It's coming, not much we can do about it, it is winter after all. I love snow, shovelling it, playing in it, walking in it, snow mobiling, cross country skiing, just watching it fall. There is nothing prettier than freshly fallen snow on the trees. What do you like or dislike about snow:)

• Like 1

Guest R**3*9

Like: how it looks when it's falling.

Dislike: everything else.

It's a very depressing time of year...don't like cold or winter activities.

Oh got to go....I hear the phone ringing...I think it's the Caribbean calling. LOL

Like: how it looks when it's falling.

Dislike: everything else.

It's a very depressing time of year...don't like cold or winter activities.

Oh got to go....I hear the phone ringing...I think it's the Caribbean calling. LOL

Hahaha I kinda of agree with it!!!

I remember when I was a Kid back home... It looked so pretty on TV... always wanted to see it live... and play in it... and It looked so much fun to make snow angels...

BUT THIS IS TEH REALITY NOW... Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in Canada. I am so excited.It's so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - Canada. It is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned all colours and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.

Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it here.

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won). When the snow plough came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Canada.

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plough did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. Friggin snow plough.

Dec. 22 - More of that white **** fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plough hides around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. *******.

Dec. 25 - Merry F'ng Christmas! More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on the son-of-a-***** who drives the snow plough,I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the friggin ice.

Dec. 27 - More white **** last night. Been inside for three days now except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plough goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, the car's stuck in a mountain of white **** and it's so frigging cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the **** again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Dec. 28 - That ****ing weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the **** this time. Can you believe that he missed it by 24 inches. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plough got stuck up in the road and that bastard came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels shoveling out all the **** he had pushed into my driveway, I damn near broke my last one over his bloody head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on my way back a damned deer ran in front of the car. Did about $3,000 damage to the car. Those stinkin' beasts should be killed. The bastards are everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusted out from all that blody salt they put all over the roads. ??

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as Canada

WELLL no I have not yet moved to Florida or Back home... Still Here...

Darn... one day one day LOL

This are a a few FAQ:

1. Why did you move to Canada?

I have no F... Clue...

2. Do you Like it here?

Yes I do... But Not the winters...

3. How was your first winter?

Aweful.., I spent indoors witha broken ankle.., I fell walking on the snow...

4. Are you used to the winter now?

No not really.. But I have learn to accept them and try to vacation in between and take breaks from it....

Many People has told me.. you just have to get involved in winter sports and activities... My answer is I get cold easy.. and I do.. My feet and hands can freeze easily even when wearing High quality winter clothing... (i even bought electric heated boots once LOL). I was born and raised in South America and I was not Built for this weather.., Unlike FORD i was not Built Though... LOL!

• Like 6

Guest S*rca****sid

I like everything about snow. The only thing I hate about it, is driving in it!

The snow I don't mind so much. It can be lovely when it's falling, though I don't think it's so nice to look at when it's been down a while and gotten all dirty and sludgy from cars, etc.

However, I'm a boy of summer and hate being cold. You'll never hear me complaining in August about how hot or muggy it might be because I'll always take that extreme over being cold. In the winter I don't tend to go out as much, don't exercise as much, and don't get naked as much!

Perfect world to me would be if winter just lasted a month or so -- long enough to appreciate the look of it and have the right atmosphere for the holidays; maybe enjoy a couple quiet nights reading or watching movies with the fireplace going and hot chocolate at hand. But after about four weeks I'm ready for the sunshine and heat to come back!

• Like 2

Guest c**io**m7
i really like the snow because it motivates me to visit my travel agent and book southern vacations :)

exactly!!!

Lived most of my entire life in the Ottawa area, I really don't mind the "snow" at all, we get accustomed to it over our years.

It is the bitter cold -40 to -50 with the wind chill that is a nuisance and that is what bothers me the most about the winter season.

I love the outdoors in the winter time,long walks getting good fresh air,skating on the canal, skiing over the Gatineau area, stopping in at the Nordik Spa, we just have to adjust,dress accordingly to the weather.

I go every year down south, for a couple of weeks, just to break up the season, and it isn't really all that bad.

After all we are Canadian's and this is just one season of four.

I rather go through our seasons then say "Tornado's", "Typhoon's" , "Mudslides" and other associated weather patterns that are much more severe than our snow.

• Like 2

I really enjoy a walk in a heavy snowfall by myself.. Being in my favorite winter coat and boots, hat and just looking at the snow falling at the street lights..

Driving in it can be a pain.. People that don't know how to drive in snow is even MORE of a pain.....

I like my snowblower..!! ;-) but it doesn't like the wet slushy stuff..LOL

D.

• Like 1

Snow I don't mind. Truthfully. It is beautiful, brings great joy to children's faces. It is FUN. We adults can all act like kids again when the snow falls. Living in rural Newfoundland has taught me to appreciate snowshoeing, drinking tea outside in the woods while having a "boil up", skidooing, and just generally playing in the snow. You are NEVER too old to build a snowman or do snow angels :)

Shovelling I don't even mind... I used to rather enjoy it growing up in Saskatchewan and trust me, we had our fair share of it there lol. I'm a bit spoiled here as we don't seem to get much. The occasional dump of snow but otherwise, it's fairly mild on the Avalon Peninsula.

Let's face it - we are Canadian. Snow is part of who we are.

The cold and lack of sunlight that is associated with snow? Now THAT I can do without. As someone who experiences seasonal affective disorder, I miss my sunshine very much and would MUCH rather be in heat than cold. But... I faithfully take my Vitamin D daily, and I love living in Canada -- so I have learned to appreciate all of the seasons.

So, I say - let it snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!!

PS - Why do you think Canadians are so horny? We need to stay WARM through more months of the year than we need to cool down! LOL !!

• Like 9

I LOVE the snow in northern Ontario. The first snow stays on the ground till the last then melts in the spring. It looks beautiful laying on the branches of the trees.

You can hear it squeak under foot as you walk along the trail.

Here in HFX, it snows then melts and turns brown with sand and salt. It looks like shit for 2-3 months.

• Like 1

Guest a**4*

I enjoy the snow the winter actives I do, ice fishing-ski-doing-four wheeling which I was doing today beer,bomb fires,laughter,good friends we as Canadians will always enjoy our snow we complain about it but we just have to deal with it I like the outdoors actives I am one that is not house bound in the winter I AM CANADIAN

Jed Clampet on one episode of the Beverly Hillbillies arranged for snow -- you could go out and play in it all day long wearing shorts and a t-shirt (it was 80 degrees out) and vacuum it up when you're done.

Beverly-Hillbillies1.jpg

What we need is to switch to that kind of snow here in Canada.

• Like 1

I like the snow, but as I grow older I find I wish winter was just a little bit shorter.

spring could come a month earlier if you ask me.

• Like 1

What a nerve crasher for me, snow . I HATE IT. I can't run when it snows, travel is impeded, weather its flight, walking or driving my car.

There is very little in life I refuse to do and one of those things is snow removal. I will not do it, I have sat here and actually prayed for rain. If God does not answer I will hire out for this hateful job. Snow is heavy, hurts my back and there is not one sexy thing I can say about snow. Blah to snow.

• Like 1

I live the thought of snow.... the memories I have of fun playing in the Snow as a child and with my Daughters as they were growing up... and I love thinking about getting the opportunity to take grandchildren playing in the snow at some point in the future.

The truth is as I have gotten older... my health gas not afford me as active a lifestyle as I would have liked and as a result snow has changed from a thing that I looked forward to into a problem to deal with... I am told not to shovel and not overdo it so Snow now gets me down.

I bet my first grandchild will revive the child in me... i hope it does.

• Like 2

I'm with Katherine on this snow bit. Snow caused me to break my leg 3 years ago and I'm done with the love affair. Snow ads hours to my work day and I cannot wait for winter to end. Winters are getting easier in NS, but if they get worse, I'm heading to Florida for a month or two every winter.

• Like 1

I'm with Katherine on this snow bit. Snow caused me to break my leg 3 years ago and I'm done with the love affair. Snow ads hours to my work day and I cannot wait for winter to end. Winters are getting easier in NS, but if they get worse, I'm heading to Florida for a month or two every winter.

And you are taking me with you baby!!

• Like 1

Snow, OK for a snowfall Dec 24th, and Dec 25th....then it can all go to hell

Always worried that an encounter (one was) will get postponed because of a snowstorm...wouldn't want to travel in a storm

Worse than the snow though, is when it gets bitter cold, especially combined with wind

But even worse than that, freezing rain

RG

• Like 3