We all have one thing (or many) that irks us to no end but that really is not something that should bother us at all. Usually it is something petty, something we know should not bother us or really has nothing to do with us but still gets under your skin.

One of mine is people that park in fire lanes or no parking zones. You see them at malls all the time. Normally the driver will stay in the car while another person runs in, sometimes the driver does. I get their thinking, I'm only running in for a minute, but it's a store, everyone is only running in for a minute, no one lives there. Even a huge planned shopping trip is, in the overall scheme of things, a few minutes. Why can't they park like everyone else does? Do they think they are so important they transcend parking rules and social norms or are they all sociopaths unable to consider other people while going through their daily lives (and if so, who in hell gave them driver's licenses)?

In the big picture where people park is really of no concern, I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.

There it is. What's yours?

I think this is more annoyance than hatred:) But I must confess, I'm one of those who does what you speak of. I tend to park where no one can park beside, in front of or in back of me now. Because-I drive a nice car, it's black and I've spent a small fortune having scratches and dents repaired because of careless and dishonest people. So I guess my gripe would be those who whack car doors with theirs and don't bother to take responsibility:(

I totally thought this was going to be about irrational hatred for people.

e.g. you have no reason to hate Person X and yet, you still want to punch them in the nose.

...Why can't they park like everyone else does?...

What you are seeing are people who belong to one of two groups - Cept-me and Sombody.

The rules apply to everyone - 'Cept me!

Everybody should park in the lot. They are not Everybody. They are Somebody.

They are fun bunches of folks to watch.

• Like 1

In the big picture where people park is really of no concern?

Sure, I tell myself that every time I have to push my mom in her wheelchair halfway across a parking lot because some jackass in an oversize pickup has parked across the two handicap spots by the door.

I recall an incident at the local Lawblows.

SO & I were waiting in line at the Express Checkout (1-16 items). We were behind some fellow who had a HUGE order & for some reason, he decided he wanted to use the Express line. As the cashier was handling his order, he proceeded to start chewing-out the cashier. He felt there weren't enough cashes open to handle the surge in customers, so he was justifying his need to use the Express. British chap. Reasonably well dressed. Entitled. You know the type.

Well folks, my SO is not a person with whom you wish to fuck around with. She works with the public & encounters all types of assholes. She knows how to deal with assholes. She has performed in community theatre & has an actor's ability to project vocally. She's also a semi-professional singer with a wonderful, expressive range. Since we were next in line & in close proximity to Mr. Entitled, Hooo-boy, she tore a WIDE strip off this particular asshole. The performance was award winning and quite impressive. I'm sure the whole store, parking lot & neighbourhood heard her eloquent, verbal ass-kicking.

Mr. Asshole didn't have any reply. He was totally in shock. His balls quietly rolled out the bottom of his trousers along with a weak stream of urine. He shamefully loaded his purchases in the cart and bailed (without his nuts, I might add). Ms. Cashier had a slight & grateful grin as did the others waiting patiently in line (we're Canadian after all...we're very polite). Haven't seen that particular asshole in that store again.

Hold your heads high. Here's to people who will stand-up for what's right and fight to reduce assholery around the world! Protect yourself - have an advance plan to bring dirt bags to earth.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 4

Guest P**aq
We all have one thing (or many) that irks us to no end but that really is not something that should bother us at all. Usually it is something petty, something we know should not bother us or really has nothing to do with us but still gets under your skin.

One of mine is people that park in fire lanes or no parking zones. You see them at malls all the time. Normally the driver will stay in the car while another person runs in, sometimes the driver does. I get their thinking, I'm only running in for a minute, but it's a store, everyone is only running in for a minute, no one lives there. Even a huge planned shopping trip is, in the overall scheme of things, a few minutes. Why can't they park like everyone else does? Do they think they are so important they transcend parking rules and social norms or are they all sociopaths unable to consider other people while going through their daily lives (and if so, who in hell gave them driver's licenses)?

In the big picture where people park is really of no concern, I shouldn't let it bother me but it does.

There it is. What's yours?

I too have an irrational hatred. If I park my car in an empty parking lot at the grocery store and come out to find that someone has parked their car right up to either my rear bumper (so that I can't access my trunk) or so close to my drivers side door that I have to crawl through the passenger side, and yet the rest of the entire lot is empty!

I totally thought this was going to be about irrational hatred for people.

e.g. you have no reason to hate Person X and yet, you still want to punch them in the nose.

well, I really want to punch the inconsiderate parkers!! and actually feel hatred (except Cristy, she gets an exemption and is allowed to park anywhere, but on that, it's just a car luv, just a car)

• Like 2

well, I really want to punch the inconsiderate parkers!! and actually feel hatred (except Cristy, she gets an exemption and is allowed to park anywhere, but on that, it's just a car luv, just a car)

Oh you are so right about the car being just a car:) I try daily to convince myself that but in Dec alone I spent shy of 1000$ just to have scratches removed. Black cars are a curse, especially for those of us who are a bit ocd about them looking shiny and scratch free. So many things are far more important but one of my downfalls is needing to have what I own always looking new:( Thanks for the exemption though, lol:)

Guest c**io**m7

Mine probably isn't too irrational but, I have an urge to post it anyway...

People who don't seem to clue in just how much they treat you like a piece of crap yet seem to think it okay to talk to you as if you are great friends. Their blindness does not seem to allow them to see the pain they have caused and they get pissed off at you if you try and bring it up in conversation and explain it...as if you are the one in the wrong.

To people like that I say...Sorry but, your ocassional niceness is not the gift, the gift is that we continue to treat you as a decent human being in spite of how you step on others.