Teacher lap-dancing in the gym????????

Fiorst it is a horrible video...

Who is dancing for whom?...is it the teacher dancing....or is it the student dancing?

These American Pep rallies often get out of control....

Look into videos of some of the cheer leading dancing.....I have seen less provacative dancing in s Strip club.

Now I am not saying this is the right thing......but agreed there has to be some level of decorum that the teachers have to display....but that does not mean the schools have to be like the one in the movie Footloose.....

So every one in this high school had a little fun.......it is not like it was a younger crowd.....

I guess I am more Liberal....

Guest W***ledi*Time

Winnipeg rocks! This is the infamous Churchill High video from 17 February. Yes it's problematical and inappropriate, but blown way out of proportion, in my opinion. Modern technology (in the form of the cellphone and youtube) has in all likelihood backed the school authorities into a corner, and these teachers' careers will be destroyed over one misjudgement.

The teachers have been suspended pending investigation by the School Division:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/comment/editorial/2010/02/25/13029846.html

Another cellphone-video of the same incident (the one that's titled "Second lap dance video" here):

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/multimedia/?bctid=68249024001&bclid=1578011875

Guest f***2f***

If it took place in my work place people would be disciplined which might mean firing. School is supposed to be preparing people for life. In real life you don't act un-professionally in the work place or you get fired or disciplined.

Thanks Wringle.

It's speaks for itself. I have worked in a college, and would have been fired not only for having done that, but even for having put that in place as an activity.

And at the same time, you see that everybody, teachers and students, seem to know what they are doing :roll: and at ease with that reality.

I simply wouldn't want someone with so little common sense teaching my kids....It isn't what they are doing, it's the fact that it shows how poor their judgement is! They simply should have known what kind of reaction they were likely to get.

If it took place in my work place people would be disciplined which might mean firing. School is supposed to be preparing people for life. In real life you don't act un-professionally in the work place or you get fired or disciplined.

I agree 100%!

My alma mater has changed a bit since I was a student there in the 1960's, I see. Mind you, if I'd seen some of the teachers that I had in high school at Churchill doing any lap dancing, I'd have been scarred for life. I can honestly say I didn't ever have a single fantasy about any of them. Well at least not a sexual fantasy, anyway. I did periodically allow myself to contemplate how wonderful it would be if Mr. Phillips, the sadistic gym teacher, was run over by a Greyhound bus.

At what point these TWO teachers thought any of this was acceptable is beyond me and I am hardly a prude but this behavior in a school, by students or faculty is way out of line.

What makes this situation worse is that the student who captured the dance on video was being threatened with suspension for using celphone and video devices on school property. A rule in place by their district to protect the safety of both staff and students. So the student's know what they the teachers are witnessing is wrong, they document it to prove their case and the teachers union wants to go after them for breaking a rule far less offensive than the sexual lap dance performed by the supposed adults, what has this world come to. Thankfully the teachers union realized they should not pursue that line of defense. I would not want those teachers to be anywhere around my children.

• Like 2

Guest W***ledi*Time

Almost two months after the incident, the teachers remain suspended without pay:

"An administrative investigation continues, with no sign of senior staff bringing any recommendation for discipline to trustees any time soon. Board chair Jackie Sneesby says that trustees will not be hearing anything about the issue at Monday evening's regular board meeting."

Full story by Nick Martin for the Winnipeg Free Press, 9 Apr 2010:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/more-details-on-lap-dancers-suspensions-90335389.html

Guest W***ledi*Time

CBC reports 19 Apr 2010: Female teacher resigns. Male teacher's contract will not be renewed.

'I think we live in a world of YouTube ... anybody can have a camera at any time and take pictures and it'll end up on YouTube. This is the 21st century and this is part of it, I guess.'
?Winnipeg School Division trustee Jackie Sneesby

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2010/04/19/man-lap-dance-resign-contract.html

Sad in a way. Less than a minute of poor judgment and two careers are gone. All that education thrown away like it was for nothing....