Need some advice

I have some questions. I don't want to paint my room black. But I do want a black room. Does anyone know how, I could get black walls. That I can easily take care of when I move out. Also I know there was a post on this. What is the best pole? To have in an apartment. That will not fall over. I kind of want a club feeling. Tell me what you think guys. XOXO Peachy/Val.

Go with black wall paper. I know wall paper can be a pain to remove, but it would less hassle than using 100 coats of paint to cover up the black paint!!! Plus black paint is a nightmare to work with, same as red. Tough colours to paint with. My mum is an interior decorator, so I've seen and heard all about it!

some options....

-black material hung on the walls also gives the illusion of drapes around you.

-you can also get rolls of black paper....construction paper from a craft store...and tape it to the walls.

-wall papaer is good but to remove it after is alot of work and if you paint wall paper and then remove it the black will make a big mess

Hey Peachy here is what I would do:

Walls - It is a myth that dark color paints are hard to cover up; the cheapest way make them black is to simply purchase a high quality primer/ paint combo. 2 coats should suffice. I recommend an eggshell finish as it will allow you to wipe the walls without smudging or leaving streaks. When it comes to paint over the black it would be better to put 2 coats of primer on then 2 coats of the color you chose to paint it. The key here is to purchase a high quality paint like Behr or CIL as the cheap stuff is watered down and has less adhesiveness to it.

Pole - The easiest way I can think of it to simply anchor it to the floor and ceiling with a flange and building a box at the base to cover the flange. Now if this is all gibberish to you I've attached a website that is dedicated to helping great women like you build poles for the enjoyment of men like me. Once the supplies are bought you're looking at about a half day of work for the average DIYer.

http://jaysilver.net/pictures/cosmo/2/stripperpole.html

If you need more info don't be shy, anything to better this world. :cooter:

Like any dark color, it is true that it can be painted over afterwards but, as mentioned above, it takes 4 coats (2 primer + 2 paint). A few days to allow adequate drying time.

Or if wallpaper can be used, it can be installed and thumbtacked to the wall instead of sticking it with glue.

It will make small holes in the wall but later, that's easy to patch and then, priming the spots and painting over is easy..

But to remove sticked wallpaper, I use Keel.

Very efficient, and if one is careful with the scraper, it leaves no mark on the wall.

Must faster than steam...

Peachy, the easiest and best way to paint your walls black is to call me. :-)

You could probably look after the pole too!!!

I have used chalk board paint and it covers very easily, plus while you have it up you can make notes :) get the large box of sidewalk chalk cause once you can draw on the walls you won't stop.

Val,

I think you should leave it to a professional who can help you out with your project.

I'll be waiting for your PM.

Use black paint as an accent wall in contrast with one or two other colors or if you're going to paint all the walls black, use silver metallic paint for the trim. Mirrors are especially nice paired with black walls if the purpose of this room is to give it a nightclub type vibe. Using different metallic accessories such as chrome, silver and crystal to decorate and having the metallic colors and textures in the upholstery and window treatments. I would also suggest using lighting as a focal point (i.e. a a scaled down version of a chandelier that you see in nightclubs nowadays).

The furniture should be ultra modern similar to this http://modernlinefurniture.com/custom-seating-creations.html and can be found in many stores that exclusively sell these type of pieces that are similar to those seen in nightclubs and that you could also use in your own home. You don't have to spend a fortune as long as you have an idea of what you want and then find similar items at a lower price. Another tip is not to user black shiny paint since it will show up any inperfection. It is best to use a satin finish for easy scrubbing.

If you're worried about painting the walls back to white or a more neutral color then you will have to use 2-3 coats of primer like Kilz Total One that you can get at Home Depot. Either way you're going to have to do the work to achieve this look and then get the walls back to what they were once you plan to move out. If you're looking for a pole, I'd recommend one that can be removed instantly if need be. Do a search on Carmen Electra's Pole Dancing products.

rather than have something like this happen although you would have to get very active to generate this amount of force:lol:

This is so wrong, but it passed through on facebook recently, and I couldn't help myself.

If you still need ideas or assistance on anchoring a pole with minimal ceiling damage ask me tuesday.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great advice. Also I have had a lot of offers for people to paint for me. That was such sweet gestures. I would like to say that I've changed my mind on the black. I will do a sexy Arabian theme. Thanks again guys. I will have fun this weekend painting and getting dirty. XoXo Peachy/Val.

Oh, yes. Thank you Owdouglas. That was too funny. That is something I would do, Fall flat on my face. I hope I get the right pole. Teehee

Peachy darlin, you may want to consider using black drapes or such on one or two walls to provide variety and easily removable decor... but do put in lighting as I don't want to bang my thing on the swing or bench... :bddog:

That is funny Geo007 because that is what I'm doing except with swede drapes. I also bought really nice material to drape over the drapes. I am going for an indoor tent look. A sexy Arabian feel. After spending all day cleaning and painting. I still have more to do.

Haahaa, I will take care of booboo if anything happens. I have a great light. So don't worry about that.

That is funny Geo007 because that is what I'm doing except with swede drapes. I also bought really nice material to drape over the drapes. I am going for an indoor tent look. A sexy Arabian feel. After spending all day cleaning and painting. I still have more to do.

Haahaa, I will take care of booboo if anything happens. I have a great light. So don't worry about that.

You've really piqued my curiosity on the end results, Peachy :-P. Any chance you could post some pics??? I love seeing the results of a person's creativity and imagination :-D.

Peachy, I could paint the ceiling and I do not even need a brush. :jackoff: :lol:

LOL, I like your style of painting. It sounds so much funner. Remind me to look you up. Next time I need a paint job. What should we call it? Vincent Vans Gooo. Teehee XoXo Peachy/Val