Question re Blackberry Software Update.

Twice a day I get a message from Blackberry to update my phone software. There seems to be no way to stop them sending the message and no way to opt out.

The update is TWO GIGS! Not doing it, period.

How do I get them to stop sending me this annoying update?

Again, I am NOT downloading it so don't go there. I just want them to stop sending me the message.

Guest S*rca****sid

Why would you not want to update the software? It may have important security update or fix errors in the OS.

I am not sure what BlackBerry phone you are using but if the update is two gigs it must be a full OS and not just an update.

I am an avid BlackBerry user and I just downloaded the latest update to OS 10 and it was a major update and was only 300+ meg once installed I am not using any additional memory.

Updates improve the operations of your phone so I see no reason to not do it.

Just my opinion...of course.

Using a Z10 touchscreen. Was given it when they first came out.

How did you do the update? I tried to install the BB software but it won't run on my Windows 7 computer. I figured I could download it with my computer and then go from computer to phone, but it would not work.

I started it via the phone once and it definitely said 2 gigs. After about fifteen minutes it had downloaded one percent.

I never got to the "Install" stage.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I use BB Desktop on my Windows 7 OS system Go to the BB download site and down load and make sure its the proper S 10 System for your Z10. If not go to where you bought it and talk to your dealer about how to update it. Your dealer may update it for you.

Using a Z10 touchscreen. Was given it when they first came out.

How did you do the update? I tried to install the BB software but it won't run on my Windows 7 computer. I figured I could download it with my computer and then go from computer to phone, but it would not work.

I started it via the phone once and it definitely said 2 gigs. After about fifteen minutes it had downloaded one percent.

I never got to the "Install" stage.

You need to download BlackBerry Link software not BlackBerry Desktop... Link is for BlackBerry 10 OS. This software will work with Windows 7 as I use it myself. Once the link software is installed you can connect your phone by USB cable and back it up before installing the OS update. If you got the Z10 when it first came out then the update may be very large as there have been many improvement. Keep in mind it will be replacing much of the original OS not just adding to it.

You will notice many improvements

I've got a Z10 and I would agree that it's well worth the time it takes to do the upgrade. With the latest release 10.2.1.537 I was able to quite easily install an Android app without the need to do a side load.