How important are looks to you?

Looks aren't very important to me, attitude and engaging personality is. Having said that, sure it is nice to be in the companionship of an extraordinary beauty, but I define beauty very broadly and if there is personal chemistry, that's much more important! JMO :)

FR

• Like 1

I find that the better looking she is, the better we get along :)

• Like 3

Guest shyguy

I think looks are important, but not the main thing. If i am looking for a one night stand, then yes i would look for looks. But if i want to spend a long time with someone, then i much prefer personality. Being with someone who is really hot, but you dont get along or mesh, is not a good thing.

I find that the better looking she is, the better we get along :)

Yes...well said.

As people strive to be politically correct with this query, the post above saying beauty is subjective and beauty means everything sums it up well too.

Of course, given a choice, my pick will always be to be with a pretty lady, and fortunately there are lots of them here on CERB to choose from.

• Like 3

For anyone to say that looks do not matter are lying to themselves. If someone is not attractive, they won't work out well within my social circle and I will simply move along, I am sure they have a good disposition, however no point in putting someone in an awkward position.

Same thing applies to who I date, have as friends with benefits and see in terms of service providers. You can have an A+ personality, but especially for the last two your looks are more important than who you are as a person because let's be honest, even if you saw the same girl once a week, that is usually only two hours a week and works out to 104 hours a year, not worthy of getting hopped on about.

as with most people looks are very subjective i can look at the top 10 list of the most "beautiful" woman in the world and say why are half of them on the list. That being said a lot of the people i hang around with and a lot of the woman i have loved have always been a lot better looking then me and i can feel the difference when i am in a group with them around over people. I my self still like a woman to look pretty in the looks department but i look more at if they are healthy and that they have good hygiene. I have always looked for woman who have wonderful personalty's as i hate dishonest fakes who you cannot even have a good talk about a good book or what is going on in the world.

In summery looks make up about 25% of what i look at in a woman. and no if a lovely lady wants to dress up, i will know and make them aware of there efforts. ;)

Yes I am like the others. When I was younger looks ,mattered. Know older and mature good personality, and look after oneself count more.

Yes looks are important, just not the most important thing. To choose a lady to see on cerb, i'll either get hooked on her pictures then read her site/posts to see if she's interesting also or i'll get hooked on a post and i'll check to see if i'm also attracted physically.

For me, it's about 25% each for looks, personality, how she acts with me and history to fall in love with someone.

Looks: My big preference is for thin natural looking girls. No make-up and plain clothes. But there's a broad range i find attractive, it's a mix of all the physical attribute. She don't need to be perfectly pretty in my eyes, but there need to be some attraction at least.

Personality: If i like how she acts, thinks, what she likes and dislike, etc

How she acts with me: Obviously, i'm looking for someone who treats me well and care for me. A girl who find me interesting and flirt back will always be better then one who don't care, even if i don't find her as pretty.

History: All the times we've spend together, the good memories, etc. So if it was a friend first or if i'm already dating her, i'll be more intrested even if the other girls "rates" higher on the 3 other part.

So i wouldn't date a girl i don't find attractive at all and doubt i'd fall for her. If i'm already in love and look fades, that's a different story, since she'll still be 75% perfect. =D

Hope people don't mind me being honnest.

That depends a lot on the context, I think, and a lot on what is meant by "looks".

People find each other beautiful for so many reasons, and find so many people beatiful outside of the narrow margins of what's marketed as attractive or sexy and, more to the point, what/who it's okay to be attracted to, or feel sexy about.

As far as thingsA friend of mine once said of... a real character, let's put it that way; she said "It would be nice to take his body to bed".

Yeah.

It doesn't quite work that way for me. I can find someone stunningly physically attractive, sure, but I find that I *enjoy* flirting and playing with them so much more if there's a connection beyond the physical/visual to get me interested.

I think at any age - a person's looks are the first thing we notice, and let's face it, we all have "types". Looks are what gets us to engage with someone, to see if there is something there beyond carnal lust - a person's looks are augmented by their personality.

A great personality (humour, confidence, thoughtfulness) can go a long way to making that good looking person even better looking.

Conversely, someone who is mean spirited, arrogant, full of themselves, instantly becomes less attractive.

I think looks count initially - I don't think anyone here would engage with someone if there was no initial attraction.

If someone is not attractive, they won't work out well within my social circle and I will simply move along

Wow. Just... wow.

I'm speechless.

• Like 3

For anyone to say that looks do not matter are lying to themselves. If someone is not attractive, they won't work out well within my social circle and I will simply move along,

Is that profile pic really you?

When I read the thread title yesterday, I thought to myself....well very important. I gave myself a day to think about it though and realized a few things.

Looks are very important to me, but I've noticed that on occasion, someone's personality has just made every single imperfection they have look perfect. A girl I dated a few years back was pretty by any standard, but wasn't "model" pretty. But at the time, I loved her, and she was the most beautiful creature on the planet to me.

On occasion, I find myself physically attracted to someone who doesn't follow the typical definition of "good looks". Two women I knew were fairly plus sized. But they were so amazing, and had the prettiest smiles, I thought they were gorgeous. They could walk into a room full of models, and after 5 minutes, I'm sure all eyes would be on them.

On the flip side, there was a model I photographed a few times. Physically, I think she was the most perfect girl I've ever laid eyes on. She was nice, fun, and sweet, but we didn't click. We'd be able to work great together, but I couldn't ever imagine dating her because we were so different.

To me I have to be interested in a woman visually to want to be intimate with her but if it turns out that we aren't good together intimately or she has a personality that turns me off then I don't want to spend more time with her. So the visual aspect is the first layer of "screening" and then the actual experience becomes more important. I have seen five or six different women for massages so far, all of whom I felt were attractive, but I don't desire to repeat with all of them for certain reasons.

Yes I am like the others. When I was younger looks ,mattered. Know older and mature good personality, and look after oneself count more.

I totally agree! I have alot of friends who have said the same thing now that we're all older

I think looks are less important to me in a relationship simply because personality and such tends to override looks over time. If you really like someone, they become more attractive to you. As far as SPs go though, to me, looks are far more important. I'm paying for the whole experience so that means I want someone who is my 'type' in the physical department. That being said, looks in an SP are completely irrelevant to me if I don't LIKE them. So they go hand in hand. I need a strong physical attraction for a great experience but I also need chemistry that goes beyond appearances or it won't work out for me at all. I've been with a few gorgeous SPs that I had no connection with and really didn't enjoy the experience. I've been with a few very ordinary and average looking SPs and had fantastic experiences.

Fortunately for me, my standard of what I consider attractive isn't calibrated to 'supermodel' but rather 'girl next door' so really, being reasonably young, healthy looking and well groomed is more than enough to get my crank turning.