A member has been banned for impersonating a police officer on cerb

A member (studlyone) has been banned for impersonating a police officer on cerb (no idea why they are doing this - probably just to cause someone problems).

This person had multiple accounts. We also banned bgood and wiggely (Same internet connection).

We have removed these member accounts (it was a rogers home internet connection).

If you received a PM like this (Below) please REPORT it to us if it was from another username.

Real police would not conduct themselves in such a unprofessional manner so this is just someone trying to cause problems.

Message: We are requesting information on your association with XXXXX.

We would request your cooperation in this matter. If you do not do so we could be forced to subpoena you to appear when we have laid charges. At this time we are just working on the investigation but know that you and many others have been in contact with this person in the past few months. You are not the only one we are contacting in this matter. We will be in contact with you and look forward to your cooperation.

Yours truly

Did that person think we're that stupid to believe that is how the police conduct themselves?

Good for you staying on top of this. It's kind of creepy, really..

Could very well be someone that thinks they can help society by cleaning up their neighbourhood, by sending a threat in a note. You are correct MOD police do not conduct themselves in that type of manner, good catch.

Could also be someone that has tried his luck, or her luck in either -SP/MA or hobbying and simply has a hate on due to some back times.

Carry on folks.

Clearly this person has major issues. Very disturbing. Good catch MOD!

You are quite correct, and it may include mandatory jail time, why anyone would do this is

beyond me too. Good catch mod.

As already mentionned, it may also be some neighbourhood "vigilante" trying to "clean up" the neighbourhood (so they can step in, lol)

Some people have nothing better to do I guess.

Gee Whiz ! Thought a person can get arrested for that !

Like this guy ....

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_26341.aspx

The surprising thing is that if you look at the posting history of one of the ID's (wiggely) and if you read the other board at all he was being accused of being a shill for one of the SPs. (I don't want to imply that she has anything to do with this by the way.) Guys like that get found out after a while, thank goodness.

LOL, nice research CH, but just too funny, from shill to cop, nice move (yeah right !)

The surprising thing is that if you look at the posting history of one of the ID's (wiggely) and if you read the other board at all he was being accused of being a shill for one of the SPs. (I don't want to imply that she has anything to do with this by the way.) Guys like that get found out after a while, thank goodness.

Keep in mind it could be a internet cafe computer used by several members! The only one we have caught RED HANDED was studlyone so far. The other members are guilty by association and it could be that they used the same public computer. It is possible that a internet cafe in Ottawa is using Rogers internet.

All I know for sure is that studlyone, bgood and wiggely all logged in using the same computer but we can not take any chances so all accounts were removed.

This is a very likely as I would suspect that if someone was pretending to be a law inforcement officer would use a internet cafe so that they could not be traced back as it is illegal to impersonate a person of the law.

Guest S***e

This is downright strange indeed. Someone obviously has too much time on their hands.

Spike

Good catch Mod. This guy carefully worded his PM so that it looked like he was some kind of LE agent, but didn't actually claim he was police. There's no actual and explicit impersonation IMO. I don't think this constitutes enough evidence to bring changes against this individual, could there?

True, he is not saying he is a law enforcement officer but he is implying it (no doubt about that). He does not have to say it right out but try explaining that one to a judge! Even just implying that should be enough - they take that very seriously!

We are pretty sure we know who it is. Some guy is trying to get the ladies address's and than he finds the landlords of the buildings (if that info is available) and contacts the landlords and rats the ladies out. I suspect this guy is the same guy who was harassing Leanne, emma, prettypage and others. It could be another ass but chances are it's the same guy just escalating his attempts (he seams to love the attention).

Great catch Mod!! I have gotten a few PM's from 2 of these guys asking for just my imput on my experiences with one the Sp's on here.

Even if it is a marginal call on whether he was saying he was law enforcement, he wins easily on simple creepiness. Ugggh.

All I can think is that it is his strange way to try to assert power over other people.