harassed because of it, so two older boys decided to buy a bunch of pink shirts and get a lot of people to wear them to school the next day in order to show solidarity with the boy. (More info here:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2007/09/18/pink-tshirts-students.html).

I think it worked really well because it addressed a specific problem in a really positive way, and it made sense in the context of that situation. I love the idea of a bigger Pink Shirt Day, but the critic in me wonders how much impact these events actually have when they become a big thing. I definitely don't think they should stop, and I'm sure there are stories of how they've helped and made progress, which is great! But I do believe that we need to do that plus other things to get to a solution.

I also think that bullying is sort of a catch-all word for things like racism and homophobia when that happens in high school. In order to create lasting change, there need to be conversations about why people are bullied along with conversations about how to stop it from happening.

• Like 3

I have a pink dress shirt,(lighter shade of pink though) love wearing it, never,ever get a comment or remark, perhaps that is because I'm a rather tall guy I think it looks great any time throughout the year.

Another link about the bully campaign, we may not stop it in its entirety, but how about supporting the campaign??

http://www.pinkshirtday.ca/

I recently was given the pink shirt as a gift- its just a cotton big tee but its super sexy for what it stands for..... and men wearing it.....well you know the saying 'real men wear pink' I have to admit.... I sorta lived in mine for a week. AND NOT ONE person made fun of me for it....so....I say its working. lol. ;)
  • Like 1

I don't think one could ever stop bullying, it just one of those things that's been around forever and will always be around.

This is absolutely true.

But some unwinnable wars are worth fighting anyway, and this is most certainly one of them. Victory will never be declared, but at least we can say we fought.

• Like 6