adding pics in Thread

Sometimes when I try to copy a picture into a thread, it won't allow the paste option (right click) and I am not sure what I am doing wrong.....I right clicked copy, then go to the thread and right click for paste, but it is not an option.

Any help?

After right clicking for copy image location, do you left click to complete the process?

It just happend to me yesterday, I think it coukd be the format of the pic... but not sure...

Additional comments... I have never been able to use the attachment tool, everytime is been copy/paste for me...

I've tried several times to add photos to posts without success. I've clicked the attachment icon and I've also tried using the 'manage attachment' button and nothing happens. I'm not the most tech savvy person so I figured it was just me.

It seems to relate to where the pic is coming from. I can copy a pic of someone I copied from the net, but for some reason, copying from my library is a hit or miss.

Additional Comments:

I ended up putting the pic on my social media site and then copying and pasting it here.....

Thanks for everyones help!

When you right-click, do you select "copy image" or "copy image location"?

I often find the former doesn't work but the second does.

Guest S****r

You open your album.

Open the picture you want to copy.

Scroll down below the picture and you will see two things:

1. Picture url

2. BB code

I don't know what BB code stands for, but THAT is what you copy and paste into the thread. That text will appear in your working space but in the thread itself your photo will appear. Click on Preview Post first to be sure.

Good luck!

So, as near as I can figure out, if I try to copy from my computer library, it won't work. If I copy from my profile pics, it works.

Go figure!

Thanks everyone for your help!

Guest S****r

That is exactly right. You are only allowed to use pictures from your album, nothing from your computer. That is by design.

Thanks Summer, now I don't feel stupid. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong, but it turns out I was doing it wrong, just not in the sense I was thinking.....

Again thanks!

Yes, the pic has to be online somewhere. If it's only on your own machine, you'll have up upload it somewhere first.

One other thing to say: when you do this, CERB doesn't actually keep a copy of the pic; it just keeps the link to the pic, and so whenever someone loads the CERB thread you've put the pic in, the pic is downloaded not from CERB but from the website it actually lives on. This in turn means that a portion of the bandwidth costs of loading a CERB thread with a pic in are borne by the website hosting the pic, not CERB. This is called hot-linking.

Different websites have very different approaches to this. Some consider hot-linking of images they host to be good advertizing (these are often sites that will put their own logo on the pic somewhere); but other sites consider the bandwidth costs to be an expense they don't need to pay, and will block hot-linking. So sometimes - especially in the pic-heavy threads - you'll see places where someone's clearly posted a pic, but it won't load, or will sometimes be replaced by a small image saying "No hot-linking" or something like that.

If you try and post a pic and it gets mysteriously replaced by a "no hot-linking" image, or just by nothing, this may be what's going on. The only fix is to find another copy of the image somewhere else on the Interwebs and try to hot-link that one instead.

• Like 1

Guest paq****5

Hello everyone

I recently got a I Mac and wanted to copy image address and post in quick reply like I use to do with a PC. The Mac just copies the address but no pictures. I only see the ulr address.

What do I need to do?

Thanks