Movie/TV characters you can't stand

Regarding King Joffrey,

I'd agree I can't stand him, but in context I think he's perfect. He's a character I love to hate. He's meant to get under our skin and make us alternatively shake our fist at the tv when he gets away with crap and cheer whenever he gets comeuppance.

I wouldn't put that on the same level as characters who make a show unwatchable due to poor acting, writing, etc.

Another of my own entries to the list: I used to love watching House, but couldn't stand any scene with Amber Tamblyn's character:

amber-tamblyn-leaves-House.jpg

Now Olivia Wilde's character on the other hand...I think I'm running a fever!

• Like 2

Anybody been watching Spartacus: War of the Damned? Cuz this little bastard instantly sprung to mind.

Tiberius.jpg

• Like 1

We can't forget Skyler from Breaking Bad:

BB-Skyler-White-S4-590.jpg

and this confused and whiny guy from Homeland who makes terrible decisions left and right, and whose mouth grows smaller and smaller the tenser he gets:

homeland-catchup-damian-lewis.jpg

• Like 4

How did Anya get posted and not Joffrey!? :)

joffrey.jpg

Also this guy:

nathan-fillion-castle-tv-series-promos-mq-01.jpg

... because whenever I see a clip of this show, I just see Nathan Fillion's talents being wasted horribly before my eyes.

And also this guy as Maker of Inexplicable and Usually Bad Decisions:

the_walking_dead__rick_by_taylerx-d4x85xp.jpg

But most of all this guy as half-brain psychopath:

shane1.jpg

Rick/Shane, good cop/bad cop duo of the apocalypse. I like Rick and can't imagine being under that much pressure. Shane, on the other hand, reminded me of someone I know who might behave just as he did and I loved seeing him eliminated.

Sons of Anarchy, Seasons 1 and 2 -

Officer June Stahl.

250px-JuneStahl.jpg

Perhaps the most detestable human being ever. The actress made her even more detestable.

True Blood season.... ummmm.... whatever.

Alcides ex-wife, Debbie.

I am not one for violence against anyone. But this character just deserves a face punch. Repeatedly.

TrueBloodSeason3_Debbie_001.jpg

True Blood... every frickin' season.

Tara.

Beautiful actress. ANGRY frickin' character. Too angry. Always angry. Unreasonably always angry. Frickin' unreasonably always angry.

true-blood-tara.jpg

Don't know if this counts as tv characters you can't stand, but am I the only one who wishes the roller coaster would just derail (said tongue in cheek) so we wouldn't have to keep watching these damned obnoxious juicy fruit ads and the annoying characters on the roller coaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Js8FXOiKo

and I'm beginning to think this submarine captain should have learned from German U-Boat captains about not taking survivors, these three idiots are also obnoxious tv characters I can't stand...nothing that a deck gun from a submarine wouldn't fix (again, said tongue in cheek)

RG

Guest covenant

George Costanza. Actually pretty much all the characters in Seinfeld.

Liv Tyler as Arwen in Lord of the Rings. I don't hate Arwen, I hate Liv Tyler. I couldn't fucking stand her in those movies.

I admit I didn't read the previous posts in this thread, so I apologize if this one's been mentioned already, because he's kind of universally hated, but KING JOFFREY from Game of Thrones. Also, Littlefinger. Goddamn you're so smarmy!

• Like 2

I hate to hit Game of Thrones again BUT....

Brienne of Tarth.

Brienne-of-Tarth-game-of-thrones-31362150-639-960.png

The character was rather annoying in the books - one of those characters that you wish would die horribly even though they aren't that bad as a person. She is made all the more annoying by the actress playing her... really rather graceless and awkward for a woman purported to be a fearless warrior.

Marnie and her boyfriend from Girls. Also, Booth Jonathon. Basically, every single character on that show, except for Adam, who I love.

Additional Comments:

Oh, and because I'm rewatching a bunch of Buffy:

Dr. Maggie Walsh

Riley Finn

Warren Mears

Jonathon

Brienne of Tarth.

Oh my god I so completely DISagree. :) I love Brienne in the same way I love Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire. Both are people in some way "deformed" with respect to their social surroundings, but forced nonetheless to find some way to survive. And both characters do it by being unsurpassed in killing.

I like that Brienne is awkward and ungainly... UNTIL THERE'S A FIGHT. Then she's brutally effective, not like the graceful bobbing and weaving of Syrio, but with skillfully executed brawn that completely overcomes her male opponents on their own terms. She completely disembowels our culture's silly stereotypes of how women are expected and allowed to succeed, and how they are not.

Brienne is awesome because she embodies so well the doomed outcast misfit in all of us, struggling to live day to day. :) Same for Richard Harrow. They both break my heart every time.

(I know this thread isn't a debate, but I had to throw one post at defending on of my favourite characters.)

• Like 1

Oh my god I so completely DISagree. :) I love Brienne in the same way I love Richard Harrow in Boardwalk Empire. Both are people in some way "deformed" with respect to their social surroundings, but forced nonetheless to find some way to survive. And both characters do it by being unsurpassed in killing.

I like that Brienne is awkward and ungainly... UNTIL THERE'S A FIGHT. Then she's brutally effective, not like the graceful bobbing and weaving of Syrio, but with skillfully executed brawn that completely overcomes her male opponents on their own terms. She completely disembowels our culture's silly stereotypes of how women are expected and allowed to succeed, and how they are not.

Brienne is awesome because she embodies so well the doomed outcast misfit in all of us, struggling to live day to day. :) Same for Richard Harrow. They both break my heart every time.

(I know this thread isn't a debate, but I had to throw one post at defending on of my favourite characters.)

Not a problem at all... one of my kids loves her too. It's like my stubborn defence of Arya... I LOVE that kid.

• Like 1

Ruby Rhod. "The Fifth Element"'s answer to Jar Jar Binks

tumblr_m26o89gSXq1qerk30o1_400.jpg

Samantha Hobbes from Sex and the City... Just too much drama with her all the time sex_and_the_city_4.jpg

Instead..... Samantha Jones .. she knows how to enjoy life... hehehe

samantha-sex-in-the-city.jpg

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

I haven't figured out pictures yet but I've always wanted to punch Percy from the Green Mile in the face repeatedly.

I haven't figured out pictures yet but I've always wanted to punch Percy from the Green Mile in the face repeatedly.

here ya go....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdJQNBJyK9KYQzvIoT9eBraNBehbjTuXZ469u8mVuL5jbtk0sE7Q

This is a weird one... but Jason Isaacs plays the most detestable villains ever - he is like Joffrey in many respects.... a man just BUILT to be hated. Fantastic actor and has played good guys in many roles - but when he is bad, you want him DEAD.

p2kt9_18776902.jpgjason-isaacs.jpg

"The Man In Number 9" from Bates Motel. This dude totally creeps me the fuck out!

10-the-man-in-number-nine.jpg

• Like 1

Guest ChantalSummers

Lol although she's very pretty, Georgina Sparks from Gossip Girl. She still hasn't lost that annoying shrill voice from Buffy the Vampire Slayer lol.

Georgina-Sparks-spiked-louboutin-artemis-bag-gossip-girl-season-6.jpg