Has anyone else has noticed that there seems to be a lack of "new threads" of any consequence on The Atlantic portion of Cerb as of late. It seems that we are suffering from a lack on input, hopefully not a lack of caring! What I mean by this is Cerb is a very useful, informative discussion board. But it fails at being a useful, informative discussion board when members do not use it to its full potential! We, hobbyist and SP alike, should be doing more to stimulate discussion and conversation. Surely we have men and women users of Cerb who have informative ideas, views and conversations to be had. I for one log onto Cerb daily hoping to find new reviews of ladies, new threads or ideally new threads started by the ladies of the region. However as of late the new ideas seem to be few and far between. There are exceptions of course and no one expects us to be writing a small novel each and every day...but it would be nice for some colourful topics now and again. So maybe this could be a late new years resolution for us...start a new conversation with the community when we can. As I stated earlier there are of course exceptions, Lexy seems to have a willingness to respond to threads. I am sure she could start a conversation or two that most of us would listen to. As far as hobbyists go scottthecanuck, drlove, etc. all have valid informative posts. One thing that starting new conversations do for everyone is it gets your name out there. Guys we become better known to the community and therefore more trusted. Ladies you become better known as well...which I am sure you know will increase the the number of hobbyists calling you for an hour or two of your time.

So I'm heading to work this morning driving along Dunbrak St. As I approach Farnham Gate Rd. I notice a car heading towards me. For those who don't know there is a median in the middle of Dunbrack St in that area. So here is this elderly gelntleman coming towards me and I guess he realizes something is wrong so he pulls to a stop. Fortunatley there wasn't much traffic. Once before I had someone heading towards me in Halifax on Hollis St. So anyone else have some driving stories they would like to share?

Just so you know I think NS has some of the worst drivers.

Edited by Mister C
added to it

Guest s******ecan****

We have a traffic circle in Moncton that has this problem as well. I usually see it happen at least once a month, usually an elderly driver.

Whatever region you're in, just try and think of something that could spark interesting discussion and start a thread. Please. Hasn't been a whole hell of a lot of that around here lately.

Doesn't matter who starts it, if it's worth talking about you'll get some varying responses and the ladies will chime in their 2 cents to boot.

If you are referring to the traffic cirlce by Champlain Mall wow that is the worst traffic circle I have EVER been on!

Whatever region you're in, just try and think of something that could spark interesting discussion and start a thread. Please. Hasn't been a whole hell of a lot of that around here lately.

Doesn't matter who starts it, if it's worth talking about you'll get some varying responses and the ladies will chime in their 2 cents to boot.

Agreed...that is EXACTLY whatI am trying to say!

We have a traffic circle in Moncton that has this problem as well. I usually see it happen at least once a month, usually an elderly driver.

There's a traffic circle in Moncton???? I thought the last of them was in Edmonton....

There's a traffic circle in Moncton???? I thought the last of them was in Edmonton....
Think there are two. One off the Trans Canada and one close to the bridge going to Riverview...I think.

Think there are two. One off the Trans Canada and one close to the bridge going to Riverview...I think.

Yes i do believe there is one there Steve

Steve: I'm betting that when you started this post you didn't expect to have a discussion about traffic circles - unless it was a bunch of hobbyists circling the location of our favourite ladies!! lol

But, talking about traffic circles - and seeing as how I get around on a bike - the Armbrae "roundabout" completely freaks me out - as does Quinpool Road. Drivers on Quinpool seem to think they're in the Indy 500 and don't give you an inch if you're on a bike. Well, actually, the problem is that they give you only an inch - no more. So, I've taken to riding down the bottom part of Quinpool on the sidewalk - I'd rather get a ticket than risk a full body cast.

So, this is partly a plea for some consideration for cyclists in Halifax.

And, and this is a big AND (and fits well into cerb) Emma lives on the other side of the roundabout from me. The fact that I have to ride up a long steep hill to visit does not deter me - the roundabout has given me second thoughts from time to time!

Bless you Emma if you read this - I plan to get in touch once you're back in town.

As far as reviews of the local cerb ladies (and they are most certainly ladies in every sense of the word) are concerned I suspect that the lack can be attributed to the fact that it is a fairly small community and although I could rave on (and have done) about the fantastic cerb ladies I have been fortunate to meet I find it difficult to find new public expressions of appreciation.

I don't pretend to be "right", but this is a forum for discussion and debate and no-one is necessarily "right". Maybe my comments will provoke more debate.

And so, thanks Steve for your initiative in bringing this to the board.

And to continue in the Traffic Circle vein, they have actually built new ones in Gatineau and Hull. It wouldn't be too bad if people actually knew how to drive in them. I've seen people in the Circle come to a complete stop because someone was approaching the circle. I don't know how we haven't had more accidents.

Learn to drive people...... My rant for the day.

forgot to mention in my last post -

thank god the adorable Emily, when she comes to Halifax, has a location on my side of the roundabout.

Otherwise I might have to resort to desperate measures - like CL!! lol

If I was to win the lottery I would book Emily for the whole of her time in NS and take her on a tour of the province and scandalise the local small town bed and breakfast owners.

I might not have a job afterwards but it would be worth it! lol

Guest s******ecan****
So maybe we could stop talking about traffic circles...and find something else to communicate about.

Yeah.....we're obviously just going in circles now...;-)

So maybe we could stop talking about traffic circles...and find something else to communicate about.

I'd welcome some observations on what I said about the small cerb SP community in Atlantic Canada.

???

I'd welcome some observations on what I said about the small cerb SP community in Atlantic Canada.

???

I'm sure there is a community, why its small might likely just be lack of knowledge regarding cerb's existence.

Spread the word especially to the ladies and encourage them to participate.

But, talking about traffic circles - and seeing as how I get around on a bike - the Armbrae "roundabout" completely freaks me out - as does Quinpool Road. Drivers on Quinpool seem to think they're in the Indy 500 and don't give you an inch if you're on a bike. Well, actually, the problem is that they give you only an inch - no more. So, I've taken to riding down the bottom part of Quinpool on the sidewalk - I'd rather get a ticket than risk a full body cast.

So, this is partly a plea for some consideration for cyclists in Halifax.

Speaking of cycling in Halifax daddio. A friend of mine and I were biking in the south end of Halifax near SMU and my friend had a slight accident with an Acura MDX. Surprisingly my friend only had a few cuts. We still ended up cycling back to Bedford.

2ynf8n5.jpg

???

Best way to discuss something is to start a thread.

The GTA has a few (sortof) traffic circles. Except for the most part (i.e. the ones I have seen) they have stop signs before you enter them, thus defeating the point.

Has anyone else has noticed that there seems to be a lack of "new threads" of any consequence on The Atlantic portion of Cerb as of late. It seems that we are suffering from a lack on input, hopefully not a lack of caring!

This might be partly explained by the absence of Amelia. Her input was always thought-provoking.

I hope she'll come back to us.

This might be partly explained by the absence of Amelia. Her input was always thought-provoking.

I hope she'll come back to us.

I would love to see her come back but I don't think she will. :(

I am fairly confident that Amelia will never be back. Don't get me wrong it would be great if she does return. I just don't believe that is going to happen.