Worst Job in the World

1st job and 1st day on the job (minimum wage):

Having to change the light bulb on top of the CN Tower.

I thought the hired guy to change the light bulb on the cn tower got paid an obscene amount of money....? Either way- you couldn't pay me enough. But Hey- it takes a certain kind of person to do ANY job. ;-)

• Like 1

He had to change the bulb during the Winter and got his tongue stuck to the ladder.

I remember one time at Ottawa's H.O.P.E. Beach Volleyball watching some guy go from Porta-Potty to Porta-Potty with a giant hose, suctioning all of them out. It was in the middle of summer and totally hot out too. Poor guy!

To me the worst job would be held by those who have to inform loved ones of their deceased family member. I couldn't bear to see anyone feel such pain.

• Like 1

Porta potty job would for sure be #1...me in construction...see those dudes a lot around job sites...talked to one of them...he told me some stories...lol...from having to dig big rocks out of them by hand...before they could be pumped....to actually having the hose burst above his head....while pumping...said it was the only time he physically got sick from his job and had to go home for the day...gross....

The porta potty remains me when I was on a job sight. We were excavating and found an old septic tank full. The Forman was a real dick always yelling and screaming well karma a bitch when it comes around. The experienced excavator operator told be to get way back he closed all his windows and as he broke the top of the septic tank lift a huge slap of cement dropped it into the full tank making a huge splash and covered the Forman in shit. Needless to say we didn't hear him much of him for the rest of the day.

Epic response from the operator was sorry shit happens.

The worst job imo: anything having to do with handling sewage. Factory/line production. Anything on a boat. Working at the Gap.

Weirdly, I'm okay with dead bodies.

I gotta say the worse Job in the world is that one where you are absolutely unhappy, a job that you hate, a job that when you get up in the morning all you think is a excuse not to come in.., that job where you cant see the end of the work day, and you feel like time is just still....

• Like 4

Doing a roofing job in the middle of the summer when the temperature on the roof can be over 50 degrees! Or being a vet for large animals and having to stick you arm up into a cow to deliver a calf because the calf is twisted!

• Like 1

I have loved all the jobs I've had and that's because I chose them but my two businesses that I own and run now are amazingly the BEST!!

I would never want to be an exterminator NEVER EVER!! All my love to Billy the Exterminator WOW!! That's a job I couldn't do....Hats off to those do!

...to continue with the narrative:

While his tongue (Lyall is his name btw) was stuck frozen to the ladder, a sewage helicopter happened to position itself directly overhead.

Lyall, a fresh and slightly built young man, recently graduated from Highschool. With encouragement from his guidance councilors, he enrolled in the Ontario apprenticeship program. This was his first, exciting introduction to the work world. He had originally opted to work with his uncle Ed, the undertaker, but making dead bodies look happy didn't appeal to his career ambitions. His aptitude tests indicated his strengths seemed to rest with the extermination trade. Yet, squishing bugs didn't fill his bucket. Lyall's dad was a veterinarian, and on occasion, Lyall was co-opted to help deliver critters. Wet and sloppy work with loads of squealing. Hmmm, nope - veterinarian work wasn't appealing.

Lyall chose instead to be a maintenance worker. An honourable and relatively clean career choice...so he thought.

The helicopter was struggling to navigate after picking up a huge, fresh, steaming load of shit from the top of a major corporate building. The pilot was worried he wouldn't be able to handle the unusually heavy load, but his flight engineer reassured him they could deliver the goods. They were headed straight for the Ontario Queens Park Shit Recycling Plant (OQPSRP). The OQPSRP is the major handler of shit for the province of Ontario. They really know how to handle shit.

Lyall gripped tightly to the ladder. His eyes followed the path of the helicopter as it approached overhead. The wind was heavy and cold. The mast to which his tongue was firmly stuck swayed ponderously.

A sense of impending doom crossed his mind....

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1