Safety question for massage location

what would be safer for a massage - hotel, spa or indie ?

Visiting Montreal soon. Any difference from Ottawa in this respect ?

what would be safer for a massage - hotel, spa or indie ?

Visiting Montreal soon. Any difference from Ottawa in this respect ?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "safety", but assuming it's whether you're going to get robbed or not, then I'd say they're all pretty safe, with the spa being the safest.

You won't have any guy pop out of a closet when you're at a spa, that's for sure!

Actually, I heard it happened to some guy (fortunately not me) at the old Natural Point spa, many years ago. Some other guy hid under one of the massage tables after his session was over (and he was supposed to have already walked out the front door), and he popped up from underneath during the next guy's session. This was what Erica/Jennifer told me had happened to her many years earlier when she worked there.

So if you think weird things are more likely to happen at an indy's place, it doesn't seem to be the case. Chances are extremely unlikely in any place, but there's one more example of it happening at a spa than at an indy. ;)

I've only been on CERB for a couple of weeks and have yet to meet any of the MAs or SPs ... yet :D. But I am almost positive that if you look through this board for recos of well known MAs, whether indy or spa based, you will be completely safe.

That's the beauty of a community such as this. If you choose to see someone whom many of the CERB guys have seen, the lady's reputation is already established and you'll have nothing to worry about.

• Like 4

....This was what Erica/Jennifer told me had happened to her many years earlier when she worked there.

I had Erica/Jen have a little fun while entertaining me - she pretended her next client had already arrived! And another time that her boyfriend was there... I quite enjoyed her sense of humour and the shenanigans she would get up to while chatting, (Man, I really miss her - but that is not the current thread topic)

I suspect this story was simply playing on our collective nervousness for fun and entertainment. Though, as with all good stories, it is quite believable! lol

Me, and maybe just me, but seeing a MA is just as intimate, albeit different, as seeing an SP. That said I would prefer to see a independent MA in her own studio or in a hotel room. Now I have only had one erotic massage, but it was in a hotel (the lady did a tour) although she does have a studio.

I personally would be uncomfortable in a spa setting, to me it wouldn't be as private and intimate. As for concerns about someone hiding, check the recommendation page. There are reputable MA's and reading the recommendations should help to alleviate concerns

A morning rambling

RG

You won't have any guy pop out of a closet when you're at a spa, that's for sure!

Actually, I heard it happened to some guy (fortunately not me) at the old Natural Point spa, many years ago. Some other guy hid under one of the massage tables after his session was over (and he was supposed to have already walked out the front door), and he popped up from underneath during the next guy's session. This was what Erica/Jennifer told me had happened to her many years earlier when she worked there.

So if you think weird things are more likely to happen at an indy's place, it doesn't seem to be the case. Chances are extremely unlikely in any place, but there's one more example of it happening at a spa than at an indy. ;)

That was quite an experience, I guess this guy was some sort of a prankster.

What I was referring to was a boyfriend or pimp with the intention of stealing your money. I'm pretty sure the BF/Pimp thing at an indy place happens more often than the prankster thing at a spa. I spend my winters in Florida and some hobbyists post closet stories like that now and then on the local boards. (But you got to admit, the guy that pulled that off at the spa must have laughed it off for a while, even if he gave the poor guy on the table ED for a while!)

Edited by Source
Typos and accuracy.
  • Like 1

I had Erica/Jen have a little fun while entertaining me - she pretended her next client had already arrived! And another time that her boyfriend was there... I quite enjoyed her sense of humour and the shenanigans she would get up to while chatting, (Man, I really miss her - but that is not the current thread topic)

Yeah, Erica used to play that prank on me too. Sometimes she'd substitute that prank for my wife calling prank. :icon_lol:

That was quite an experience, I guess this guy was some sort of a prankster.

What I was referring to was a boyfriend or pimp with the intention of stealing your money. I'm pretty sure the BF/Pimp thing at an indy place happens more often than the prankster thing at a spa. I spend my winters in Florida and some hobbyists post closet stories like that now and then on the local boards. (But you got to admit, the guy that pulled that off at the spa must have laughed it off for a while, even if he gave the poor guy on the table ED for a while!)

Well to alleviate your concerns read the recommendation section here on CERB. There are highly recommended ladies here who are professional and independent and those ladies shouldn't be lumped in with ladies who have pimps/bf's. It is unfair to paint those professional independent MA/MP's with the same brush. As for this prankster thing at a spa, well for me that is very unprofessional. I have a sense of humour, but that is to me very inappropriate and the lady would lose a client, immediately

RG

• Like 1

Guest ***llpl**e

I have to agree with that comment. She would have to know you pretty well to pull that kind of joke.

I think I would put this in with the "urban myths"... sounds good but perhaps is just folklore.

• Like 1

I think I would put this in with the "urban myths"... sounds good but perhaps is just folklore.

It wasn't second hand, the provider herself told me that this happened to her. It seems like a way too far-fetched story to be made-up. Said it scared the crap out of her when it happened, and that she stopped seeing the first guy after he did that.

......So if you think weird things are more likely to happen at an indy's place, it doesn't seem to be the case. Chances are extremely unlikely in any place, but there's one more example of it happening at a spa than at an indy. ;)

Fair enough - not just Urban legend - and you provide a sensible perspective too. Agreed it is 'extremely unlikely in any place'

Cheers,

waterat

I think its like a lot of things in life... there is some good and some bad on every sides.

Yes if you are going in a private location there is some risks but in a parlor too... the best is doing researches and go with your feelings, your intuition ;) And you can find a nice sweet girl like me! Im from Montreal and i receive sometimes in a nice private location completly safe. I also work in Ottawa but as Massage attendant in an upscale massage parlor. I love doing both ,Indy for my schedules and choice of people i receive and Attendant as the receptionnist book for me and take care of everything ;)

Also with an Independant you are not in a rush..nobody will knock at the door cause you are 10min late lol...i hate that!

So look for recommendations and personnal websites...when a girl worked a lot for her reputation she wont screw that ;)