I was wondering how many guys buy the ladies gift? Do you buy them something even on your first visit or only your favourite? What do you buy them? Do you only buy gifts from their wish list or do you try to buy them something more personal or sentimental? Maybe it just something small.

Ladies what do you like to receive. Is your wish list the only things you want, or are they just practical ideas?

Before I came to cerb I had made a really nice sp and saw her quite frequently. I always left her a tip but sometime brought something a little extra. I bought flowers on an occasion and one time I remember she had a craving for something and when the call was finished I ran to the store an got it for her. The smile and astonishment of when I brought it to her was priceless. Close to Christmas I had got her a gift certificate for a new pair of dress boots since she had mentioned she needed a new wardrobe hence her schooling was almost over and needed it for her new job.

I've brought chocolate to another lady once but was hesitant cause wasn't sure if she had allergies so I had to ask prior kinda spoiled the surprise.

How about you ma or mp do you receive gifts on occasion?

• Like 1

Who doesnt like gifts? hehe

It is always nice to have a surprise from a gentleman... I tend to receive lots of chocolates which is nice.., is a thoughful and sweet hehe... but dangerous.. lol funny thing i dont ever buy chocolates for myself.. I am not a huge chocolate or sweet eater but.. I certanly eat them when I get them lol

Any surprise gift makes me smile.., and is apreciated.. that shows that you are a sweet and thoughtful gentleman... Is nice to feel appreciation and love :) xoxo Dont ever be afraid of bringing a gift to a lady... we love them :)

• Like 1

Gifting is a difficult one. All ladies like gifts, thats a given. Some ladies realize that we as gentlemen clients sometime like to provide gifts as a token of our appriciation so choose to provide guidance on their websites. (thank you). Some ladies make us work for it (I like that). When it comes to gifts, it's the thought that counts and my wife once informed me that in that vein , "it better look like you put some thought into it" (she cuts me no slack).

I try to be a little original in my thinking. I want the SP to remember me down the road when I want to visit her again or ask her for a reference. Therefore I give her a gift of "value" that she will enjoy based on her personality but I'll also give her something a little off the wall that I know nobody has ever given her before. Usually, it'll be something worthless that she can just laugh at and toss in the garbage when I leave but that will stick with her in her memory. I like gifts to show that I actually put in thought and effort. (This approach is not for everyone, but for me I like to feel like I'm on a date with an SP and that's what I would do on a date)

Here's how I view the process. An SP is running a business and the "donation" amount is for her business. The "tip" is like in any service industry is for good service and is for the lady not the business. A gift is a token of appriciation for the lady that says, "I view you as more than a business transaction, thank you".

My two cents.

Chuck

• Like 4

I never expect gifts and not really into alcohol except for a glass of wine with a client here or there. If someone were to ask me what I like, I like gift cards. I don't consider them impersonal because it's the thought that counts and I happen to be a very practical, non frivilous type person. Thanks for thinking of us! :)

• Like 1

I have really come to realize lately how much I enjoy gifting....I hate shopping to be honest but I have enjoyed shopping for ladies that I have met here and spent time with and even one that I hadn't met yet....that was cool and fun too ! Yay for online shopping :)

I plan on continuing to do this ladies so beware !!!! ;) San Francisco store is right beside Victoria's Secret store .....then the jewelry store and then the Dewalt power tool store.... so hope I don't get confused. the lounge is next to that so I musn't go there first.....note to self

And hey !!!! if you don't like it .... after I have left you can do this....I will never know.....

• Like 2

I

Ladies what do you like to receive. Is your wish list the only things you want, or are they just practical ideas?

I've brought chocolate to another lady once but was hesitant cause wasn't sure if she had allergies so I had to ask prior kinda spoiled the surprise.

It really depends on the client. If he doesn't drink, then I don't expect him to bring over a bottle of wine. I don't really expect anything in addition to the date/experience. I list gift cards on my site (Chapters, Starbucks, Victoria Secret) because I like books, coffee, and lingerie! Coffee serves a greater purpose for me in terms of my studying. I do like it when a client brings over a coffee (if he asks) for an AM/afternoon date but if he doesn't drink coffee I don't expect him to make that purchase. I don't necessarily have a "wish list." If a client does insist on bringing over a gift, I refer him to my blog post on gift ideas which include donations to a number of charities I support and it is up to him to make that choice if he prefers. When a client does offer to do little things like bring over a coffee or wine to share (or chocolate--I had chocolate covered strawberries once as a surprise), it is greatly appreciated. It is not, however, expected.

• Like 1

In my view gifting is fun. It is fun to think of the appropriate gift for a lady, it is fun shopping for it and fun planning how to present it to her. The most fun of course is if she is surprised and likes it! The gift has nothing to do with the donation. Rather, It is just something to do for fun. With that viewpoint I typically buy gifts for ladies I have gotten to know as opposed to a first or or early visit. That makes sense, you can't hope to buy the perfect gift without knowing the lady!

I learned that the hard-way. I once bought jewelry on a first date for a lady travelling to our city for the first time. I thought it was great idea because the Jewelry is made in our province so it was meant to be a thank-you for visiting us gift, and a token of our province. However, as soon as I meant her i realized that the color and style of what i bought did not really suit her. Oh well! Since that first date, I have gotten to know the lady very well and have given her a few successful gifts.

One thing I have done on a first date with a lady visiting for the first time is to include in the envelope a list of my favorite restaurants and my comments on them, and sites to see in our city. Ladies visiting for the first time appreciate that.

Gifts do not have to be expensive. One very successful gift was a calender with the theme of the lady's favorite TV show. Again, you have to know the lady to know her favorite show.

I do not buy gifts for every date, only when I have a good idea for a gift. Like anything, common sense prevails. For example on a 5:30PM date I will bring wine. But a 9:30Am date, i do not bring wine. If i think of it, I ask if she would like me to pick up a tea or coffee etc, but i always ask, never assume.

I am afraid I do not understand tipping and perhaps i am taking the word to literally. I have said this recently in another post. I never discuss money and the last thing i would ever dream of doing is fumble for extra cash at the end of a date because the service was at some acceptable standard. These ladies are professionals. The services is going to be good or I would not be there. We tip waiters and cabdrivers for service, and we do not tip lawyers, accountants, interior decorators, landscape designers, etc when they do work for us because we know it will meet a professional standard. I do sometimes put a bit extra in the envelope if the lady's suggested donation is less than what I consider market. That is a jester of appreciation as opposed as an amount contingent on some level of service.

My, I did tend to ramble on this one....

• Like 2

I like to give a gift (and tip ;-) ). It is for me a way to show my appreciation to a lady for the escape and companionship she provides.

I look at a lady's website to get an idea of what she would like as a gift.

Usually it is along the lines of a gift card for Victoria's Secret, or La Senza, or La Vie En Rose or Sephora (do I lose my man card knowing about all these stores LOL). Sometimes it's a gift card for Chapters or Lululemon. Once I read a lady's posts on CERB prior to an encounter, and she needed something replaced. Although I prefer giving a gift and tip, I gave her a tip equal in value to what I would normally give as gift and tip so she could put it towards what needed replacing.

Etiquette wise, a lady gets the gift along with the donation at the beginning of the encounter, the tip given at the end of the encounter

I won't say what the value is of the tips and gifts I give, I will say with repeat encounters the value of the gift increases

RG

• Like 2

At one point I'd put a lot of thought into gifts for a regular. Burned a few cd's, wine, haagen daz ice cream, movies and interesting (to me anyways) books.

Now not so much, I figure if I show up clean and tidy, engaged and with a good positive attitude that's gift enough :)

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I don't feel huge pressure to bring gifts, but sometimes do with ladies I consider special. I usually bring something to a date ... a bottle of champagne in the afternoon or evening, coffee/tea and pain au chocolate for a morning session. It depends on the circumstances. With one long-time regular we often had sessions over lunch. We had a favourite deli so I would stop and pick up gourmet sandwiches. We'd have lunch in bed.

So, occasionally a gift, although I too have sometimes opted for the gift card route. Gifts like jewellry are often very personal, and unless you know the lady well it might be hard to judge what her taste might be.

With special ladies, I often try to schedule a visit near Christmas so that I can be Santa Claus.

• Like 2