Need some advice - Strip Club Etiquette

Hi All,

I found myself pissing off a few dancers in recent history so I thought I would ask the question to you all. Sometimes when I am at my favourite strip club dancers come by and start chatting (aka trying to get me to pay for a lap dance). Most of the time I am more then willing but some times I just want to sit, drink and watch the dancers on stage. What is the most polite way to tell a dancer this? Apparently the truth is not something they take kindly too or belive. I would love to hear from anyone on this including dancers. I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Guest pagypie

in my experience the best i can do is be friendly and be honest...and dont take things personally.

if they chat, i participate but if they ask for a private dance and im not interested, ill be polite and friendly and honest...no thank you im going to be watching the stage for a bit im not planning on doing any dances today but thank you...they say bye and i often will say have a goodnight and good luck.

if they ask to sit down ill often say of course they can but ill likely only be watching the stage show tonight but youre welcome to join me if you still want...often they wont.

they may have had a long shift, no one likes to be rejected, maybe they had a bad day, maybe it was a slow day, maybe shes just in a bad mood. but if she gets upset then you cant take it personally...you can only do so much.

anyone that would get upset at you for being nice and polite wouldnt make for an exciting dance partner either. ive said no to dancers only to have them ask a different time and just by the way they handled my previous no i decided to try.

One dancer who has an account here gave me the perfect "I'm not interested" line.

It is, "I'm really just looking at the moment, and I don't want to waste your time, so if I change my mind, I'll find you later".

• Like 1

I think every guy has pissed off a lady at the strip club unintentionally.

Just be kind and courteous. They might seem annoyed it all depends on how their shift is going. Don't take it personally. :)

• Like 1

I know a couple of ladies who dance on stage, and also do lap dance. There are two sides to the process.

The ladies dancing need your tips. That is how they make a living.

The lap dance girls pay to work in the club, then they have to hit a lap dance quota or be fined at the end of the night. Many go home owing money for their drink tabs and fines, because the guys don`t buy lap dances. so think about that next time you go for a free tittie show!

Gentlemen, if you are going to a strip club, the expectation is you are not just there to watch women get naked and have a few drinks. They get naked and do expect you to buy dances or tip the dancers well. Either one or the other or both.

I believe if you are not willing to do that, then just drop in to the local pub and give these hard working ladies a break.

• Like 1

I think every guy has pissed off a lady at the strip club unintentionally.

Just be kind and courteous. They might seem annoyed it all depends on how their shift is going. Don't take it personally. :)

its simple just be nice and polite. Let her know your not talking dances right now just want to relax for now maybe later. Dancers hate wasting time with clients and talk for long time then get nothing. There there to sell a little time and not to spend hours to chit chat. Just imagine your spending time trying make money and at the end of it you get nothing 0$ you would be upset. Same goes with them.

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the information. I definitely enjoy a lap dance now and then but not interested in them at some times. It's good to hear about this from the other side. Thanks again.

I usually, in that situation, say something polite, but to the point of "I'm not really looking to get dances right now, and I don't wish to waste your time".

I remember one dancer looking at me, saying "well, you're being incredibly presumptuous" and sat down anyway. We proceeded to have an amazing conversation by the end of which I took her to the VIP lounge and spent most of the rest of the evening with her. She had a very good sales technique.

Porthos

I would say most dancers would be totally fine and actually happy with you being upfront, as long as you are polite and not wishy washy about it. Simply say you're not there for dances today, and thank her for dropping by to say hi. There are, of course, some dancers who will be unhappy regardless of what you say unless it's "ok let's go for a dance," so you won't be able to please everyone.

However, despite what Butterfly Kisses pointed out that we pay to work and lap dances (not drinks or stage shows) are how we make our money, when it comes down to it, the strip club is your entertainment venue. We want to make money, yes, but you are there to have fun and be entertained in whatever way you want (within the rules heh), so you should never feel bad about wanting to have control over how your visit goes. It's okay not to get dances, though a stage tip or two is much appreciated if you plan on just drinking and watching the stage show. ;)

• Like 1

I would say most dancers would be totally fine and actually happy with you being upfront, as long as you are polite and not wishy washy about it. Simply say you're not there for dances today, and thank her for dropping by to say hi. There are, of course, some dancers who will be unhappy regardless of what you say unless it's "ok let's go for a dance," so you won't be able to please everyone.

However, despite what Butterfly Kisses pointed out that we pay to work and lap dances (not drinks or stage shows) are how we make our money, when it comes down to it, the strip club is your entertainment venue. We want to make money, yes, but you are there to have fun and be entertained in whatever way you want (within the rules heh), so you should never feel bad about wanting to have control over how your visit goes. It's okay not to get dances, though a stage tip or two is much appreciated if you plan on just drinking and watching the stage show. ;)

Hi Bridgette

You points are well taken. Being very close to this scene I was merely trying to promote the fact the club is set up for the gents to see the ladies dance and entertain further with lap dances.

I see too often, guys coming in chatting it up with some hot ladies who they might not ever have the chance to hang with and then never contribute to their time or even offer to buy them a beverage.

I am just saying, take a few extra $$$ and don't get tagged as a cheap skate, lol.

I hope all the ladies do well in the dance clubs

• Like 1

Honesty goes a long way. "Nice to meet you, I would love to chat but I should warn you I am waiting for someone and dont want to waste your time." is the line I use the most. I have a few regulars in one club and they all know I have one favorite, and they respect that if she is there I usually dedicate my time and whatever money I am planning to spend on her.

The problem is sometimes new girls at the club think its a lie... answers can range from a curt "oh." and them walking away in a huff or asking: "Who is it?" or "What does she have that I dont?" To be honest, if that is their attitude they are in the wrong industry; they need to learn to be more polite to customers and/or grow a thicker skin.

On the other hand, the ones that stick around to chat with no sales pressure? They may be worth trying out.

The problem is sometimes new girls at the club think its a lie... answers can range from a curt "oh." and them walking away in a huff or asking: "Who is it?" or "What does she have that I dont?" To be honest, if that is their attitude they are in the wrong industry; they need to learn to be more polite to customers and/or grow a thicker skin.

Perhaps it's all in the delivery, but I actually often ask who if someone tells me they are waiting for someone. Not because I think it's a lie, but because if she doesn't know you're there or that you're there for her specifically, I can go get her or at least let her know that you're waiting for her. I've had girls do that for me, so it's something I try and do for others as well.

• Like 2

Interesting perspectives.

I'll throw in my 2 cents on two different issues:

CR dances: My view is that anyone who visits a strip club should be prepared to take at least a few dances. As pointed out, the ladies pay to be there and aren't compensated for the stage. If you enjoy the stage, it's only fair to compensate at least one of the ladies with dances. It's just the right thing to do. The who and when is purely up to you.

Declining an invitation: while I find a polite 'I'm waiting for someone - thank you' is best, you will sometimes, though rarely, get a followup asking who. Often it is sincere and well intended, other times confrontational. Overall, be polite and respectful and dancers will typically be graceful.

Guest Ni**t*****t

I always try to be very straightforward and polite. I will tell the girl I am waiting for someone if this is the case or that I am just in for a few drinks and that she is more than welcome to join me for a drink if she wants. In many cases the girl will join me for a drink or a shooter, we chat a little and then she is on her way.

Some girls I have known for a while and, although I normally take other girls for dances (my favorites), they always come to see me and have a drink or two. We have good conversation and do not expect anything more.

I guess the bottom line is to be respectful, honest and open.

Tell them this time you just come to relax, take a drink and let them know you do not intend to buy a lapdance. If you talk for a long time with a dancer and you tell her after, she might get upset and think you did it in purpose.