Newby inroduction and question!

Hi, new to the board and would like to thank everyone that contributes for the great info. I have been reading for awhile and have learned a lot!

I am also new to the hobby as well, and looking to have a first encounter in the near future. I was wondering about clearing up a few questions.

1) Is there any positive or negative reasons to visit Independent SP vs agency SP? For some reason I seem to naturally feel more comfortable with using an independent, not sure if this is a reasonable way of thinking?

2) What is the appropriate etiquette when it comes to tipping? Seems like some people feel it is required and others say it is factored in the price?

3) I would be looking to use in call service. Are there usually any hidden fees other that the "donation". Don't want to show up short!

4) I understand the need for providing the SP with a legitimate phone number. I currently only have a home phone (shared), so would it be wise to get a cell phone? Is it common to receive calls from a SP?

Thanks

• Like 2

Hi, new to the board and would like to thank everyone that contributes for the great info. I have been reading for awhile and have learned a lot!

I am also new to the hobby as well, and looking to have a first encounter in the near future. I was wondering about clearing up a few questions.

1) Is there any positive or negative reasons to visit Independent SP vs agency SP? For some reason I seem to naturally feel more comfortable with using an independent, not sure if this is a reasonable way of thinking?

2) What is the appropriate etiquette when it comes to tipping? Seems like some people feel it is required and others say it is factored in the price?

3) I would be looking to use in call service. Are there usually any hidden fees other that the "donation". Don't want to show up short!

4) I understand the need for providing the SP with a legitimate phone number. I currently only have a home phone (shared), so would it be wise to get a cell phone? Is it common to receive calls from a SP?

Thanks

Welcome

In answer to your questions:

1) independent versus agency; is totally a question of personal preference and what you feel comfortable with. I tend to go independent, but that is also because I tend to plan encounters well in advance. Agencies tend to cater to those who want to book that day, rather than weeks in advance. But if you go with a reputable agency, I see no downside to going that route. I also like independents because it gives me more control over who I'm going to see, and an opportunity to get to know them a bit before the encounter, whether it be through this board, or through e-mail or phone. If you go with an agency, you may be limited to who is available that day, which may not be known in advance, and you won't have an opportunity to talk/e-mail with them before the meeting.

2) tipping ... again is up to you. I often take a gift, or a bottle of wine. I usually tip, but not always. Most ladies don't expect a tip, but it is always gratefully received and i think it is a nice way to convey that the encounter was meaningful to you.

3) there shouldn't be any hidden fees, but again this depends on the provider. Sometimes there may be additional costs associated with particular services that are not part of the normal encounter. PSE services, may involve an additional cost beyond the GFE price. Best to read the website and ask the provider. If going with an agency ask the phone person.

4) definitely get a cell phone. even an inexpensive pay as you go phone from 7-11 is critical.

All the best, and have fun.

Porthos

• Like 5

I agree with everything Porthos said, but to add a couple of things...

I think the general rule is: always appreciated, never expected.

One exception (kinda) to this is spas, if you see a MA; often the spa itself will only advertize a door fee, and you have to pay the MA for her services, which is often referred to as a "tip" (although it isn't, really). In this case, the door fee goes to the spa (all of it) and the second bit is the MA's share. The total of the two is about what you'd pay an indy MA. If in doubt, ask in advance...

No (although see my point about spas above).

You MUST have a cell; when you're seeing indy SPs you'll often only have the general location of her incall, and when you get there she'll give you the final directions. A cellphone is essential for this. SPs generally won't call you unless you tell them it's OK to do so, but it's useful if they have a number they can reach you at (e.g. in case of last-minute cancellations - they're rare, but they do happen).

• Like 2

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. You both seem to be reliable sources! I know all the answers I was looking for are in the boards somewhere but it gets a bit overwhelming when reading through pages and pages of conflicting opinions.

I picked up a cell tonight, I know it seems odd in this day and age not to have one but I just never had a reason for one because of the poor service where I live and work.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you to you!

As an independent sp I would say pick an agency if you don't want to deal directly with an sp. Pick an independent if you do. There are good independents and bad, good agencies and bad. My suggestion is to do your research, take into consideration what others say but DON"T base your opinion or choice on those comments. This business is full of all types of gossip, people recommend providers and agencies for valid and invalid reasons and there are those who also condemn some for valid and invalid reasons. Whom ever you choose speak with them directly, you'll get a feel of your rapport and their personality. Imo, that's the best way to find your perfect match:)

Personally I like a tip, who doesn't! It shows me that you really liked my service, me or both:) Although I don't expect it, it is always remembered and definitely appreciated. After all this is a service industry and all other service providers are tipped-ex-waitresses/waiters, bellhops, cab drivers, bar staff, etc:) I have never heard of anyone factoring in a tip, but I haven't heard everything;) I'd say if you want to tip tip, and the amount would be up to you.

Thanks

I won't book a client without a verifiable phone number, I can only assume most other sp's are the same. I'd suggest getting a hobby phone. But as far as getting calls from sp's, you should only receive calls that you invite, out of the blue calls aren't professional, nor discreet imo.

All needed information is here on this site, read through it carefully, ask as many questions as you need and post away. Many here are very unbiased, helpful, and accommodating. Just follow the rules;) some are obvious, some aren't and ignore some who may jump down your throat if you state an unfavorable, yet polite comment. We are all different, and we should be accepted and appreciated for being so, just as some accept and appreciate some for being alike. If you found anything I've said helpful and feel you'd like more help or information feel free to ask:)Happy hobbying:)

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 1

Great questions btw! This is def info that just needs to be discussed

Independent vs agency= Although some agencies do treat their girls properly, it has been my experience they take a massive unfair cut from the overall donation ...too much.

I have never expected a tip from a client, I know when I receive them its generally because I took them in on very short notice, went over and above expectations.

I would never ever never ever ever call a client, not even if he was late. I think for most s.p. they would agree THATS JUST NOT PROFESSIONAL!

XOXOXO Amberx Hope ur 1st experience is one u never forget

• Like 1

I won't book a client without a verifiable phone number, I can only assume most other sp's are the same. I'd suggest getting a hobby phone. But as far as getting calls from sp's, you should only receive calls that you invite, out of the blue calls aren't professional, nor discreet imo.

All needed information is here on this site, read through it carefully, ask as many questions as you need and post away. Many here are very unbiased, helpful, and accommodating. Just follow the rules;) some are obvious, some aren't and ignore some who may jump down your throat if you state an unfavorable, yet polite comment. We are all different, and we should be accepted and appreciated for being so, just as some accept and appreciate some for being alike. If you found anything I've said helpful and feel you'd like more help or information feel free to ask:)Happy hobbying:)

Great, well put advice, Thank You.