Super Bowl Traditions

There are many holidays and events for which we all seem to develop our own traditions. Do you have any for the Super Bowl?

For me I always have people over for the pregame and game itself. Each year I visit the liquor store and select a variety of different individual beers and over the course of the event we do some quality taste testing. There will be lots of finger foods and supper will consist of my home made pizza burgers. They can be prepped ahead of time and then simply popped into the oven at the appropriate time. That is an important factor in food selection!

I read that in the US there will be 1.25 BILLION chicken wings consumed and another place I read that if those chicken wings were placed end to end they would go back and forth between San Francisco and New York 36 times! Not a good day to be a chicken!!!!

Of course I will have my little Proline bet in and have a side bet with a Cerb friend. Everyone asks who I am cheering for so that they know to bet on the other team. My success rate in picking winners is not exemplary!

If you are a fan, do you have any traditions that you look forward to every year?

By the way - Go Seahawks!

• Like 3

Huge NFL fan

Love love love it

Superbowl is always the Best Game of the year

My Superbowl traditions are as follows:

People come over to my place for the pregame show

I always head out to the LCBO and grab different types of Rum (as thats my fav)Beer for all the fellows, and some Wine/Champagne for the ladies (Im not much of a fan for wine, so I drink the champagne)

I also have tons of finger food

And I always make a huge batch of slow cooked ribs, and 7layer nachos....MMMM Im hungry already ;)

I never bet proline, but I do have a few friendly bets

**GO Seahawks Go**

Meet a bunch of buddies at the local bar....early in order to get good seats...beer and munchie platters. Then, beat all their butts on the football pool, rake in all the dough and hopefully come away with the door prize again lol.

Usually we watch a movie but flip over to catch the halftime show....lol.... did I mention we are not big football fans. There is no local football here in St. John's...no school or university teams so it is not something I grew up with.

That said I how everyone enjoys the game.

as close to a tradition as I get involved in is my buddy heads over early to the local watering hole [ he is a canadiens fan and they have a traditional super bowl sunday afternoon game ] gets us a table . we show up closer to game time , send our [ by this time ] very drunken buddy home by half-time , and just enjoy the game , the eats , the drink , and of course the many waitresses walking around .

Guest P*rry

The 'kick off' starts with a visit to Costco on Friday to buy ribs and chicken wings for the 20 family members and friends that will watch the game with me. Saturday is visit the LCBO to buy a range of beers. Cooking starts in earnest. Clean the house. Sunday morning is rest time. Then at noon start the ramp-up to game time with final touch ups in the TV room and to the array of dishes.

Then we all sit down for a good game.

Go Broncos Go!