Go East

Yes business was booming. A booming economy, lots of excess cash, SP's see an increase in business, a non story!

Enter a dick smack CBC journalist trying to make a name for himself attempting to once again paint the industry black. Wait, hear that, the stomping of feet, flickers of torches, the shouts of the ignorant zealots coming to run all the monsters out of town. "What? How dare you say that the up standing pillars of our business community visit prostitutes. Not in our town!" Christ, because of a few very stupid people trying to fill up new agency positions by plastering posters all over the local university in a stupidly arrogant in your face way CBC decides that the black plague has decended on our province and has to rally to ignorant around for a good old fashion witch hunt.

So in another stroke of genious one of the central pieces of footage shows a local SP walking down the hall of and sitting in a room of "the" best hotels in the city (due to its perfect ability to remain discrete) (I can guarantee you anyone can know where the footage was shot.)

Now tonight, SP's local and travelling alike are scrambling to take down their ad's and websites to try to avoid the backlash of ignorance.

As someone who know's some amazing ladies in this profession I am Pissed right off. FUCK!

The user comments of course are ridiculous and mostly beyond ignorant.

Earlier today, I wrote and submitted a very thoughtful, honest and well formulated response to a comment from one guy who was whining about SPs not paying taxes on their "$28,000 per 3 weeks" because "prostitution is illegal" yadda yadda etc. My post was not approved, but other schmuck comments were. Very interesting.

Why wouldn't prostitution exist in Newfoundland? It's the world's oldest profession. There's a growing economy now and that's a good thing. They make it sound as if this province is just coming out of the dark ages.

This industry is swept under the rug and hidden behind closed doors until someone wants to expose it for the almighty dollar or some sort of upcoming election. You soon won't hear anything about it again.

Prostitution will always be present, anytime, anywhere and isn't going to go away anytime soon! Even in NL. I wouldn't mind taking a trip there. It's a beautiful province.

In interview is a disgrace to this business and the lady they interviewed makes us all sound like gold diggers. Plus the amount of money her friend claims to have made in 3 weeks is definitely not even in the right ball park, she would have had to work a heck of a lot more that 3/4 days a week at $300/hr to even come close to that amount. All the article did is illusion other women with how much money can be made there. Yes St. john's is good business wise but its not the gold mine Sugar claims it is.

Now with the video being shot in the Delta (Smart move from a local lady) thank you very much for jeopardizing everyone else's possible working environment. So much for being discreet, if once conducts an interview like this, how on earth are they discreet with business?

After I declined to do the interview, they used me in the news last night and Keissy too, yet no other ladies local or what not were used.(I declined when the network refused to sign a confidentiality agreement) There is footage of my bag getting into a taxi(I have unique patterned luggage) which creeps me out to know someone was watching me in an airport. And they showed tweets from last October (which means I was the subject for a while) I am really sickened by all of this.

They took away from the actual story and what they aired was awful.

I understand that maybe this particular article had made certain girls like bad for the business look bad. But I do believe the news network should have the opportunity to do exposes on our business because our society should know how our business works who we are as people and how are business is nothing like Society perceives it. I have a lot of respect for the girl that did the interview we should all stand up more because all of us sitting behind closed doors is making us look like our job is something to hide and it is something to be ashamed of when it is not I am proud of who I am I am proud of where I have come in life and how I got here!!

I think it is funny how they stress over and over "these are young women" yes sure there are some young women, but there are plenty that are mature. Mature emotionally, mentally and socially! I feel there are more women in their 30's then 18!

In interview is a disgrace to this business and the lady they interviewed makes us all sound like gold diggers. Plus the amount of money her friend claims to have made in 3 weeks is definitely not even in the right ball park, she would have had to work a heck of a lot more that 3/4 days a week at $300/hr to even come close to that amount. All the article did is illusion other women with how much money can be made there. Yes St. john's is good business wise but its not the gold mine Sugar claims it is.

Now with the video being shot in the Delta (Smart move from a local lady) thank you very much for jeopardizing everyone else's possible working environment. So much for being discreet, if once conducts an interview like this, how on earth are they discreet with business?

After I declined to do the interview, they used me in the news last night and Keissy too, yet no other ladies local or what not were used.(I declined when the network refused to sign a confidentiality agreement) There is footage of my bag getting into a taxi(I have unique patterned luggage) which creeps me out to know someone was watching me in an airport. And they showed tweets from last October (which means I was the subject for a while) I am really sickened by all of this.

They took away from the actual story and what they aired was awful.

They also showed the Hillview Terrace Suites.That is just crazy and wrong and very dangerous to the ladies.

From a man who frequently visited the SP that was interviewed in the article, I must say I am disgusted. This business is supposed to be about discretion and I will no longer feel very discrete if I choose to see her again. For CBC to use two of the most well reviewed travelling ladies in all of Canada without their consent is also appalling. Do we as citizens no longer have the right to privacy? I have been waiting for these two captivating women to return to NL so I could see them, but this article makes me feel like any plans they had to revisit will be pushed back. I mean filming a women without her knowledge at the airport and then using it in a national news media is criminal! This is a sad day for Newfoundlanders and Canadians alike. Emily and Keissy I am sorry this has happened and I hope you will still consider visiting us again, as there are many good men here that would still love to meet you.

Also, the interviewed SP gave very easy clues to let us determine her identity. Her friend came down for 3 weeks from Vancouver, and she is planning a tour to 2 cities herself.....Hmmm I wonder who that might have been. This gives unneeded attention to a business that centers around secrecy. I no think I will be able to see this woman as I am not feeling the desertion I was assured. Bad move on her part!!

• Like 1

There is so much more that could have been done with this story. How about highlighting the way that intelligent, entrepreneurial women are running their own successful businesses. I mean seriously, isn't that what society exhorts us all to do - get off our bums and make a success of ourselves?

Sadly, in a fashion more in keeping with the Sun chain of news-rags, they went for the "OMG! The ------s are coming! Hide the women and children!"

If you somehow missed the sensationalist bent to this, go back and watch the last couple of minutes of the "news" story. Their next segment will be about two (2) women who were assaulted thereby showing the business is deadly! Two women out of the hundreds they alluded to in the first story. Yup

Note: I do not diminish the danger the women face in this business. It is real and I would do anything I could to lessen it. I'm just torqued at the way they handled the whole thing.

Guest a**4*

I saw the interview the media as always make things bigger than what it is a girl making that kind of money in three weeks and no girl talks about her income that is just media bullshit.The media has no ethics they don't care about the clients or the safety of the girls it pissed me off when the media will blow things up to make a story to stir the pot.I hope that this will not stop these beautiful ladies from going to my island Newfoundland it is an honour that these ladies visit my provience Newfoundland and this storm will weather it's self out.Thank you, you are always welcome to Newfoundland....

http://----------------------------------?183184-Newfoundland-new-sex-trade-hot-spot

I guess that nfl will have more ladies like that coming their ways..

Sorry Victoria, but not sure what you mean by this, as we can not read the post link? Care to share? Just askin'...?

sorry meant to say to alb49 that you are so right about the weather...in my rep comment, computer screan jumped on me...

Sorry Victoria' date=' but not sure what you mean by this, as we can not read the post link? Care to share? Just askin'...?[/quote']

Sorry didn't realize it would be blocked

On perb..a tread in lounge was started

http://perb.ca/ vbulletin/showthread.php?183184-Newfoundland-new-sex-trade-hot-spot