Question about Mailor Damon??

Ok I have been trying to figure this out for sometime now. When I get an inquiry, and immediatly it comes back as "mailor damon" What is this? What does it mean??

I automaticly have my spidy senses go on overdrive, as I do not know what this is??

I would really like to know why, and what can I do to figure this out?

I have tried to send it via copy paste of email, but no reults still!

On that note, if you have emailed me, and I have not responded to you, this may be the reason why.

A google search brought me this answer

Hope it helps

RG

Definition of:mailer-daemon

mailer-daemon

Software in a mail server that delivers messages to recipients. When you get a [email protected] message in your inbox, the server at that company is informing you that it is returning your message because of some failure. The "to" e-mail address may no longer be valid, or there may be a problem routing the message to the appropriate mail server. Your domain name may be on a blacklist, and the server is refusing all incoming messages from it.

Chances are also good that you never sent the message in the first place. Your e-mail address could have easily been copied by a worm from someone else's address book and used as a "from" address without your knowledge.

Is this when you're sending only to a single recipient, or to numerous?

What platform are you using to send mail? Webmail (ie; from a browser), email client, either desktop or mobile device, such as phone/tablet, and so on.

Could potentially be an issue with outgoing mail settings, or even a limitation on how many email can be sent per minute/hour/week.

This seems to happen about 1/10 emails that are sent. Could this be blocked as meaning from me?

Aside from telling you the mail wasn't delivered, the "mailer-daemon" can also inform you it was in fact delivered if you request it to do so. Which such a high ratio of responses (1 in 10 emails you send), I would suspect that your email software may be set to request a delivery notification by default. Of course 9 out of 10 mail systems will ignore this request which leaves the 1 in 10 that is responding because you asked it to?

With outlook you can set a "Tell me when this message was delivered" as well as requesting a read receipt "Tell me when it was read".

Of course seeing the text of one of these responses (with any email address info removed to protect confidentiality) would tell me immediately why it is sending you such a response.

• Like 1