For those who only saw an old man and a little girl getting married. He was not marrying her - he is her father. He is dying of pancreatic cancer. Every little girl dreams of walking down the isle with her father on her wedding day. Her father would not live long enough to see her grow up and marry. So he gave her that memory now while he still could.

Thank you Isabella for sharing such a beautiful video and story. I cried too after I translated the story to English.

Edited by jafo105
  • Like 1

OMG I am so sorry I didn't explain more about the story behind the video and that it wasn't a real wedding :icon_redface: Thank you so much Jafo for doing it for me. You are correct, this gentleman is in stage 4 of cancer and decided to plan this very special moment for him and his daughter.

• Like 1

I have daughters and one of my dreams has always been to dance with them at their wedding.... for one of my daughters this will now never be possible so thus video has certainly touched my heart... thank you Isabella for sharing it with us.

I have daughters and one of my dreams has always been to dance with them at their wedding.... for one of my daughters this will now never be possible so thus video has certainly touched my heart... thank you Isabella for sharing it with us.

Very sorry to hear that Ice4fun. :(

what a beautiful video, thank you Isabella for bringing it here so we can all enjoy it.

As someone who lost my parents at a very young age, I will never know the feeling of having my father or mother at my wedding.

It certainly brought tears to my eyes, and brought flooding back the memories (of which I have so few) of my parents as I remember them. Thank you for that, I have a huge smile on my face and tears at the same time :)

I will have my parents wedding picture proudly displayed at my wedding, but it doesn't replace them being there.

This is a video that shows love and concern for a daughter from a father, it is a beautiful sentiment that I am happy to have shared.

The fact that he wanted to do such a thing for his daughter shows the love that we never see from the outside. It is a wonderful thing to do for someone.

• Like 1

A different perspective, I was able to walk my daughter down the aisle and have that first waltz at the reception. The downer was that she couldn't have her mother there at such a defining moment in her life. She had died nearly 10 months prior to the event.

• Like 1