I thought it would be fun to know everyone's favorite dog from film or t.v..

I always loved Lassie and Rin Tin Tin from telly and the movie Old Yeller when I was a pup. Now that i'm growing long in the tooth, my favorite modern dog is Samantha, Will Smith's German Shepherd in 'I am Legend". By the way, what's become of Will Smith, I like him. Sorry the old man is starting to ramble.

• Like 2

As an avid dog worshipper, as I more than love them, its hard to pick just one, but since pits are my very favorite breed I will say

petey, from the little rascals, a 1930s series.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLF9W92ExielzHOmd57Cw1jeWJAXsq0pRuO3cKL0KuX0Lh-cwv

Then it would be that Dogue de bourdeturner%20and%20hooch%20pic.jpgaux from the Tom hanks movie Turner and Hooch

• Like 3

I've always Loved Beethoven

Beethoven_(St__Bernard_Dog)_Wallpaper_6xiu.jpg

that big ol drooly St Bernard :) Cracks me up every time

YTV had the original movie on yesterday and so I sat down and watched the whole thing even after my son went home lol

• Like 2

:icon_evil: I like big dogs, so Cujo would be my favorite. I especially liked the part where Cujo disembowells the local lawman, all while wagging his tail. Good doggie. :icon_evil:

• Like 2

I have a soft spot for Marley because that movie came out about a year after I got my yellow lab and she looks and (used to) act just like the dog in the movie! To this day kids at the park call her Marley!

I also love sled dogs so the whole team from 8 Below (especially the two big Malamutes) and the white huskie from Iron Will.

• Like 2

I love dogs, especially big dogs and mostly Rotties. However, my short dog (won't call her little), has given me an appreciation of those dogs that are not large breeds. So my vote goes to Toto on the Wizard of Oz.

toto.jpg

• Like 2

What an awesome movie!! :) Otis was the dog, and my dog Milo is actually named after the cat, lol.

Speaking of misnamed critters...we had a dog and cat named Casey and Finnegan (after the puppets in Mr. Dressup). Finnegan was a boy cat so he got the dogs name.

• Like 2

Another fave of mine is Balto! There was a cartoon movie made out of his story, but my memories of him were from a book that I read about him as a child.

tumblr_mmjvoh1DNa1s37j8no6_r1_400.jpg

In 1925, Balto, a Siberian Husky, and his team of sled dogs, helped to deliver 300,000 units of life saving serum to save an entire U.S city from a diphtheria outbreak. Because of a blizzard and treacherous weather conditions, all other forms of transportation were impossible at the time. He was hailed a hero after and became a celebrity!

There is a tribute statue of him in Central Park, NY, that I always wanted to visit as a child... Maybe some day still! :)

tumblr_mmjvoh1DNa1s37j8no5_r1_500.jpg

Yay for dogs! :)

• Like 1

"Blood"

the telepathic dog from the movie "A Boy And His Dog"

Blood was voiced by Tim McIntire

• Like 1

I loved Hooch from the old movie with Tom Hanks "Turner and Hooch".

How could ya not love this face??? :)

TurnerAndHoochDog.jpg

• Like 2