The tough question about strip clubs

This came to my attention last summer, when in a casual conversation someone mentioned the Hell's Angels running Pigales.

It got me thinking/realizing, aren't most strip clubs run by organized crime?

Now I totally support the women who work there, if they're there of their own volition. I'm happy to give them my money.

But buying drinks and that money going to the mob...

I guess I'm hoping that someone will say it's not like that, or not all clubs.

• Like 1

No that's a common misconception.

However, they do tend to attract organized crime. A few clubs I've worked at have a heavy HA presence as they are the ones bringing in the drugs.

I do not partake in those activities though so it took me a whole to pick up on what exactly was happening.

The pink is actually owned by a lively older lady and run my her brothers. Her son does the cleaning. It's a family business

• Like 3

Hells Angels do not own Pigals I can guarentee that they may have girls working there but do not own the Club. I won't say the name of the owner for privacy reasons but the Fax and Pigals are owned by the same family

Guest **oo**e
Hells Angels do not own Pigals I can guarentee that they may have girls working there but do not own the Club. I won't say the name of the owner for privacy reasons but the Fax and Pigals are owned by the same family

Only partially owned by the same family now.

I heard the same thing about the NuDen ... (It being run by a more people with Criminal Ties)

No idea I talk to the dancers if they are happy I guess I don't care who owns it... though if it was a criminal group I'm guessing the girls wouldn't be "I totally hate this place because of all the Hells Angels" ...

Glad at least the Fax isn't owned that way :) Hopefully neither is Barbs that's the only two places I go.

In the last year or so I've learned alot about Human trafficing. Which happens to Canadian girls in Canada not just girls being brought in from many countries.

For this reason I don't go to Strip clubs. I support women who chose to do it. Buut how many are there by their own choice? Some will think they are there on by choice and don't realize yet they are being controled and grommed for the next step.

Men and women It happens far more then we realize and willing to addmit, that we are either supporting it or being forced into it no matter how slick and smooth the guys(or wome) are.

There are even training videos online on how to groom and train women to get into this buisnes.

How do we determine who is who?

I am sure that some of the clubs on the Quebec side that had a full menu in the champagne rooms must have ties with the HA. I am sure someone was paying the local law enforcement off to avoid the clubs.

Guest *l**e

I don't know where any of you are getting your facts. I have worked at almost every club in this region and none were owned by any mob. period

Pink's is family

Pigales and Fax is family (now more members, but all related except one partner)

Dollar...independent owner

Taboo...same owner for many years now...not bikers

True...strip clubs attract bikers, etc. Some dancers are dancing to support bad dudes, etc. But the "mob" does not run the clubs.

Edited by *l**e

Guest Ni**t*****t
I am sure that some of the clubs on the Quebec side that had a full menu in the champagne rooms must have ties with the HA. I am sure someone was paying the local law enforcement off to avoid the clubs.

I don't know where you get your facts. I don't think Quebec is any worse than any other province in this country. Corruption exists everywhere, Toronto is the best example this country has had in years!

Clubs are clubs, period... we seem to love to point the finger at Quebec but hey, if someone here if offended at the experiences they get in clubs there, please speak up... I am sure that if a club has ties with particular interests, it simply does, regardless of what side of the river it is on

I'm having a hard time reading this.

It seems to me that a lot of people have preconceived notions, not about the bar but about the girls. Why is it that whenever strippers are brought up we have to bring up all that is seedy?

I didn't think this needed to be said but here it is -- there are girls that genuinely like what they do. Exploitation happens, of course it does. I assume this to be the case for street level ladies more than any other group (and this needs to be addressed). Strip clubs are an entirely different ball game.

I worked in clubs for years. Yes, girls had crappy boyfriends - who hasn't? Yes, some did drugs - not as many as you think. I met one girl in all that time that had a serious addiction and was dancing to support it. One.

Dancers do not make the money that did 10 years ago. I know people like to think we are bringing in thousands a night. Wishful thinking. I heard all types of stories about gangs making girls work to take their money. I've never heard if it happening because it isn't worth it.

If anyone who is actually involved in the industry has other insight I would love to hear it but rumour and heresay does nothing but hurt the industry's reputation and that of the girls that work in it.

• Like 6

Guest *l**e

I know for a fact that there have been girls placed in clubs by certain men either to sell drugs, or make money doing extras in the CR to give to the bad guy. I have been around this industry for well over 20 years, and I have seen this happen a few times...a huge minority of the dancers I have met or worked with.

Also, to a previous poster; cops ignore clubs, not because of being paid to, but because they have much better and more important things to do. They do a club run every so often just to make sure clubs are checking girls' ID, etc, but they certainly aren't interested in if some guy is getting a bj somewhere.

As an aside, I have seen a great many fights break out in strip clubs; about 2% of the time it involves bikers or criminals of any sort...98% of the time it is just a couple of drunken dummies. In contrast, go to the market to some of the bars down there, and you see fights with weapons, etc (super dangerous shit) on a far more regular basis. I feel far safer in most of the strip clubs in town...security is pretty good in them.

I know for a fact that there have been girls placed in clubs by certain men either to sell drugs, or make money doing extras in the CR to give to the bad guy. I have been around this industry for well over 20 years, and I have seen this happen

When? My argument is that with the current state of the industry it is no longer worth it. Why take the risk for a few hundred bucks ?

Guest *l**e

I've seen it recently. (within the last few months even) I agree with you, the cash is less. But these are low level guys...every couple hundred bucks counts. and you won't see it at Pigale or Fax or any of the better clubs.

I don't know where any of you are getting your facts. I have worked at almost every club in this region and none were owned by any mob. period

Pink's is family

Pigales and Fax is family (now more members, but all related except one partner)

Dollar...independent owner

Taboo...same owner for many years now...not bikers

Yes, the PM is also family owned.

It is good that you set the record straight. The common misconception that everyone involved in strip clubs and the sex trade -- SPs and hobbiests, etc -- are all fueling drugs and human trafficking is simply wrong! The debate is being twisted by a small minority of cases! We need intelligent public debate as the new laws for prostitution will soon be upon us.

I've seen it recently. (within the last few months even) I agree with you, the cash is less. But these are low level guys...every couple hundred bucks counts. and you won't see it at Pigale or Fax or any of the better clubs.

It's also more rampant in certain cities (Toronto comes to mind, where some of my girlfriends are constantly being approached by these kind of guys in all types of clubs) than others.

Please atleast watch the first clip.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/this-video-will-change-what-you-think-about-the-red-light-district-in-amsterdam-video/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-launch-anti-human-trafficking-program-1.2514551

This isn't to drag down the Girls who are chooseing to do this as a career on there own free will. Its to protect the girls who are not. We would be shocked to know how many are trapped in this in Canada many don't even realize it.

Guest *l**e

nice links...thanks...but they don't really have anything at all to do with this thread.

The first is about human trafficking throughout the world. While I agree it likely exist here in Canada in many situations, this thread was asking about the presence of Bikers, hell's angels,organized crime in strip clubs. I see a loose connection, but not much.

The second link is about girls in the Red Light district in Amsterdam...although I'm sure there must be an issue or the vid would have no traction, the link states no real stats, and again has little if anything to do with strip clubs in Canada.

Third link...The human trafficking there are focussing on is mostly underage girls being sold into prostition. A huge problem...agreed...but not relevant to this thread in my opinion.

The original post was asking about the involvement of organized crime in strip clubs. In my experience working in the clubs in this region, and a couple of others, although there may be a crime element present in these clubs (just as there is in night clubs, pubs, etc in general) they are not run by organized crime.