RANT - No one is named!

Well said Meg:

I never used to do this, but in the past year, I have changed my tactics because I am also fed up with this "well you're only a SP so I don't need to be courteous".

If someone books with me and doesn't show up, I give them a 10 minute grace period and then I call them. I know that SP etiquette is we are supposed to be discrete and not call clients back unless we have their permission, but I have changed the way I do things because I figure if they don't have the manners to call me, then I'm going to find out if I'm sitting around for nothing. I do realize emergencies may come up, but c'mon, most of the time it should be possible to take 2 seconds to call.

When they book an appointment, I tell them to please give me a call if they think they might be late or have to cancel because I tell them "I would prefer not to have to call you". Ever since doing this, I can't remember the last guy I had to call back. If for some reason they are going to be late or not show, at least they call (if they know I might call them).

Just to clarify, I would never leave a nasty voice mail or text message. If they called me, they know it's my number on their call display.

We have to make the point that our time is valuable. On the same note, as has been mentioned here, I have heard clients complain that some SPs cancel on them in that they don't answer their phone or make them wait in their car for 10 minutes or longer or cut the session short because they didn't leave enough time between appointments, etc. maybe because they're disorganized with their time management. So it works both ways, I would say.

I always say, try missing a doctor's appt. and you might be surprised to you have to pay for the missed appointment.

I never give my actual address until the client is in my visitor -parking because I do not want someone showing up at my door 20 minutes late or whenever they think they should be entitled to drop by.

There are those guys who must think we are sitting around with nothing to do and no one else to see except them and it's okay to drop by when they're in the neighbourhood. Yeah, right!

As for the black list in the SP section, why not a white list in the SP section for clients who are respectful and courteous?A I honestly find it awkward asking a courtesan for a reference. It is like saying, I had a great time but next time I hobby, I want to meet someone. It just feels wrong.

Your so sweet eddie..no need to feel awkward about asking...funny how most guys do though. Alot Sp's nowadays all do the reference thing. I have been doing it for years..now sometimes i don't have to ask... some guys you can tell from their postings,their emails etc. Most don't mind giving a phone number...my friends list is full of people i know either i have met them or i know from others they are cool. I won't add just anyone.*** So ladies if you don't want to pm me just check my friends list.

kisses,

Emma A