Prostitution charges hit zero as enforcement focus shifts

It is encouraging to see police taking a positive approach to this industry... i just hope that Mr. Harper does the same and only legislates things that are for the safety and protection of sex workers and does not try to apply his right wing moral agenda to us.

I believe New Brunswick also got that memo.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/prostitutes-johns-won-t-be-charged-in-saint-john-chief-says-1.2510325

And Vancouver, actually listened to sex worker and pro sex work groups for their policy.

http://vancouver.ca/police/assets/pdf/reports-policies/sex-enforcement-guidelines.pdf

• Like 1

Just a story to share,

last year before all of this began ( law changing), I had an SP that worked for me rob me. She stole everything, my TV, x-box, cash, jewelry whole bunch of things. Costs was significant.

I called the cops. Cop came over, I wrote a statement. I was honest about my work. Explained I was trying to give the lady a better chance by working here.

He shocked me by taking me seriously. He made it his own priority to do his best to find her. Weeks after he did find her. Sadly she was found near by a known "crack house" she was in awful shape. Of course he could not lay charges as she no longer had any of the items in her possession. He called me, explained the situation and said anytime I have any problems feel free to call, he says, we are here for protection for everyone. He was genuinely concerned for the lady too, saying how sad it was and that finding these items on her may have been a good way to get her off the street and finding the help she needs.

This showed me that by working this trade properly, they are willing to see past the " hooker stigma" and see the person. NOT ALL, but there are some decent ones out there. I think there has been a good level of tolerance for well run business and INDY's who keep low profile/not causing disturbances.

Good news! Hopefully, things will keep changing for the best and someday we'll be a model for other countries. Let's cross our fingers and hope!