An antidote to Texas...

Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks

A man has been warned after he dialled 999 to complain about a prostitute's looks after meeting her.

West Midlands Police said they were contacted by the caller who said he "wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act".

The force said the call was received at about 19:30 BST on Tuesday complaining that the woman was not as attractive as she had claimed.

Officers have now sent the man a letter warning him about wasting police time.

West Midlands Police said the man had claimed he met the woman in a hotel car park.

"The caller claimed that the woman had made out she was better looking than she actually was and he wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act," a spokesperson for the force said.

"When he raised this issue with the woman concerned, she allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police."

During the call, the man can be heard to say: "I've arranged a meeting with her, but beforehand I've asked her for an honest description, otherwise when I get there I'm not going to use her services.

"Basically she has misdescribed herself, misrepresented herself totally.

"She was angry because she obviously thinks I owe her a living or something."

Sgt Jerome Moran, based at Solihull police station, called the man back to offer some advice.

He said: "It was unbelievable - he genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong and that the woman should have been investigated by police for misrepresentation.

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

Despite the man refusing to give his details, police were able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 gives consumers legal rights, stipulating goods which are sold must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and must match the seller's description.

• Like 2

As a person who moved to Canada over fourteen years ago from the US, this does not surprise me. Since I've moved here I've seen the IQ levels of our "friends" to the south drop by 10 points or more every year, soon it will reach that of an infant at best. Hence the reason I'm still here, the level of ignorance is far too high back "home" for me, in fact, it's no longer home.

Guest Lu***ou***en

This just boggles my mind... in a bad way lol. No common sense or reasoning skills whatsoever.

As a person who moved to Canada over fourteen years ago from the US, this does not surprise me. Since I've moved here I've seen the IQ levels of our "friends" to the south drop by 10 points or more every year, soon it will reach that of an infant at best. Hence the reason I'm still here, the level of ignorance is far too high back "home" for me, in fact, it's no longer home.

In a very meager defense of the US, it should be pointed out this incident took place in the UK. Were it the US the aggrieved client would have shot her and THEN called the police.

Despite the man refusing to give his details, police were able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.

If they couldn't identify him , how could they send a letter ?