Really? A bunch of dots for a shout out? And then another bunch right after? And 3 shout lines by the same member within 10 posts, and nothing was said? SPs get suspended for less. I think the idea of 'taking back the shout box' is dead, so let the ladies do their shouts and lets stop being so childish!! After all, the ladies are the reason we're here....

Really? A bunch of dots for a shout out? And then another bunch right after? And 3 shout lines by the same member within 10 posts, and nothing was said? SPs get suspended for less. I think the idea of 'taking back the shout box' is dead, so let the ladies do their shouts and lets stop being so childish!! After all, the ladies are the reason we're here....

I personally contacted MF to remind him of the shout box rules (1 visible post only) and advised him to edit (since you can't delete) the last 2 visible posts he had made so he wouldn't receive an infraction or lose the privilege of the shout box for 30 days. The reason for the DOTS in the shout box.

And Cerbies, thank you for all the replies :)

To edit his shout out, I don't think it was done deliberate.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Thanks Gabby for the heads up as I plain forgot about that rule. So I did edit out the post to be safe as Gabby suggested and sorry to those who were offended or being nitpickers.

Me, I choose to post silly shit there from time to time. Like tonight I posted about my very bad hair colouring job. I do take a skim through some of the posts looking for some silly posts from members or perhaps some witty ads that might make me smile. I'm all for the relaxed funny banter mixed with some ads here and there. I think that if more members chose to make posts then it wouldn't seem so dominated by ads.

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y
Me, I choose to post silly shit there from time to time. Like tonight I posted about my very bad hair colouring job. I do take a skim through some of the posts looking for some silly posts from members or perhaps some witty ads that might make me smile. I'm all for the relaxed funny banter mixed with some ads here and there. I think that if more members chose to make posts then it wouldn't seem so dominated by ads.

Our sympathies on what your SO put you through. My Ex 4 years ago subjected me to the same idea and hated the results and it was 8 weeks to get rid of the dye and being ridiculed by family members too!

Thanks Gabby for the heads up as I plain forgot about that rule. So I did edit out the post to be safe as Gabby suggested and sorry to those who were offended or being nitpickers.

My point was not made to'nitpick' as you so eloquently stated...it was about the immature posts of all the recent posts by all members....however you gotta admit yours stood out with all the dots :) Good one by Chuck tho, haha

My point was not made to'nitpick' as you so eloquently stated...it was about the immature posts of all the recent posts by all members....however you gotta admit yours stood out with all the dots :) Good one by Chuck tho, haha

Why is it that lately we cannot have a discussion, ask questions and exchange opinions without someone calling others immature? :(

It has been said before and many times over: if you do not like a particular thread (or many), just skip it, move on and let others share their opinion, opinions that are relevant to the thread subject.

• Like 2

Why is it that lately we cannot have a discussion, ask questions and exchange opinions without someone calling others immature? :(

It has been said before and many times over: if you do not like a particular thread (or many), just skip it, move on and let others share their opinion, opinions that are relevant to the thread subject.

Ahhh yes, too true, we reply to threads, state our opinions, and if opinions do not coincide with our own we tend to get our backs up. All too often in the emotion of the moment we actually don't read the post at all, or misinterpret what was said and then hastily reply. In this case, the thread has had many responses, some pro some con, some good suggestions, but the recent comment had no reflection on this thread, it was a statement about the actions that this thread initiated, and I stated my opinion, which you have replied to in a negative manner, and this proves my point about misinterpretation.

Again, great thread, hope we get some more responses, maybe from the ladies that use the shoutbox to earn their livings?? :)

Life is good today, don't waste a minute of it!!

So how's the weather out east Steve O ? Need a little sunshine blown up there somewhere ? Just striking up an a non immature conversation ;) Kinda dry in MB here and need some moisture .

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Around 12:30 pm today I posted something in the shout box to the effect it was a beach day in Ottawa today and to enjoy it. Within the hour period thereafter 23 ads or links to ads were posted. This is the very reason why I don't bother with the shout box and pay little attention to it.

I can't agree with you more. It comes to a point that I don't even look at the shout box anymore - too many ads and too overwhelming!

• Like 1

I see both types of posts. For myself, I do say a hello, or have a great day...good night. I had a long time shout box friendship in the early morning with a member that is no longer on board:( We had coffee every morning:)

All of this is also advertising, as this shows we ARE ON LINE AND READY TO RECIEVE YOUR PM OR NOT.

But I also use it as a way to let ppl know of sudden changes to my schedule, or if I left a city, arriving in a city. Also to let you know that I am ready, and phone is on for me to answer your call:)

I will have to admit, however, that not long ago, I seen the WHOLE SHOUT OUT PAGE IN CAPS LIKE THIS... which is a redundant after a while IMHO. As the CAPS are to EMPHASIZE certain words, well if the whole page is in caps, nothing is being emphasized.

Perhaps we need to apply the same rules as advertising, if you use all caps...then unacceptable.

But also, this is an advertising board firstly. If chatting is what you want, then perhaps the chat room is a good place for that?

I don't see an issue either way personaly. If there are 10 shouts, all in caps, or advertising, that means I can shout again sooner:)

Feel free to say:) When you see me on there:) lol

Peace man!

• Like 2

I find it really useful! There is alot of ads but every once in a while you'll get cute little back and forth comments. I usually scroll to see who's posted, and it's great to see who happens to be available at that time. I enjoy for scouting new ladies as well. That and the photo album posts is great for discovering all kinds of lovely providers. I say bring back the breakfast club! Everyone start posting more hellos!

• Like 1

I have been wanting to participate on this discussion but time has not been on my side as well as I wanted to read some of the other members opinions

I am one of the people that shouts the most.. if not the Most and YES 90% of the time is to advertise... Unlike some of you think or state is not out of desperation.., as I keep myself busy..., is not secret to anyone...

is simply the fastest way to let my clients know where I am.. I move around from locations even in the same day... not everyone can access the entire site so is just a lot easier for them to find out where to find me... Also for the same reason that I have little time.. is a fast way fo advertising for me.. takes me 30 secs... Some times I dont have the chance to post an entire add...

Shout Box is a tool that I have decided to use for my advantage.., I dont brake the rules... I am very careful when it comes to that... also when I am off (weekends) I will so non work related shouts...

• Like 3

I sometimes find that the Shout Out Box is handy to know that someone has posted something new to their blog or that they have posted new pics in an album. For example, I noticed Emily J did that yesterday and it lead me to some great pics on her blog site. :)

• Like 2