Am I a control freak?

Work bench - Oh, I do like an orderly, neat desk or woodworking bench. I love to paint the outline of a tool on a backboard just to define where to place/hang the tool. Just like shop class in high school.

Kitchen - Oh my kitchen. I need my pots & pans in their own dependable spot. Sanitized counter tops and stove top free of grease, or other corruption. I have to order stainless steel counter tops & appliances so I can see the slightest smear of fingerprint or contamination. Windex is the cure-all for sure.

Bedroom - Oh I thrive in defined places where I can depend upon my own brand of precision and level of hygiene. Fresh linens and duvets every night. Fresh air moving throughout my room. My very own underwear drawer. I can stack my white socks separately from from my black socks. I wash my socks as units so I don't have any orphans at the end of wash day.

Oh, I so dislike clutter and clutter for the sake of decoration. I need to control my environment environment ENvironment for the sake of my sanity or i will go nutsbecause I can't maintain control over the beautiful souls in my family. Is anyone else in the same boat?

BTW - just a pretend rant. Sort of. I want irrational flow of thought.

Guest webothscore

Holy crap, you just described the perfect husband with OCD! As long as your sex is not so scripted ;) yeah I can see where you are coming from. While I like to have things just so, I am also learning that I can't control many other things, but good for you to have so much in order.

Guest realnicehat
Work bench - Oh, I do like an orderly, neat desk or woodworking bench. I love to paint the outline of a tool on a backboard just to define where to place/hang the tool. Just like shop class in high school.

Kitchen - Oh my kitchen. I need my pots & pans in their own dependable spot. Sanitized counter tops and stove top free of grease, or other corruption. I have to order stainless steel counter tops & appliances so I can see the slightest smear of fingerprint or contamination. Windex is the cure-all for sure.

Bedroom - Oh I thrive in defined places where I can depend upon my own brand of precision and level of hygiene. Fresh linens and duvets every night. Fresh air moving throughout my room. My very own underwear drawer. I can stack my white socks separately from from my black socks. I wash my socks as units so I don't have any orphans at the end of wash day.

Oh, I so dislike clutter and clutter for the sake of decoration. I need to control my environment environment ENvironment for the sake of my sanity or i will go nutsbecause I can't maintain control over the beautiful souls in my family. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Seems like a clear case of "Oh"CD to me :)

I am the opposite: Total chaos. My home is an explosion of possessions. Nothing goes in the same place twice. I don't lose single socks, I lose pants.....

My home is peaceful , serene and always perfectly clean. My flowers although cant rival the public gardens are close. I do not

leave a stone overturned in any area of my life. I carefully watch my diet and exercise to coax my body to be just as I like it.

The company I keep is the absolute best, be that my personal life or the perfect gentlemen I see in my home. Yes that is a lot of perfection, do I suffer from OCD, perhaps?

I'd rather think that I am a high achiever and like to pay attention to every detail around me!!

Love to all!

Guest **cely***r***ne

I wish I could have a spot for everything and everything in its spot!

Haha! My house is clean, cozy and mildly decorated, but if you look in my closet...

We should never meet. It can only end badly :)

Seriously, I'm the exact opposite. My life is absolute chaos to the casual observer. But the thing is... I know where everything is, because it's where I left it. The one thing I cannot stand is anyone coming along and "tidying up", because that means that things are no longer where I left them and I'll never, ever find them again. If you move something to the other side of the room - or even the other side of the desk - you might as well have sent it to another planet as far as I'm concerned.

Psychologists call this the volcano filing system; apparently it works well because any item's immediate importance is directly related to it's position relative to the center of the "volcano", and it will also tend to be in proximity to related items. And apparently it's also quite a good correlation to how our own memories work, insomuch as we actually understand this.

Sooooooo what you are sayin Jabba is.....

If I put your hammer where the crescent wrench goes......put your white sox with the underwear, the black socks with your pj's and your pots and pans in the cutlery drawer you would pull out your automatic weapons ?? !! :)

If I put your hammer where the crescent wrench goes......put your white sox with the underwear, the black socks with your pj's and your pots and pans in the cutlery drawer you would pull out your automatic weapons ?? !! :)

I will arrange to have a meeting with all you offenders with many tips for success and I am sure we can have a lot of fun doing so!!

Additional Comments:

I will arrange to have a meeting with all you offenders with many tips for success and I am sure we can have a lot of fun doing so!!

Sheesh!! Guys ..

• Like 1

That small explosion you may have heard was the sound of my little mind blowing-up. Pay no attention. It will heal in time.

Hammer with the crescent wrench outline?? That's absurd - it, it just won't fit. Honestly Lee, sometimes I think you do this deliberately just to test my limits. I have it on good authority it's somewhat illegal too. Have you actually tried this? Tell me you haven't tried this. I can't believe anyone could try....oh - can you send me a picture?

I can understand if some misguided soul were to attempt to install a pot in a cutlery drawer. When visiting, my 82 year old mother-in-law does this sort of thing, just for entertainment value. I politely indulge her because she is so good to me. When she leaves, I tenderly remove my nails imbedded in my palms*.

*On further note, I have a steady & handy supply of disinfectant and bandages. I like to get the large bottles of hand gel disinfectant from CostCo. They come with the pump dispenser. You don't have to pick up a yucky squeeze bottle.

But Dude! I can't believe anyone could deliberately mix the white socks with the black socks :icon_eek: - brrrrr. That's rather disorganized. It's disturbing and I'm uncomfortable with the concept.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1

That small explosion you may have heard was the sound of my little mind blowing-up. Pay no attention. It will heal in time.

Hammer with the crescent wrench outline?? That's absurd - it, it just won't fit. Honestly Lee, sometimes I think you do this deliberately just to test my limits. I have it on good authority it's somewhat illegal too. Have you actually tried this? Tell me you haven't tried this. I can't believe anyone could try....oh - can you send me a picture?

I can understand if some misguided soul were to attempt to install a pot in a cutlery drawer. When visiting, my 82 year old mother-in-law does this sort of thing, just for entertainment value. I politely indulge her because she is so good to me. When she leaves, I tenderly remove my nails imbedded in my palms*.

*On further note, I have a steady & handy supply of disinfectant and bandages. I like to get the large bottles of hand gel disinfectant from CostCo. They come with the pump dispenser. You don't have to pick up a yucky squeeze bottle.

But Dude! I can't believe anyone could deliberately mix the white socks with the black socks :icon_eek: - brrrrr. That's rather disorganized. It's disturbing and I'm uncomfortable with the concept.

Oh yes I suppose....sober or after one beer the hammer doesn't fit the crescent wrench outline....after six beer it fits purrrfectly and I am done fixin !! and after a dozen or so really who cares it must be long past happy hour and par tay time somewhere ? ;)

As far as socks I have a drawer for ones with holes in them for work and "the other sock drawer" ...... look at me go Mr. Organize socks I am !!!! hehe