Hair color and it's mystique

Lets face it every color has it's myths. Blondes" have more fun" and not very bright. Brunettes are the "girl next door" and more exotic. Redheads are "fiesty" and short tempered. But when you see a blonde most are brunettes, reds are sometimes blondes, brunetts are sometimes reds, ect, ect. So is it all in our heads, an esthetic preference or are their truth in some myths?

Are you attracted to someone intially because of hair color? Or is it about the total package.

Hair colour means little to me when compared to the whole package.

That being said, certain hair colour does make a difference when matched properly with the haircut and skin tone colour!!

• Like 2

Hair colour is hardly a factor in my selection process, however the other properties such as length, texture, and style could well be. And whether she can let them down. ;)

But to address your question, I'd venture to say that these are myths - who knows where they originated? They apply sometimes, but just like astrological signs, how could one stereotype by hair colour across the board? (Now you know my position on the former also. ;) ) For whatever reason, blondes seem for a majority to be the ideal and maybe some of them actually play toward that preconception. Due to true redheads representing less than 5% of the population, their rarity might 'explain' their fiery temperament.

Just some muddled morning thoughts...

• Like 2

I'm attracted to the woman's breasts size. Just kidding!

I love to have something in common with the lady I see and her hair color just adds to the fantasy. I have no real preference on her hair color or body size(short or tall), I love variety, that is plain and simple.

• Like 2

I'm half purple what does that make me?

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love hair. I love the feel, the smell, the way it tickles.

When I was young and naive, I was attracted to blondes. I dated them, was in long term relationships with them and married them.

Now... well now is different. Now I see the woman. I see that beauty comes in a variety of flavours, colours and sizes. I still want to run my fingers through hair, but it doesn't matter whether it's the colour of sun dried wheat, honey, chocolate or as black as night. If the bearer of that hair doesn't mind my hands, I am good to go!!!

• Like 2

Fucking fabulous, and unique in your very own way. ;) Hair color? I like staring into a lady's eyes, then the deep kiss, I soon forget what color hair she has.

For me it is the entire package,with the amazing personality of the lady. :)

• Like 1

I agree with pistol, it makes you unique and appreciate him for loving the whole package. It takes alot of confidence and courage to be different, walk your own path and to wear what isn't often thought to be the "norm". I don't want to offend anyone who is creative enough to add colors such as blue, green, purple, ect but I don't know of any myths pertaining to them. Thanks for bringing it up.:icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

I get to meet a half purple head :) Now I don't know the color of the other half but now I am wondering if the carpet matches the drapes ? Although there may not be any carpet at all .... and just a smooth finish ;) hehehe and that doesn't matter and now I am being just plain silly..........

I have no color preference at all but I love hair and all the looks that a lady can bring ! and feel dead sexy ! Even a ball cap with a half purple pony sticking out the back will get my full attention :)

• Like 1

For me its always the total package. But for sure the comment about playing hair colour and style to complexion and face shape can really work to accentuate a womans beauty.

For years I was an ass man but over the past few I'm all about eyes and lips as drivers of what draws me into a woman. However, not sure why but a very short pixie cut on a woman always catches my eye (in a good way). Maybe because it's because it's not a common cut.

Like Pete, once my lips are laid on a womans skin her hair colour is the last thing on my mind :)

• Like 1

I get to meet a half purple head :) Now I don't know the color of the other half but now I am wondering if the carpet matches the drapes ? Although there may not be any carpet at all .... and just a smooth finish ;) hehehe and that doesn't matter and now I am being just plain silly..........

I have no color preference at all but I love hair and all the looks that a lady can bring ! and feel dead sexy ! Even a ball cap with a half purple pony sticking out the back will get my full attention :)

I'm bare...so I can a floor finish?

continue to be a smart ass my dear and I will bring things on Friday, that errmmm...you may regret a bit?:D

I am cute....I swear!

I am attracted to women with dark hair...darker than mine no matter the hue. This is not a rule, as the whole package is more important. My sexiest partner's dyed hair colour is close to my natural ( I could simply devour her and keep her locked up just for me lol)

I was born a redhead who quickly turned to blond. I try every once and awhile to convert back, but after a few days, the blond comes thru. Guess I should embrace it!

• Like 1

I personally haven't had any hair on my head since 1990!!!! It's like the ruins of Rome up there, all you can see now is the remnants of a once great civilization! HAHAHAHA!!!!

As for what colour hair I prefer on a woman, it really doesn't matter to me. I just came off a nine month run of seeing only blondes. It's not that I went out of my way looking for blondes, they just happened to be the women who attracted me the most. Now the last last two women I've seen have black hair, again...they attracted me, so I saw them.

Like what's been previously said, once we're naked...hair colour isn't important! MUAH!!! ;)

• Like 1

Hair color is not a biggie for me but I have to say in my personal life I think I may have a preference for dark hair.

• Like 1

I know the preference being referred to has been towards women, but what about men? I personally go ga ga over guys with salt and pepper hair I think it's so sexy. But, at the end of the day it really goes beyond that it's always someone's personality that matters.

• Like 2

initial attraction is visual of course, how well the hair is taken care of is the next thing, and there are a lot of bad colour jobs out there

I agree, There ARE A lot of BAAAAAD dye jobs. Usually cheap boxed color ugg. NEVER go from a box, the chemicals are so harsh they'll just make your hair crunchy.

I only use the highest quality goldwell for the foils and Alumin product for my purple (or red or pink or whatever I feel at the time :)) and then of course I leave my natural dark blonde underneath.

But as well another MAJOR mistake that people do is redye all their hair instead of just the root. this will Definitely give you crunchy head after a while, especially if you go blonde.

I've been all colors traditional and non and no mater what color I have the same amount of the feisty girl next-door fun in every one :)