Roger's Samsung Galaxy Note Help

I have a smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy Note from Rogers

When I got my new computer I had to do a password reset on my live.com email, since I forgot my old password. It's reset and working on my computer now, but I can't access live.com on my smartphone. How do I put the new password in on my phone?

Thanks

RG

Hello Roamingguy:

I don't have a Samsung phone, but after looking at the manual of one of their Galaxy series phones, here is a suggestion you can try it someone else does not come forth with an answer. This is an educated guess of the most generic kind. It simply involves removing all the cookies from the browser in the phone.

Two provisos:

1. This works only asked you to use the phones built in Web browser to access the mail. Not a stand-alone custom application. And;

2. This will result in the phone forgetting all of the web site passwords. You will have to reenter them again.

A. From the phone's home screen, select the browser icon.

B. Once the browser is up and running, select "menu".

C. Select settings item and look for an option to clear the cookies. If there is a security section all features related to cookies will probably be located in there.

Here is the location of the Samsung Galaxy user manual in PDF format. Please note this address is not hosted by Samsung. For some reason I was unable to download from their official site today.

http://www.mybullfrog.com/wp-content/themes/Blank-1-right/manuals/sam_galaxy_tab_10_english.pdf

Take care,

PatrickGC

Hey RG,

Do you mean the email icon on the main window screen?

To change the password on that one:

- click on the mail icon

- selecting the three dots, and select Settings

- then choose the appropriate account - live.com

- then scroll down to Incoming Settings - within there you can change your password to the new one.

This should do the trick for you.

cheers.

That worked, well almost. No spot to put in the new password but I deleted the email account from the phone and just re-entered the account

Nothing lost since I had it on my computer too

Thanks everyone

RG