Does changing one's appearance, ever cause a problem for you?

As a hobbyist, have you ever been surprised by what you see at the door compared to what you see here on the album?

As a provider...have you ever said..." YES that is me!"

I do not want this turn into a rant thread, but I feel the need to express my sincerity of all of my advertisements. I recently was emailed about pictures that I have posted for a lady that was hired by me as an agent, I was sent a responds that basically left me confused and a bit upset. I was accused of posting a fake pick, like a switch and bait.

This note is intended to re-affirm my devotion to honest representation of anyone that I may represent! I would never pull a switch and bait, as I am sure I have clearly demonstrated the level of professionalism that uphold with my business. Why would I risk my name sake for a silly stunt like that?

As this example....The lady in question simply changed her hair color, and a few other enhancments....therefore, yes she does appear to look different then say one year ago.

or,

a lady who doesn't want to expose to much of themselves for privacy reasons? At times my photography needs to eliminate some features that them recognizable for whatever reason.

I think that it is important to know that we ladies do change our appearance from time to time. Some are drastict...others are subtle. This is why we keep our albums updated and as currant as possible.

I also believe that for the most part, if you cross reference your info with cerb and tin eye, you can basically weed out the fakes. As cerb members/MODis very attentive for this kind of foolery!

For myself, when I changed from long hair to short, I made a new album to demonstrate that, so when a client met me he would not think that it was a different lady in the pic...

STORY: I have an ad,it shows my longer hair in one pic. I have the same background, same outfit, but longer hair....right underneath that, I have a pic with short hair...same room, same outfit....yet I get asked to meet the one with long hair? When I say that is the same lady, they say..."really?"

so I took that pic down, lol..

I do hope that most people would understand the differences between switch and baits compared to a change of appearances?

Thanks for any input from providers and hobbyist alike!

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 1

I have indeed been surprised by who I've met at the door vs. photos, but luckily that's because so far the lady has always been even more attractive in the flesh than can come across in a photo (plus they smell better!...hmm, if only it were possible to post scratch 'n sniff photos...)

But to your main question:

"I do hope that most people would understand the differences between switch and baits compared to a change of appearances?"

I would think that should generally be a safe assumption to make. Myself, I tend to go back and forth on a regular basis between a well-trimmed beard or completely cleanshaven look. I'm sure glad no one would expect me to update my Facebook profile every time I do so!

And yes, there's a big difference between posting a ten-year old photo or a picture of someone else off as yourself vs. simply enjoying a new hair due. Also, most people gain and lose a few pounds throughout the year and surely it's unrealistic to expect pre and post Thankgiving turkey dinner albums! A tattoo or piercing is also something that should be assumed could have either been added after a picture was posted, or removed from the photo for confidentiality reasons.

Basically, my view is if a particular hair colour, style or anything else cosmetic displayed in a picture is a sticking point for a client, then the onus is them to ask the provider ahead of time if that is still their current look.

Is it nice if an SP posts regular updates of pictures? Of course, who doesn't like admiring more photos and seeing a new look! Is it on the level of bait-n-switch or "fake" if they don't? No way.

Edited by Brad
  • Like 4

2 pictures of me - same pose, similar outfits. Different response - someone even asked to see the heavier lady once. Only difference is about 35 lbs and 2 years. Ya can't win for loosing!

picture.php?albumid=2999&pictureid=18576

picture.php?albumid=6769&pictureid=43463

• Like 1

I once saw someone who looked noticeably older in person than her pictures. Not to say she wasn't beautiful, she was, but for perhaps a split of a second, I felt let down. Followed by complete excitement of things to happen with a gorgeous lady.

Everyone I've seen has been nothing short of stunning in the looks department, so I can't say I have anything to complain about. But I think for simplicity's sake, it would be nice to know if there has been a hair colour change or some other alteration from the pictures (Major stuff only). Only to avoid any confusion.

Pictures can be deceiving to the mind, irregardless it is real. You got to ask yourself before making judgment.

How long ago was the picture taken?

People do change over time new haircut or colour. They can be tanned or was at the time. New tattoo or piercing, even beauty marks appear sometime.

Is it a candid picture or photo shoot. Candid are usually more accurate since you see them usually in their natural element. Photo shoot tend to hide any imperfection. Makeup, clothing and lighting are things used to enhance the person beauty.

Did you see her face in the picture.? Your imagination probably in vision part that are hidden to the eye in the picture.

But hey when in doubt check out cowboy Kenny diary. Not sure if they have anyone like him out there.

Miss Sophie don't take it personal some people are still going to complain.

Guys if you arrive in a situation were you think it may be a bait and switch unless you can prove it respectfully apologize give a small token for her time and leave. Don't make accusation without proof, even so what that going to give you anyways chance are if they are dishonest they want care what you say.

• Like 2

Empty you said it perfectly.

People change there appearances. In my case I have done some drastic changes in the past year.Not only to my physical appearance, but my outlook on life, people and thought process have been hopefully tweaked in a positive direction lol. New looks is a girls thing. Playing with hair dos, colors, make up, and attire is fun. I have been told that my photos do me no justice,so when someone is questioning a photo or look, they get the same response.

Ask before you jump to conclusions. Most ladies are honest and not looking to deceive anyone.

• Like 1