Computer "Refresh" Tech Help

I am having some issues with a computer about 6 months old.

Almost everytime I log into my hotmail account and want respond, open or delete a message I have to refresh my browser.

this is also happening on other sites, just not as much as hotmail.

It has progressivly gotten worse over the months and is getting quite annoying consideriong I get about 75-100 emails a day.:confused:

Does anyone have any help or info tips for me??

I appreciate you taking the time to read and answer this for me!

Hugs

Bobbi IN Vic

IMG_0687-2-1.jpg

It is possible your browser requires an update. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox ? Firefox is typically considered to be more stable.

You also might have a virus. A virus scan would give you a better picture of things.

Lastly 70-100 emails a day is quite a bit. If you are having problems with spam consider using gmail. Otherwise consider gmail as well, it has better classification features and backed by a full search engine.

Hope this helps.

Firefox recently sent out updates and I have had similar issues with hotmail as well since the latest update. I don't use hotmail nearly as much as you but seems to work fine one day, have to refresh constantly the next. But never to the extreme you are experiencing.

Whichever browser you are using you can try another browser and see if that helps or at least reduces the refreshes.

Do you have a wireless router? I had an issue with mine that it kept dropping the connection and causing issues of your nature. A firmware update cured that.

If you want to check that, go the manufacturer of your router and check for downloads for your device. DL the latest firmware and follow the directions to install to router. Instructions may be part of a zip file or seperate DL.

If all that is greek to you, call a geek local to you. :mrgreen:

It might help to clear out your cache. Depending on what browser you have, you can set this to occur everytime you close your browser. It's also a good thing to do if you are concerned about privacy at all. Might help, might not but worth a try ;)

Guest nik_ottawa
It might help to clear out your cache. Depending on what browser you have, you can set this to occur everytime you close your browser. It's also a good thing to do if you are concerned about privacy at all. Might help, might not but worth a try ;)

Use this program to clean your temp files

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Thank you so much "surrey man", combofix fixed it.....!

Liks for u! (I already did tonite, but an extra dosage next ravishing!);)

Also, thank you to eveyone who helped me out with info!

xxoo

Just a heads up to everyone. combofix is a great product but make sure you really know what your doing if your going to download and run it. It's not for the newbie!!

This program requires supervision from someone who knows computers well.

I suspect "surrey man" walked you through it all?

Just a heads up to everyone. combofix is a great product but make sure you really know what your doing if your going to download and run it. It's not for the newbie!!

This program requires supervision from someone who knows computers well.

I suspect "surrey man" walked you through it all?

He did via email and phone! It seems to have taken care of the problem!

Good to hear, he would have had you do a registry back-up and made sure your windows OS was able to restore to a previous state as well (so if things start going wonky you can restore your registry and OS to the previous state).... as long as you don't skip those steps you always have something to fall back on.