Gentlemen, what are your feelings about.....

Guest *Ste***cque**

Just have a couple of follow up points to make on this interesting topic.

Some have made comparisons with other businesses and that the employee still gets paid. Yes, but the business owner didn't, and that is what an independent SP is. Business owners incur expenses all the time, even AFTER providing a service such as showing shoes or working out quotes that can take hours and not end up compensated. It's just the nature of business and you try not to deal with obvious time wasters. Also, most doctors get paid $30.80 by MSI for a basic visit so charging a $75 no show fee is more of a threat. They can't collect and most don't try. They just want the patient to treat their time as valuable. A reasonable request.

Summer, I do sympathize that no-shows are a pain and not cool but the best you can do is not deal with them in the future. If someone doesn't respect a person's time, whether it's as a hobbyist or SP, don't do business with them in the future unless you feel their excuse is reasonable.

Guest C*****tte

I have the following cancellation policy. It is listed on my website.

If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, then a $100CA fee will be added to your next appointment (if you choose to rebook). If it happens a second time I will not be able to consider any future requests.

I implemented it after dealing with no shows when on tour (which has a great deal of out of pocket expenses - and Ottawa is notorious for these incidents - what is up with this city?) and one persistent client who made appointments three times and every time last minute canceled. I after that I knew my generous and trusting nature was not working for me and I had to do something about it.

I feel I took into consideration both parties in a fair manner. Funny, since I put this into place I have not had to apply it.

I have been thinking of implementing a deposit policy on longer appointments. Not a huge amount but something to demonstrate seriousness in booking and reflect the risk I am taking and help me with my budgeting if it gets canceled. Losing out on $1500, for example, can really mess it up! I have to scramble for a bunch of appointments to make up for the loss of 1 long one.

-

Of the many things I have learned while doing sex work this one keeps coming up - one bad apple ruins it for the bunch.

No offence...but if an SP chooses to charge a cancellation fee I would think most guys just wouldn't rebook...and at $1500 it's your lose....again.

Edited by aimtoplease1
forgot a word

Since deciding to start visiting SP's I have met many SP's deserving of my respect and I would NEVER want to see any SP suffer and hardship as a result of my actions. I expect that if I firm book a time with the lady , that she has reserved that time for me and as such has forgone any other clients who wanted that time.

When I travel I choose to visit SP's. I am big on trying to develop a rapport with the ladies I visit as I've discovered that my best encounters have been with ladies that I've built some sort of connection with. So often I communicate with the lady weeks ahead of my visit to make a connection but also to see if she is available for that time. Due to my approach some ladies do exchange a number of communications back and forth with me before the date and as such have already invested time in making my encounter as positive as possible beyond preparations on the day of.

I have on two occasions had to cancel an appointment that I'd made. Once was because I thought I was sick (I was, but it turned out nothing contagious just busted eardrum) and I cancelled 4 days ahead, the other time my trip was cancelled and I cancelled about 3 weeks ahead of the pending date. On both times the dates were with ladies that were in their home cities and the lady likely had ample time to fill the time that I had vacated. However, on both occasions I offered to pay the cancellation fee of the lady, expecting that it would amount to the cost of the date cancelled. In both cases the lady didn't take me up on my offer to compensate her. I would not like to be labeled a time waster by any lady so that's how I choose to operate.

For last minute cancellations (anything within 24 hours) "for whatever reason" I would insist that the lady allow me to pay her the full rate.

That's just my approach. I'm a little old school where you've got nothing if you don't have a good name so I don't believe in playing around with ladies.

No offence...but if an SP chooses to charge a cancellation fee I would think most guys just wouldn't rebook...and at $1500 it's your lose....again.

Just wondering, where does the 1500$ point mark come?

I do not believe that I've ever seen an SP charging so much for a cancellation fee.

I believe he means that due to the possibility that the gent will not ever be rebooking due to the Cancellation Fee, he may feel is impersonal and punitive, then the opportunity to have another future $1500 will be lost. I dont think he was suggesting that anyone would charge, or that anyone would ever pay a $1500 cancellation fee.

I do not believe that I've ever seen an SP charging so much for a cancellation fee.

Charlotte mentions $1500 dollars in her response.

• Like 1

Charlotte said she lost $1500 so if she chose not to see that client again or chased him away because of charging a cancellation fee... she would lose another $1500 is what I was getting at.

Sorry for the confusion.

A couple of entries back Charlotte mentioned $1500 in reference to possible lost income from a longer appointment. It would appear that this was misread as a potential cancellation fee.

With that we will rejoin the discussion which is already in progress.

Just to throw this in for discussion, Charlotte mentioned losing $1500, not charging $1500 cancellation fee. Her cancellation fee, $100.00 seems to me actually not very much, kind of generous on Charlotte's part considering what she is out money wise. When you schedule longer escapes with some ladies the donation for the encounter can run up in that price range. I've had some encounters where the donation was in that price range (oh and by the way, very memorable encounters, and the lady's compensation, well it was well worth that price range ;-) )

The lady I cancelled on, due to illness (honest) , received her full donation (plus what I know I would have given her in tip).

A lot of the ladies tour, meaning airplane tickets, hotels, meals, incidentals etc. And when I cancelled I knew the lady had paid for airline tickets, hotel meals etc. Why should she be out money because, even though my illness not my fault, it shouldn't be a financial burden on the lady. What is being charged for donation, a fair bit of that goes to cover the ladies' expenses. It isn't all profit. How many guys out there look at their paycheque and see it as all profit...I'm sure you, just like me, have bills too, and so do the ladies

A convoluted long winded rambling hope it made sense

RG

• Like 1

So much depends on one's business model, I think. With new clients, I've had no difficulty about deposits of up to 50% of my fee. If the gentleman needs to postpone our meeting and contacts me more than 48 hours ahead of time, I'm happy to refund his deposit immediately, in full. That's only happened twice in the last four years. In one case, the fellow asked me to hold the deposit for another booking. In the other instance, I refunded the deposit; he re-booked a couple of months later.

I don't ask returning guests for deposits. But if I were touring, I would because of the expenses of travel, hotels and so on, which I don't incur at home.

I have had to cancel meetings with new clients a couple of times. I was able to informed one client three days before our planned meeting. He chose to re-schedule for another time. Another time, my son was in an accident at school a couple of hours before the meeting. The client was very kind and understanding. He re-scheduled for a couple of days later; I added an additional hour to our meeting time, free of charge, to compensate for his inconvenience.

I think that deposits and cancellation fees are just good business practice. Comparing my time and companionship with someone who sells cars or computers isn't appropriate. No one can engage with me unless I invite them to do so: I don't operate a drop-in situation. There's no free tire-kicking, no twiddling buttons and knobs, and no test drives ahead of time. A better comparison might be a boutique hotel, a special B&B or certain fine dining establishments which require booking deposits and have clearly-stated cancellation policies.

Some of my out of town clients book meetings several months ahead of time, sometimes for an entire weekend or several evenings in succession. None of them have ever complained about deposits. It may be that others have chosen not to request a meeting with me because of my policy, but no one has ever told me me that the deposit motivated him to see someone else.

• Like 1

I think your proposal is reasonable and consistent with other professional services. He tied up your time possibly preventing you accepting another client.

Guest f***nds4f**

Talking about penalty for last minute cancelation, as previous reply said, it is hard to collect. If you ask for it, you just take the chance to lose the client forever. Charging deposit works for out of town appointment only. It will discourge for the local business. I will not see local sps who charge deposit.

I just got a last minute cancellation today. This the the 6th times so far. I total understand that shit might happen to anyone. It is real life and we should accept it. I am ok if the sps tried their best to let me know as soon as possible. I don't need any compensation.

I was not happy the last few appointments because they did not notify me at all. I arrived the incall location, rang the bell or called them without any response. Next day I saw them online business as usual on the web site. They did not explain why until I asked them. A SP did this to me twice in a row. My time is important too. I paid by hour. I took time off to see them. One time the SP was late for half an hour and gave me discount which I didn't ask for it. This is total unexpected.

I suggest if you have last minute cancelation, just give some tips on your next appointment. The amount is up to you.

Guest S****r

Someone new pre-booked for 7:15 this morning. I got up extra early, drove to the incall, (which I don't normally do on Sat mornings) showered and shaved etc, dressed in lingerie, and ...... no show. I messaged him and told him I was waiting. No response. As of this evening, almost 12 hours later, he never has had the courtesy to say anything. I think the best I can do is put out the word on him to the other girls so no one else wastes their time on him like that, and not respond to any future communication from him.

Is that fair?

I agree with Cometman, I think that is totally fair to warn others.

In terms of trying to salvage a missed appointment, I wonder if having a Twitter account would be useful, especially if some of your regulars followed you. Obviously it should be a dedicated work account rather than your personal one.

You could quickly tweet something like "Hi boys, I've found myself free and looking gorgeous - give me a call if you're in the mood".

Getting back to some of the other comments, personally I would have no problem with deposits for SP's who have to go out of their way to get ready & make arrangements.

Felix

I think if you are a respectful guy you would pay ay least half he fee, ideally though you would avoid the last minute cancellation, if at all possible

Someone new pre-booked for 7:15 this morning. I got up extra early, drove to the incall, (which I don't normally do on Sat mornings) showered and shaved etc, dressed in lingerie, and ...... no show. I messaged him and told him I was waiting. No response. As of this evening, almost 12 hours later, he never has had the courtesy to say anything. I think the best I can do is put out the word on him to the other girls so no one else wastes their time on him like that, and not respond to any future communication from him.

Is that fair?

I'm not sure if it's totally fair.

Yes, it was a horrible thing for him to do to you and not very respectful. The least he could have done was email/text you at some point during the day to explain himself.

But for warning him to others, i'm not sure if that is fair. If he did it more than once to you then, yes, tell others that he is a time waster. And for yourself, that you don't see him again...once is too many.

I just think for the benefit of the doubt and not knowing why he didn't show up that maybe telling others is harsh...just my opinion. I know i was cancelled on once and not given a reason, no answer, now i wouldn't see her again but i would not necessarily tell others she did this...benefit of the doubt...my time was wasted as well.

I'm not condoning it though, as it is wrong on his part. Sorry this happened to you.

Edited by conquistador
  • Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

I didn't want to change my 69 but I couldn't keep it forever.

This happened to me recently on one of my busiest days of the week. Instead of having someone show up at their appointment time they called and said they wouldnt make it.

Now i appreciate things come up and this was not a new person but after a quick im sorry he asked for a different day. No concern whatsoever that I was out the time and $ for that appointment. No offer or suggestion on how to make it right.

I declined the different day.

Anyone else who had done this i wouldn't get another chance to book again but i was surprised at the nonchalant attitude.

I think it really comes down to the attitude of the hobbyist.

Some have the ability to really make you feel like your time is valuable and they make things right with you and you are able to move on and continue seeing them.

Others really come across as it doesn't matter to them, and those are the ones I would not book again.

As I've said before not all men are created equal and I personally feel special having had the opportunity to meet such men through Cerb.

I think this will always be an issue and as an SP I can't do much about it.

I do have the hope that when it does happen, the man's character proves to be worth the effort.

Is that fair?

In fairness, unless you know the facts, I wouldn't put the word out on him. It could very well be that he, for example, got in an accident and is hospitalized, unable to get a hold of you. Not saying that is the case, but unless you know for fact he deliberately stood you up without the courtesy of a call, don't do anything.

But the ball is in his court to get a hold of you when he can, and even if he has a good reason for not showing up, he does IMHO owe you some form compensation for being a no show, even if he has a legitimate reason for not showing up

RG

Maybe because I was off topic was the reason I was the only poster to not receive thanks :D joking I don't care.

But seriously, cancellations work both ways, I have receive a cancellation while in a cab for my appointment so things like that do happen. I did not ask for compensation, I chalked it up to "shit happens".

This happened to me as well with a well reviewed sp here on cerb, and I took the same attitude ie "shit happens."

Happened to me yesterday. Fml......all the arrangements were made and I was about to head out on the bike and then a bud rolled in and wanted to store hay in my barn. Got rid of him, went to pull the bike out of the shop and dumped it........ripped every fricking muscle in my right forearm for the second time in a month. Lord love a duck. Pulled up to the fuel tank and a friend of my daughter's

from Ontario showed up. Seriously? O....M...F.........G!!!!!!!!!!!! I showed up 15 minutes late for the app't and it got a bit awkward. I told her.........I'll pay you full rate, you kick me out when you have to, and life goes on. I did, she did, and life goes on. My fault, not hers.

Guest c**io**m7

I have cancelled appointments but never at the last minute, that I can recall. In fact, I have declined meetings at work in order to prevent last minute cancels. I have, however, been stood up on more than one ocassion. Let's assume a cancellation fee is in order and arbitrarily call it 50%...what should happen in the event that the hobbyists drives to the incall location and waits...and waits...and nothing. The SP does not show or, 15 minutes past the time sends a text to apologize...have to cancel, something came up.

Should there be a two way compensation system in place?

(ie) Hobbyists cancels within an hour of scheduled time, 50% fee. If SP cancels within an hour, 50% off make up session?

Thoughts?

Guest S****r

Sounds like a good idea to me. I have never cancelled on anyone myself. And one time, I had a client book me for an hour, paid up front, then came in like 15 mins (as in orgasm) and then left. I texted him after and told him to come see me again for a free session cause it didn't feel right to get a full hour compensation for just 15 mins. He did take me up on it and we have become good friends and he is now a faithful regular.

I think I am always fair and generous, and perhaps that is why it irks me when others are not.

As much as I sympathise with the problem (i've been stood up much more that the reverse) I don't see how a cancellation fee would be implemented. The risk of cancellation (with or without notice) is just one of the risks of the business. Considering some of the others risks this one seems pretty minor.

How would the fee be collected? It's not like you can send a bill or charge a credit card. The only way would be the next time he calls to book. That means he is a repeat customer, maybe a regular. Are these the people an SP would want to punish? Would the cancellation fee make up for the risk of losing a regular client?

What it ultimately comes down to is whether an SP wants to take the risk of being stood up again by a client who has done it before. That is simply a business decision.

With most services the clients always get the benefit of the doubt. For example a few years ago a date felt ill while waiting for our food in a restaurant and we had to leave. The bill only had our drinks on it but I left a tip based on the price of the meal we ordered. But if there had been a food cancellation fee on the bill I would have refused to pay and not left any tip.

When I make an appointent I usually offer/request to confirm shortly before the scheduled time. That saved me once from making a wasted trip accross the river when my date was too tired to keep our appointment.