Best Place To Set Up a Playhouse

Gina's Playhouse  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Gina's Playhouse

• East Playhouse
    • West Playhouse
    • Centertown Playhouse

Gentlemen as the weather becomes warmer so does Gina, I'll be setting up a playhouse soon in Ottawa. So I am asking for advice as too where I should have my location. East, West or centertown?? Help a lady out, and I promise to return the favor over & over & over again....

Good afternoon Gina,

First off, welcome to the CERB community. When evaluating the location of your "playhouse" there are many things to consider.

1. closeness to the potential guest catch basin;

2. will you be seeking daytime or evening quests;

3. is there plenty of parking in the vicinity;

4. if guests are coming from various parts of the greater Ottawa region, is vehicular access to the "playhouse" area relatively quick and easy;

5. for your own protection and ease of operation I imagine that you will be establishing the "play nest" within a low- or high-rise apartment building.

Just some food for thought. If you wish to discuss these aspects or others in more detail, please PM me.

I went to Ottawa often to work ... I was even looking to rent something too there.

Downtown is the best if you work on the day shift ... And the week-end, the parking is free on the street ... but the appartment is more expensive ...

it's hard to find a the "perfect" place ...

I asked to my regular clients to help me on that and they didn't find anything ... maybe you will have more chance ... Good Luck anyway. ;-)

I used to have a place conveniently located downtown (Kent/Somerset )and most clients had no problem going there. Parking was a bit tricker because it was usually only meters around but most of those guys worked downtown and walked a few blocks to my place. Seeing clients in the daytime was great because I would go home around 5 pm. Now, if I tell a client I will be somewhere outside of downtown even if it's easy to get to with free parking, they don't want to do that. It seems as though downtown Ottawa is the center of the universe. lol.

I tend to believe that if the man is wanting,willing and able he will travel any distance to a playhouse.

At times, realistically downtown can be a pain in the ass (parking rush hour etc), where as the other end's of the city East or West can be traveled within a 20 minute commute and there can be ample free parking.

Been there and done it North/South/East/Central and West ends of the city and including beautiful downtown Gatineau. :rolleyes:

After all Ottawa is not that big a deal to get around as compared Montreal/Toronto, just give yourself enough time leaving (if you are going to a playhouse during rush hour am or pm):wink:

For me, east and centertown are best because of proximity to my work. However I agree with Pistol that getting around anywhere in Ottawa is not too difficult, especially during my preferred rendezvous times of late morning and early afternoon. And if the lady is special, there really is no place in Ottawa/Gatineau that's too far.

Parking downtown on weekdays is an absolute pain/expensive. And, I work downtown, so I'm a bus drone. That means if the place isn't accessible by bus or walking distance from downtown, it may as well be in Toronto or Montreal. Outside the downtown core is not an option for me as I don't have a vehicle during the day, and my evenings are otherwise occupied.

I drive to visit ladies. As long as there's easy parking, I'll go see the lady I like to see.

:)

Hello Gina;

First I would like to send you a warm welcome. You got some great replies already so this is more based on my preference and from discussions I have had. as mentioned your working hours will have a lot to do with deciding what would be the best location.

Centretown: Great for daytime. Many ppl work downtown and travel by bus. So very convenient for booking hr apt as don't have the added travelling time therefore easier to sneak away from work. Evenings after 7 PM usually fine (meters hrs over) however if there is some major activity in town can be hard to find parking. Thursday and Friday evenings parking can be an issue during summer.

East/West Usually an issue for bookings around rush hour however parking is usually avaialble. Cost for a place is less expensive then downtown. Many neighborhoods in the East aren't the greatest.

I would say unless you have very limited working hours, location is not an issue. Your personality and the quality of your service is what will bring clients. They will find their way to you.

Location, location, location....

While I live south of the city, any area will do as long as the service is good. I am not a huge fan of downtown as there are parking issues as most already pointed out.

I am a huge believer in highrises as it allows for some discretion and usually there is visitor parking. Fisher Ave has a few as well as Richmond rd no idea of the price?

Downtown, as has been said, can be troublesome. Parking, traffic, etc.

My preference would be south or west.

Been there and done it North/South/East/Central and West ends of the city and including beautiful downtown Gatineau. :rolleyes:

:bddog: in Hull also :wink:

I miss you too!

After Toronto with Gina, I hope you will come to Montreal to see me! loll