I live on a island, so growing up it was always the ocean, sandy beach no pebbles under feet, no leeches. My first time at a lake I hated it. so tell me why you love lakes

The only reason I like lakes is the fact you wont have jelly fish to look out for!

But like you, I am a beach lover! When I first went to " Freddy Beach" I laughed, cause in my mind a beach IS the ocean. This beach is just a tiny patch of sand, and a lake, hahahaa...

I have a preference for the ocean, lived by it for most of my life and always had a boat to get way. What I miss most is the smell of the salt water which just can't be matched by fresh.

I grew up in southern Ontario, so we just mostly swam in lakes,, except lake Ontario which was very polluted where I lived. Now for most if the last 30 years I have lived by the ocean or had my cottage on the ocean...

I much prefer the ocean, like Boomer, the air is so fresh, no skeeters most of the time, and the salt water is so therapeutic! I love to just lay on the water and float, and now I'm working on being able to walk on the water...:)

Guest a**4*

I lived on a island love the sound of waves hitting the shore line the smell of the ocean went everywhere by boat now I go to a lake as long as I am on water I am at peace one day I will get back to the ocean

I enjoy both as long as is hot and sunny, so ican just wear my bikini or nothing lol...

The ocean does have a relaxing efect with the sound of the waves.., very relaxing...

Lakes are nice being fresh water..if you happen to swallow by accident it doesnt taste as bad LOL...

• Like 1

I love both. Growing up we lived an hour away from the ocean and my dad would take us to the beach a few times during the summer, he preferred the ocean. The rest of the summer we would go to one of the local lakes with my mom.

As an adult I love going to the ocean on vacation. I love the smell (by the way the Atlantic smells stronger than the Pacific) and the cool breeze off the water, the long sandy beeches and the tides. I love the beaches in PEI and New Brunswick.

I also love the lakes for the fresh water as PassionVitto mentioned. Also the water can be much warmer than the ocean here in Canada. The size of the lakes are so varied that you can have a nice small lake of calm warm water or a large lake with long beaches and waves washing ashore like Wasaga Beach or Sand Banks.

My last choice is a pool and this from a guy who used to have an in ground pool in the back yard. They are great and the maintenance is not as bad as some people say. They are private for intimate times and it is not crowded if it is your own and not a public pool. Plus you have access any time you want. But I hate the chlorine and they are just too small to really have fun.

So my choice? Lakes because they are closer.

Guest *l**e

I love fresh water fishing and boating. But I also love snorkelling and the clear blue waters of the Caribbean.

I love them both, but if I had to choose, I would choose the sea.

Definitely lakes - Jaws really spooked me as a kid, so can't really deal with oceans. The salt water too - when you swallow it, wow barf.

I also choose lakes over rivers. Don't like leaches and eels.

NB has some of the best lakes out there so I love it here for that reason.