Would you pay to just cuddle?

Would you use a cuddle service?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a cuddle service?

• Yes
    • No

Guest realnicehat

There is a thread in the Ottawa Massage section which discusses a cuddle only service slated to open in the near future.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=158302

Of course everyone partaking in that thread agrees that cuddling is very beneficial and enjoyable. But what I'm wondering is, would you consider paying to only cuddle?

I love cuddling and arrange longer sessions to ensure that there is plenty of time for it. That being said, I'm not sure I would use a snuggle service.

I'm wondering if this kind of business will crossover with the services discussed here on Cerb or if their client base will come from another demographic.

What do you think? As a client or provider would you consider using a service like this?

Here is a sample of that sort of business: http://www.thesnuggery.org/index.html

To be clear, this is cuddling only. No kissing, no touching the naughty bits.

If there price were right, yes, I would. There are days where things just pile up on you, you get overwhelmed and need that human touch except for many, you can't get that. There isn't anyone around or they're busy or your friends wouldn't understand a 1/2 hour snuggle. This is a prime example. Sometimes you just need a hug.

As an SP I would definitely include something like this. There is a chance it might not be the only thing you end up wanting/needing but I love the added benefit of the therapeutic touch aspect.

I'm sure there is a lot of value in a stand alone snuggery but I would think it would have to be in the right location. Australia is very open to many things and would embrace this concept with open arms. There are others places that would not or would view it sideways as something dirty.

• Like 2

as MM said, if the price was right, yes. And if there was even light kissing involved it would be a double yes for me.

• Like 1

I voted - No -sorry, but I just wouldn't pay for that service alone. I'm much more of the sensual,erotic pleasuring type guy. :)

...my reasoning...

The cuddling/spooning....spooning first.. I enjoy IT... is when she can feel my hard on the small of her back while I caressed her breasts and kissed the back of her neck and held her tightly. Then she turn around and laid a big long DFK, and well...we know the rest of the story :) That is more of my type of service which includes cuddling/spooning with the full deal.

• Like 4

Depends on who is offering the service. Cuddling or a make out session is pretty intimate and would only work for me if I was comfortable with the girl offering the service. And I'd probably get turned on so...

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

The globe and mail had a recent article on loneliness in a Facebook world and how keeping "in touch" electronically with others was unsatisfying... kinda like looking through a window at "friends" lives, but you're still on the outside looking in.

Anyway, one particular service now being offered to address this need to physically connect was you could buy a hug. So far it's just in California, as far as I know. Doesn't that strike you as sad? We're so connected to each other electronically yet so detached physically that people need to purchase hugs.

That's a little different than cuddling perhaps, but sure, why not? It could turn into a booming business down the road.

I'd have to say no too. I see ladies for intimate encounters. Cuddling for me is part, an important part of an encounter, but not the only part of an encounter. Sex is also a part of an encounter. But it too is not the only part of an encounter. Conversation over drinks, either getting to know one another or reconnecting with a lady you have had previous encounters with, that too is part of an encounter. But it isn't the only part of an encounter

And with that said, all of that doesn't describe a encounter, an encounter is far more than the sum of it's menu parts. An encounter allows for real intimacy between a lady and gentleman. And for me, cuddling without the intimacy that for me would be empty and just a menu item. Cuddling as part of an encounter, a GFE, is great.

Just my opinion

RG

• Like 1

In some ways i think we're the wrong group of people to ask because many of us like this aspect as part of our total encounter. We are sexual creatures and this is just a part of it. To me, this service would probably be more directed towards the people looking for connection and intimacy without the sexual aspect. All those people who may frown on sex work could view this as therapeutic and be perfectly happy supporting it. Those who would love to step into a hobbyist world but are fearful or have morality issues may view this as a happy medium. Honestly, anything that gets the world touching more, physically versus electronically connected and in some ways, back to the roots of humanity is a good thing.

• Like 8

Guest realnicehat
In some ways i think we're the wrong group of people to ask because many of us like this aspect as part of our total encounter. We are sexual creatures and this is just a part of it. To me, this service would probably be more directed towards the people looking for connection and intimacy without the sexual aspect. All those people who may frown on sex work could view this as therapeutic and be perfectly happy supporting it. Those who would love to step into a hobbyist world but are fearful or have morality issues may view this as a happy medium. Honestly, anything that gets the world touching more, physically versus electronically connected and in some ways, back to the roots of humanity is a good thing.

This is exactly why I posed the question here. We all know there are guys willing to pay for sexual acts (ie the 15 min appointment) without the affection attached but I was curious to see if they would be willing to pay solely for the other end of the spectrum. Or if the ladies who spend so much time providing these services would be interested in a service that allows them human contact without all the fuss.

I agree that many members probably prefer an encounter that balances sex and affection but there does seem to be at least some interest in the cuddling only service if the price is right.

At the time of this post, one quarter of the people who replied are at least interested in the service. That's not too bad considering we likely aren't their target demographic.

Edited by realnicehat

Sure, I think it is a possibility. I am a mature guy, and with age I am in a transition. I still thoroughly enjoy the intimacy of being with a woman, but find that the actual sex act isn't as important as it was in my youth and middle age. I think just enjoying all the senses, kissing snuggling, smell or a massage are just some of the many activities that can be still enjoyed. The only caveat is that both partners have to trust each other to be able to have good communications.

The other thing is that you have to have a clear understanding of the limits and where you want to go should those rules wish to be crossed.

• Like 4

I can cuddle like the dickens :) ..... but I luv to kiss .... soooo I might be puckered up and my eyes closed while talking to you while cuddling and poking fun at you with an erection...

• Like 1

I answered yes, but i'm not totally sure. Before i probably would have paid for that kind of service. However, now i get it when booking with a MA/SP. I also have 2-3 friends i can cuddle with. It's still pretty recent, but it would remove the need to pay for it.

A similar service i saw was a "sleep buddie". A girl who sleep overnight with someone for money. If the price was right, i'd definitively try it. I've never had the chance to fall asleep in a girl's arms and wake up next to her.

• Like 2

I voted no. I know myself and, even if I agreed to just cuddle, I'd try to cheat. Then, when she called me on it, I'd probably sulk, lol.

• Like 1

Hmm, I keep going back and forth on this one. I do like cuddling, always have, and find it a great stress reliever, but speaking honestly I'm truly not sure if I would pay for that alone. I can't help but think that even if I didn't go into it wanting something more intimate, after a bit of nice cuddling I would be wanting more!

This isn't to say there aren't some forms of non-sexual companionship I'd be willing to make arrangements for. Sometimes I can't find anyone to watch Game of Thrones or play some Mass Effect with. Having a lovely lady or two over to join in on some geeky shenanigans sounds like a good time to me. And yeah, I suppose if we happen to cuddle a the same time I wouldn't complain. :)

• Like 1

I offer a cuddle service, and I agree that people online here are in general not the target audience (but there absolutely is overlap)

If you want a sexual connection then that is what you should look for, and cuddling will just be frustrating. Cuddling is amazing for what it is, and for some people it's what they are looking for.

I feel like a cuddle service is aimed more towards people who don't want sex (or to pay for sex) for whatever reason, but still want intimacy, human touch, connection, relaxation, comfort, etc.

Basically to be happy, know what you want and find someone who can provide you with that.

Guest c**io**m7

I am a cuddler. There is almost no greater feeling than the warmth and security of intimate skin on skin contact. Would I pay? Not a chance.

I would pay for sex but, true enjoyment of a cuddle can only come with the sincerity of the emotional connection, IMHO.

This is a service that I offer on my web site, it's called PJs and Cognac. I choose to offer this service because I believe that loneliness is rampant in our society at the moment and people don't get enough careing touch, especially as they enter their later years.

This is my least expensive service because I want it to be accessible. I all so just love to snuggle people so in my mind it's win win :)

• Like 2

I answered "no", but... y'know what? My real, slightly odd answer is:

• no, I wouldn't pay to cuddle with someone I hadn't already seen for a GFE visit.

• but under the right circumstances, I can see myself paying for a cuddle session with someone I *had* seen for a GFE encounter.

The only way I can make sense of this feeling on my part is:

• if it's someone I hadn't seen before, the comfortable intimacy of the cuddle (if we were able to build that) would eventually fall prey to me wondering "wow, can't we take this further... man, I wonder what it would be like to... mm, I wonder what she looks like when..."

• but if it's someone I'd already seen and with whom I'd already been, you know, uh, fully intimate, then some of that curiosity would be satisfied. Plus, we'd already have some kind of physical and intimate bond to build upon and make the lighter connection of the cuddle feel more meaningful and reassuring.

Yup, I think it's entirely possible that once I'd established a little-r relationship with an SP, that on some occasions I'd like to just "hang out, close up" with her and talk and caress a bit. That could totally work.

• Like 3

I have experienced providing this type of encounter without knowing ahead of time twice.

The gents are not members but had just returned home from being deployed overseas for six months and just wanted to talk and be held from what they endured and witnessed.

It was very emotional and a huge eye opener for me. You read the papers and see the news but to be in the company of a soldier right after they return home, is nothing like what you read or see on the news.

I don't openly offer this but when I'm asked I usually accept, everyone needs a warm embrace, someone to listen to them and possibly even a shoulder to cry on. I would never deny someone in need of that.

• Like 4

With the prostitution laws down, that kind of business might come back. Seems he was harassed about having a brothel and that's why he closed. Now people shouldn't bug him and clients won't mistake that for more if you can be upfront about your sex-related business.