Cell Phones... texts... Privacy

Guest D***el B***e

I want one! I already use photovault to keep personal pics sent by providers to me in a password-protected area ... now I need an app for the entire sms or txt thread.

Great find Ice4fun!

I want one! I already use photovault to keep personal pics sent by providers to me in a password-protected area ... now I need an app for the entire sms or txt thread.

Great find Ice4fun!

Thanks

If anyone finds a Android or Apple App that is similar I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

If anyone finds a Android or Apple App that is similar I would love to hear about it.

Google is your friend

Here is one sounds similar for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keepsafe.sms&hl=en

and for Apple

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coverme-private-texting-secure/id593652484?mt=8

I don't have either, as the sole user of my phone (joys of being single :-) ) don't need it but just did a quick Google search. Maybe someone can review and recommend (or not)

RG

• Like 2

Thanks

I use the same app on one of my android devices, it's very easy to set up and does what it claims, the link to which was provided earlier in the thread.

While we're here though, does that blackberry of yours come with smaller more discrete text size ?

• Like 2

I use the same app on one of my android devices, it's very easy to set up and does what it claims, the link to which was provided earlier in the thread.

While we're here though, does that blackberry of yours come with smaller more discrete text size ?

Yes the BlackBerry has a wide range of font sizes... my eyes however are not nearly as well equipped... but note taken I will try slightly smaller.

In your screen options you can increase your font size on your device, as well using swiping the screen outward from your thumb to zoom in on your screen will help make smaller fonts legible to you while not impacting the size of the fonts when you post! :)

Just A quick update on The Hide SMS BlackBerry App...

• Only SMS messages get hidden any text messages with pictures attached do not
  • App has to be left open and running to work... would be better if it ran in background i.e. Headless
  • The App appears on your screen with the name Hide SMS visible which is not great if you are trying to hide things

It should be noted that while the App name is visible you can set it up with the ability to access it using a second fake password that opens what appears to be the app with no hidden texts in it

As a married hobbist I have no interest in being caught but I want to keep contact information on the wonderful ladies I meet.

As a result I am always looking for options to hide my text and provide me with a private contact list. While I have not yet found one app that meets all my needs I have found a couple that has assured me the discretion I am looking for.

As noted in my 1st post in this thread I use a BlackBerry Z30 phone.

SMS Blocking / Hiding

The current app I am using which is working great is called SMS Blocker Pro this app allows you to block all SMS, specific SMS or SMS from numbers not in your contact list. I have set mine to block all incoming SMS except specific contacts I have placed on the allowed list. This mean everyone except family and friends goes directly into the hidden listing within the app and do not show up in the normal SMS listing. So if my wife looks at the texts on my phone she sees any from family and friends but none from my SP friends. The SMS blocker pro app is password protected so she can't access and if she were to ask I would say downloaded to screen out spam text.

Private Contacts

To address my need to retain contact info for my SP friends I am using an App called Max Contact Manager this App does two main things for me

1. Creates and maintains a copy of my regular phone contact on the SD card in the phone. This means if my phone crashes i have a complete backup of my contact list. On its own this is a great option and it also provides a great cover as to why you have the app at all.
  2. Secondly the App allows you to save "sensitive or private" contacts to your regular phone contact list and then export them to the Apps private contact list which is accessible only through the app with a password. The real beauty of this app is you can move the contact back and forth between your regular and private lists and it retains all of the info including things like birthdays, notes, social media info, webpages and pictures etc. So all of the information is safely saved and easily accessible with greatly reduced risk.

The combination of the 2 Apps is the best solution I have found todate..... it would be great to have one app that did it all but this works

Just my opinion.

Some of the new social messaging platforms are offering interesting options for communication in the new legal world... for example the latest version of BlackBerry Messenger offers the option of timed messages that the reader can only see for a predetermined amount of time... with the already good security of BBM this added feature would be an excellent way for a more explicit conversation with no real record of it existing... with BBM now available on all phone platforms I would love to see more ladies use it.

Just my Opinion

• Like 3

I uses KeepSMS on my Android device (Samsung). All the txts are kept in under pass code. The only drawback is that when I received a text from one of the numbers inside KeepSMS I don't get the normal indicator that there is a text. An icon appears at the top of the screen. OK, I guess under certain circumstances that's a benefit. But if I am having a text convo I need to keep opening that icon. The replies don't show up when I'm in the app. Small price to pay and really doesn't take much longer than doing a regular text exchange.

If you want the regular notifications during a convo, you can move the convo out of KeepSMS for the duration of the convo and move it back when you are done. Just remember to move it! And if you've done that, be sure to clear your phone log as the sending of the clear texts registers there. There is no register if you keep the convo within KeepSMS.

I periodically go through and delete all the convos within KeepSMS just incase I'm ever asked what's in there.

• Like 1