Am I seeing things?

Ok...first of all, I wasn't drinking (much), I don't do drugs and I am not crazy. But....I went out last night to go to the corner store. It was about 10 pm or so. When I looked in the sky to the north west, I noticed about 10 lights with a fair separation moving in the sky from the west heading east and a bit to the north. I did not hear any sound and the lights were moving at a fast speed. I have no idea what it could be. I have lived in Ottawa for a few years and I never saw that before.

There was a low cloud cover last night and the lights I saw could possibly have been a series of concentrated lights reflecting off the clouds but judging from the direction the lights were travelling, I did not get the impression that there was a common focal point on the ground. It was a bizarre sight. I did look in the news to see if anybody reported anything but I did not see anything.

Did anybody else see this?

Does anybody know what may have caused this?

• Like 1

You didn't mention what part of the country you are in.

Thanks BarrhavenWoody. I had noticed that I did not include the area so I edited my post to indicate that I am in Ottawa.