Phillip Seymour Hoffman

In case you hadn't heard, we lost an incredible talent in Phillip Seymour Hoffman today, who was found dead this morning in his New York apartment as a result of an apparent overdose. There aren't words to do his body of work justice, so I thought I'd invite movie fans (because if you were a movie fan, you were a Hoffman fan) to share some of your favourite roles or scenes. Here's one of many that I have. It's the thumbs up at the end I love most.

Edited by Lowdark
Video Link
  • Like 5

I have just read the tragic story and I am saddened by the loss of such talented actor. He was a prolific actor and I enjoy watching him in most of his movies. The last role I saw him in was in The Hunger Game.

RIP.

• Like 1

I always appreciated the varied roles that he chose. He always chose a character even if it was not the lead, which was integral to the advancement of the plot and added his own presence and character to the role. I like several of his portrayals but most notably I enjoyed his roles in:

*Patch Adams (Straight A doctor who competes with with Patch and tells him that he can outdiagnose any doctor in the world but he cannot get the woman simply to eat..that Patch has a way with people. It's a very touching seen.)

*Moneyball (His portrayal of a bitchy Art Howe who constantly tangles with Billy Beane and his new style of baseball antics is accurate to a T).

*The Ides of March (How he interacts with Ryan Gosling and teaches him the ropes of capital Hill and how he gets screwed over his classic).

*Twister (He's the nutjob who runs around kissing everybody, screams when another Twister is coming and scares the heck out of Bill Pullman's fiancee character-quite a reversal of character for him).

There are so many as he chose a variety of quality roles. Just my picks.

Guest c**io**m7

Can't forget his incredible work in Capote. A truly fantastic actor has been lost.

R.I.P. Mr Hoffman.

He did have a screen presence, didn't he?

Both PSH and Meryl Streep did justice to the performance in "Doubt".

Unexpected and sad news this is.

It's a real shame that we have lost this amazing actor. He was one of those actors where if you saw his name in the movies credits you sorta knew it was a movie worth going to see. When you think about this it is kinda amazing as in almost all of his movies he was not he leading man but was a supporting actor.

I know I was always happy to have seen his movies and would have loved to have seen him in stage as his acting on Broadway in Death of a Salesman was said to be amazing.