I give leyway to those who might not have English as their first language, typically translating French to English......or Maritimes to English :)

it's Cape Bretoneze mister..and we all have our own language in the maritimes..lol

I think the subject of professionalism and common sense has been brought up a few times before and I'll always come back to the same thing - some people are just plain retarded. They'll never get it and they never will.

My boss will bring her iPhone into a meeting, browse Facebook, text her friends, and all the while she won't be paying any attention to what's going on (not that she'd have a clue anyways). She'll take people away who are extremely busy with what they are doing to help her do what is essentially her job, because she fucks around all day and forgets about deadlines. Then she'll have the audacity to take a personal call for 5 mins while that person is sitting there - still not able to do what they're supposed to be doing, or help her do her job which she's no fucking good at in the first place.

This woman is in her 40's and has been a manager for over 10 years. And these kind of people are littered about everywhere. She's not even stupid, she just lives in this impenetrable bubble where everything revolves around her, and she'll always be a self-absorbed twat because no one can or will do anything to change it.

I don't know who's worse - my boss or the sp that took a call while I was fucking her from behind (not joking). Probably the former because at least I can laugh about the latter ;)

I think this is a really interesting discussion. I know I've only been here a short time, but I know I and other women here are proud of our skills and don't expect to be excused for poor service just because of the nature of the industry. This work is not easy (although it can be rather enjoyable :) ) and certainly there are many victims in the industry, but many of the women on CERB do not fall into that category. I don't think poor upbringing, lack of education, whatever other reasons people might have, are not excuses for plain rudeness. Cell phone mannerlessness (ooh, talk about bad grammar, sorry) is my biggest pet peeve.

• Like 1

This is definately a service oriented industry and like other businesses in service those that provide excellent service will have success, those that don't learn how to provide excellent service will eventually dry up and blow away....it might take some time but it will happen. The opportunity to provide a unique service, gives a perfect opportunity to build a healthly successful business built on courtesy, respect and common sense, which in dollars and cents costs absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

Since I have posted this less than 24hrs ago I have been asked by many people who the provider is! I don't know if I should respond to these pm's or not?? Therefore I will not be providing her name to anyone. If I am wrong in this belief please feel free to let me know, but I do not believe my view will change.

Guest C**Tra****er
Good manners and common sense have nothing to do with 'natural ability', previous work experience, or 'polite parents.' This isn't a situation in which we all need to be a little more understanding about bad service because it's reflective of greater societal problems, or because the real issue is the victimization of the next generation by an unjust society and ill-equipped parents.

Cell phone etiquette and politeness are taught to children as early as kindergarten. There's no excuse for bad service.

I completely agree. So because my parents stayed together or I was breast-fed I am now a better person? How did I learn common sense from that? Right and wrong is inherent in our brain chemistry... those who lack it are called psychopaths.

I show respect for all people around me - I think this is basic human decency. The respect is yours until you have done something to lose it. I don't care if you are the prime minister or a guy living on the street, what right do I have to judge these people? (The prime minister is a bad example in this case!)

As for education, that's really a non-issue. I work with people who have less than a high school education and I would rather have them write briefs for me that some of the people that have MBAs - your level of education is not an indication of your level of intelligence, manners, politeness or common sense.

My boss would be one of those people.... great knowledge but no people skills.

I think that replying to PM's are perfectly fine. You have a right to your opinion, however this board is designed not to make it public. Others too have the right to know experiences and impressions as we all are looking at options and experiences to expand our hobby. IMHO.

Eventhough we are very busy, there's no excuse for more than one mistake in an appointment... This sounds totally like B&S to me...

I can understand that she awnsered in Jeans and sweater. I can also understand that she was'nt having the right outfit (shit happens...), but I do not understand why she awnsered her phone...

That's weird!

Cell phone mannerlessness (ooh, talk about bad grammar, sorry) is my biggest pet peeve.

What is needed now is an era of mannerlessnessless. We must not be mannerlessnesslessness. Over and out.

I think this is a really interesting discussion. I know I've only been here a short time, but I know I and other women here are proud of our skills and don't expect to be excused for poor service just because of the nature of the industry. This work is not easy (although it can be rather enjoyable :) ) and certainly there are many victims in the industry, but many of the women on CERB do not fall into that category. I don't think poor upbringing, lack of education, whatever other reasons people might have, are not excuses for plain rudeness. Cell phone mannerlessness (ooh, talk about bad grammar, sorry) is my biggest pet peeve.

manerlessness is now going in the new dictionary in my head, its a word NOW!....j/k. (thats just what i say when I realize I've completely invented a non-existing word and tried to pass it off....it it gets the point across, no ones gonna hound your vocabulary...at least not me

I'm in agrement with Auralie that having sat in on a couple sex-workers' rights meetings and hear everyone give a cheer to the positive side of the industry...women working by choice, not by the media's portrayal of high-school drop outs and drug addicts who are "forced" into the industry....that claiming, mod, that for the mostpart the women on this site fall into that category strays very far from "protecting the ladies", something this site has always been a haven for.

by putting out there that we are girls who "dont know better" or dont have many lights on upstairs due to our supposed lack of education or being able to hold a 'real" job, you also discredit the many wonderful female presences on this board who have university degrees, are doing things right, perhaps have a learning curve to adjust to sometimes, but those of us who are here, regardless of our education or upbringing, should not be exposed to the idea to clients that this notion is the norm and that we might not know any better.

This is not a statement that is looking out for our safety. If you state that most of the girls save for a handful of us are just not too bright because of a certain portrayal (similar to the media's) then you are opening the floodgates for men to expect that an SP that they find on this wonderful board is going to most likely make more mistakes.

what does this mean long-term? well as said, "what goes around comes around" right? (only that was meant towards the girls getting no-shows so you can only expect them to treat others as they have been treated. right? wrong. didn't a wise jewish guy in a really thick book...i dunno, his name started with a J...say "do unto others as you would have done unto you?) if these clients are told that their SP is probably the duller of the bunch, what kind of effort are we then encouraging on their end?

Not trying to start a fight with mod here but that was a very bold statement to make about an industry we are supposedly all trying to protect in this great community. yes, there are a handful of newbie-girls, or girls who discover the hard way that this is not for them but I stand by the opinion that those are the handfull of girls on here.....not the proper ones. This is Cerb, not CL

Lets look out for the ladies' safety....oh and as a sidenote I do think the OP should PM the name of the girl politely, however hopefully she has learned something from his thread if she sees it

• Like 2

WhoA! Please don't blow stuff like that out of proportion and twist my comments like that!! Are you really trying to say that I am backing the media stereotypes? Serious? Me??? Wow.. short memory!

Have you not read ANY of my posts on this site??

Your twisting what I said and just throwing in "drug addicts who are "forced" into the industry" into your comment (this is called adding weight to your argument - this is exactly what the media does.. what you are doing to me right now).

Either discuss the topic maturely (and rationally) or we close the topic and move on. Attacking my character because you do not agree or like something I said is not cool. If you beleive that crap you should leave the site and if you plan on sticking around you should reconsider your comment and apologize for attacking my reputation like that publicly.

and comments like "those are the handfull of girls on here.....not the proper ones" Are you kidding me? Someone needs to take your high horse away the arrogance is too much. The new ladies just need to learn how the business works. They should be just as welcome as you are. I am sure you did not start in this business knowing everything... like everything it has a learning curve and yes, cerb is a place to HELP them learn and HELP them not make mistakes like this. If you are too "proper" to help the new ladies that is your choice but it's not a supportive choice and that comment makes you look bad.

P.S. OP should NOT PM the name of the lady, that would be using cerb to slander someone - this is NOT a place for negative reviews on the ladies. Doing that would go against everything we work hard here to do. You have no idea if OP is telling the truth or not. Who's trying to go against everything we do here to protect the ladies? UNreal!