Big Beautiful Woman aka BBW - Fetish or a Natural Lifestyle Attraction?

"Big Beautiful Woman" (commonly abbreviated as BBW) is a euphemism for an obese woman and is frequently used in the context of fat fetishism

The terms "Big Beautiful Women" and "BBW" were coined by Carole Shaw in 1979, when she launched BBW Magazine, a fashion and lifestyle magazine for "plus-size" women. (courtesy wilkipedia)

As a SP with the specializing in BBW ,I was wondering whether Individuals who admire a BBW view the attraction as a Fetish or a natural lifestyle attraction.

[/url]

• Like 5

Great post, nice research too!

I have represented many BBW in my agency, and I find they do very well. There are many men who prefer some "meat on the bones" lol....curvy, voluptuous, PHAT...Pretty, Hot and Thick are some other great descriptions!

At the end of the day, there is someone for everyone, and sexiness is found in how you treat people, and the pride you take in your body:)

Sometimes, I find it frustrating when I give a proper description, then the guy reports back to me with " I didn't know she was a heavy girl" . Not sure why, as I have used these terms to describe them??

Anyways, BBW can be sexy creatures with a lot of appeal!

I suppose for some it could be a fetish, or just that they have never had an experience with a BBW, and some others just prefer that body style.

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia

I agree with you - A Plus Size Girl has alot to offer

Great post' date=' nice research too!

I have represented many BBW in my agency, and I find they do very well. There are many men who prefer some "meat on the bones" lol....curvy, voluptuous, PHAT...Pretty, Hot and Thick are some other great descriptions!

At the end of the day, there is someone for everyone, and sexiness is found in how you treat people, and the pride you take in your body:)

Sometimes, I find it frustrating when I give a proper description, then the guy reports back to me with " I didn't know she was a heavy girl" . Not sure why, as I have used these terms to describe them??

Anyways, BBW can be sexy creatures with a lot of appeal!

I suppose for some it could be a fetish, or just that they have never had an experience with a BBW, and some others just prefer that body style.[/quote']

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat
"

As a SP with the specializing in BBW ,I was wondering whether Individuals who admire a BBW view the attraction as a Fetish or a natural lifestyle attraction.

I'm not sure I've ever taken the time to think about it. To me beautiful women are simply that, beautiful women. I have lived most of my life without the term BBW so I guess it doesn't cross my mind. It is a unique combination of features that will make a person appear attractive to another and I have never been particularly drawn to one body type. If I had to say that the women I have dated have had something in common it was simply that I found them extremely attractive. I am aware that often some of my friends did not agree, to each their own......

I was at the grocery store today and it was filled with lovely ladies. Women on their lunch hour in business attire, ladies fresh from a yoga class in their lulu's, even some of the staff in horrible uniforms. Being the dirty (almost) old man that I am I (hopefully not too obviously) checked them all out, but the woman who I couldn't take my eyes off would be, by today's standards, classed as a BBW. Was that the reason I found her so attractive? No. She had possibly the most beautiful ice blue eyes I have ever seen (until the next pair of most beautiful eyes I have ever seen comes along). She was well put together, (great hair, great clothes, beautiful face, fantastic proportional body) and walked through that store like she owned the whole town.

I've also recently been reflecting (based mostly on my own weight gain) about how ones body changes as you age. I realize it doesn't have to, gym, diet, yada yada. But let's face it, not all of us go down that road. I have noticed that all of the women who I thought were beautiful in high school or college are still beautiful. They have of course changed, some are thicker than they were before, some have grey hairs starting to creep in, or a well earned stress line has popped up here or there. But to me they are no less beautiful, and often that school boy crush comes rushing back. It is a pretty great feeling to walk out of the mall smiling because you got a friendly hello from the head cheerleader, even if she hasn't worn the skirt for 25 years.

So, I guess to answer the original question, natural attraction. Wow, talk about making a short story long........

Edited by realnicehat

Well written piece there :-)

I think any woman can be sexy regardless of her weight/height/hair color/skin color /etc. Everybody has different tastes in what they find physically attractive. As a younger man I felt almost ashamed that I was attracted to women with big sexy curves because all my friends and society in general said it was wrong. So at that time I would have maybe considered it a "fetish" or taboo because I thought it was abnormal. But as I've matured I've come to realize that I like what I like and that's OK! I've also realized that although I prefer a bigger girl, I can be attracted to women of all shapes and sizes because true sexual attraction comes from good chemistry! If you have good sexual chemistry, physical appearance goes out the window! So to your point I say that no, BBW loving is not a fetish but merely a preference that is completely normal. I find even the word fetish a little confusing as it often comes with a negative connotation when I believe that all sex between consenting adults is normal if you enjoy it. Just do what feels good!
  • Like 1

Like Nippongakki, I find the word fetish can be a bit confusing, as it seems to mean different things to different people. And one person's fetish can be another person's norm. Is an attraction to the "spinner" body type a fetish?

Some define fetish as sexual attraction to inanimate objects. Others as an attraction to specific situations, or attraction to a non-genital body part.

I suppose a popular definition would be any sexual attraction that is outside the general norm...but then, how do you define "general norm"?!

Getting back to the question, we humans love to classify and categorize things, including body types. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can complicate things. Personally, I would just say that different people are simply attracted to different body types--in exactly the same way that a person may have a preference for a given hair colour, height range, or particular accent. And just like these other traits such preferences are rarely 100%. That is, an inclination towards one doesn't preclude attraction to others.

• Like 1

I'd call it a simple preference rather than a fetish.

When does a preference become a fetish, anyway? Yeah, I know, that's a blatant hijack...

• Like 2

I'd call it a simple preference rather than a fetish.

When does a preference become a fetish, anyway? Yeah, I know, that's a blatant hijack...

I was thinking the same thing. We all have a 'natural' preference for certain physical characteristics, even if those preferences aren't always politically correct (I can think of many examples).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a fetish is when, whatever the characteristic is, it needs to be present for you to enjoy yourself (sexually and emotionally). For example, if you have a fetish for balloons, you can't get off without them. Or if you have a fetish for green eyes, you can't have sex with someone with blue eyes, etc.

Perhaps some of the kinkier folk on the board can help.

But yes. Hijack. Oups.

In response to the OP, I don't think it's a fetish at all. Beauty is beauty. Period. I've met gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, women of all size. <3

• Like 5

Beauty is beauty. Period. I've met gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous, women of all size. <3

Me too :) Wonderful comment Nat !!

I personally don't like all these acronyms. When I book an encounter with a lady it is because there is something about her that is beautiful and attractive and makes me want to meet her. To label attraction to "gulp" (I hate using the acronym) a BBW as a fetish is insulting and dehumanizing to a woman. What is more accurate is that a man is attracted to a woman...PERIOD!!! Personally I have been and am attracted to women of all shapes, sizes and ages, because there has/is something about each and every one of them that is attractive and beautiful

A rambling from a BUM (big ugly man LOL)

RG

• Like 4

Like Nippongakki, I find the word fetish can be a bit confusing, as it seems to mean different things to different people. And one person's fetish can be another person's norm. Is an attraction to the "spinner" body type a fetish?

Some define fetish as sexual attraction to inanimate objects. Others as an attraction to specific situations, or attraction to a non-genital body part.

I suppose a popular definition would be any sexual attraction that is outside the general norm...but then, how do you define "general norm"?!

Getting back to the question, we humans love to classify and categorize things, including body types. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can complicate things. Personally, I would just say that different people are simply attracted to different body types--in exactly the same way that a person may have a preference for a given hair colour, height range, or particular accent. And just like these other traits such preferences are rarely 100%. That is, an inclination towards one doesn't preclude attraction to others.

I completely agree,as humans we complicate and categorize everything.

I myself am not quite BBW but I'm no spinner either

Additional Comments:

I personally don't like all these acronyms. When I book an encounter with a lady it is because there is something about her that is beautiful and attractive and makes me want to meet her. To label attraction to "gulp" (I hate using the acronym) a BBW as a fetish is insulting and dehumanizing to a woman. What is more accurate is that a man is attracted to a woman...PERIOD!!! Personally I have been and am attracted to women of all shapes, sizes and ages, because there has/is something about each and every one of them that is attractive and beautiful

A rambling from a BUM (big ugly man LOL)

RG

Well said!

• Like 1

Pete.....loves women with curves and BBW too :) All women are beautiful,does not matter about size,race etc....you just simply have to appreciate all women.

• Like 2

Pete.....loves women with curves and BBW too :) All women are beautiful,does not matter about size,race etc....you just simply have to appreciate all women.

+1...I love women so much sometimes it hurts :D

• Like 2