Lets talk about restaurants

Burrito Jax near Blower/Barrington! The best damn Burrito I've ever freakin' had!

And they're starting to franchise now! It's cool to see a small startup succeed like this, especially in an industry as littered with broken dreams and bank accounts as the food business.

Layla in Clayton Park. Relatively new, inside isn't fancy and counter order but the food is amazing. The Chicken Shawarma platter is awesome. I had it with a Greek salad. YUM. Hummus is great. Watch out for their garlic paste, it is potent! heard lots of great things about the rest of their food as well.

Guest h***yto***2

Maybe because it's in my neck of the woods, but I also swear by The Vines Pasta Grill in the far outer reaches of Dartmouth. Yum, yum the ginger scallop linguini is to die for.

Agree, the Vines is great. You should try their tasters night they put on every so often. You get to sample a number of starters, mains and dessert for 29$. Great deal and makes for a fun night. I enjoy Brooklyn Warehouse for lunch when in halifax. Just ate at the Stubborn Goat on Grafton street today and it was really good. Cafe Chianti on Barrington is nice. Love their lunch special. You get a starter and a mainc for 15$. If you want something with a little kick then Talay Thai beside Cafe Chianti is really good. For what it is worth, I ate at aManos earlier this week after reading a few recommendations online and was extremely disappointed. The gnocchi I had was extremely bland, the pizza we ordered was slightly burnt, service was rather slow even though they were not busy at all. Maybe I just hit them on a bad day but for what you pay there I expected a much nicer experience....oh well, they can't all be winners. Bon appetit everyone...