Aww what a nice thread:) Yes a smile is a beautiful thing, especially from my dogs, yes they smile:) It's like a warm hug without touching, a silent thank you. Yup, a smile can certainly brighten an y moment:)

• Like 3

I like smiling at strangers I pass on the street. I always tickles me when I smie at someone who seems to be a study in black only to have their face brighten with a return smile. The majority of people I smile at return the smile without thinking, like a reflex. I like to imagine how much more pleasant it would be if we only smiled a little more often.

• Like 4

Guest c**io**m7

Smiles are free, infectious and, you never know...your smile at that perfect stranger may be the brightest ray of sunshine in his/her day.

I read something many moons ago that has stuck with me. It was that a true genuine smile will not just impact the mouth but the eyes. When the eyes are smiling as well as the mouth, you have touched someone. When the smile does not reach the eyes, the smile is a response and is painted on.

I tend to look at the eyes and the whole face now. If a smile doesn't quite touch the eyes, if I'm in a position to, I'll make sure they're ok.

I often smile "just because"...the air smells wonderful, you see a cute scene, see something beautiful or inspiring. I think even the smiles you give yourself are gifts and sometimes those gifts touch others. Just because you smile to yourself doesn't mean someone else didn't see it and in turn smile.

Lovely thing about smiles, they are contagious and create wonderful energy. Pass a smile on today even if only to yourself.

• Like 6

I was trotting into the grocery store recently and a gentleman was on his way out. I can't remember what was on my mind but it had me smiling...so when he looked at me and I gave him the biggest, warmest smile. He appreciated it so much he actually said to me "well that's a wonderful smile! so infectious!" and he smiled just as brightly as he walked past me and towards his car. It's guaranteed he passed it on to someone he encountered afterwards.

It's more contagious than the common cold.... smile and the world smiles with you :D

• Like 8

I've posted this poem a couple of times in posts before, it means a lot and the words say it all.....

A smile costs nothing, but gives much-

It takes but a moment, but the memory of it usually lasts forever. None are so rich that can get along without it-

And none are so poor but that can be made rich by it.

It enriches those who receive, without making poor those who give- It creates sunshine in the home,

Fosters good will in business,

And is the best antidote for trouble-

And yet it cannot be begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is of no value

Unless it is given away.

Some people are too busy to give you a smile- Give them one of yours-

For the good Lord knows that no one needs a smile so badly

As he or she who has no more smiles left to give.

Author unknown...

• Like 8

"Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky

You'll get by...

If you smile

With your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just...

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying

If you just...

Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky

You'll get by...

If you smile

Through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

If you just smile...

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying

If you just smile"

• Like 3

Guest P**aq

I recently met a fantastic woman who has such a beautiful smile. Whenever she smiles, I melt inside because she is smiling at me.

For most of my life I was known as a person who always had a smile... who took great pleasure of bringing a smile to someone else's face however the joy that filled my life was suddenly lost 5 years ago and I have not been that happy guy and did not think I ever would be again.

In the last year because of the kindness of others I have seen hope for the future return and I gave smiled more.... and it us amazing the impact that smile can have on you and on others.

Just last week a wonderful lady went out of her way to do something special for me... this simple act of kindness put a smile on my face that morning and gas impact my outlook for the whole week.

The smile you pass along today may be the helping hand that people you meet need to get through their day.

• Like 3